KikoTube

Kiko´s Train World

IF THIS IS THE WRONG THEME PLS MOVE IT TO TOWN

Hello AFOLs!

I´m new to Lego Trains... I mean, i already had a few Train sets (7898,10194,7897) but I never built Train Moc´s or challenging Layouts.

But i think this would be a cool Hobby. So i´ll build my own Layout, some Trains and a City.

To build:

• 2 Trains with a few wagons. I thought about a cargotrain (like minecars) and a passengertransport.
  • Buildings: Mine, Tenements, Rail Station and maybe some other Things if I get some more Ideas :laugh:

Layout:

Actually i dont have a layout yet. But a idea.

I have 68 of those:

mXUR9iHHqeD-zRlvQ9R3ZlA.jpg

37 of those:

m9PvagMf-lnFVtYuR1aFWcA.jpg

1 of this:

meFOJ1zVVt6KNR9B8mteo5w.jpg

and 6 of those:

5194VMQ1CJL._SX355_.jpg

I will Need some help at my layout.

I dont have that much space but i would like to make a long track. I saw some Layouts, which had 2 Levels. I want do it aswell but which slope may it have?

Thanks for Reading!

Edited by KikoTube

I found a passengertransport to build. It is a Märklin 37506, which mostly drives in Munich, Germany:

245902_GB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

Et420.jpg

The middle part of the Märklin is almost finished... i just need to make the Roof with all the Details... Inputs for the Roof are welcome...

800x450.jpg

5 hours ago, KikoTube said:

The front of the Train is finished:

800x691.jpg

I think you can do better than that (this is an invitation to challenge yourself, not negativity on my behalf). If you look at pictures of the prototype, the red area under the window clearly has a "nick" in it - you should be able to replicate this in your build with some SNOT work.

On 1/8/2017 at 2:18 PM, KikoTube said:

The middle part of the Märklin is almost finished... i just need to make the Roof with all the Details... Inputs for the Roof are welcome...

800x450.jpg

This car looks pretty long (and the underbody seems pretty close to the trucks). I suggest building some mockups (using whatever random parts you have available) to make sure they work around the Lego curves and switches.

Hello @Phil B 

I will see what i can do. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi @jtlan

I actually thought the same, but the wagon is perfectly in scale. This screenshot was made a few days ago. Since then I made the wagon longer to fit blueprints

800x274.jpg

The trucks are moving more 180 deg. That should be also fine

Chris

@KikoTube hey there, have been reading your topic on Doktor Brick as well :classic: I think the catenary (Stromabnehmer) on that middle wagon look a bit oversized. Maybe you can try to slim it down a bit? Have you adapted the windows yet, like proposed over at Dr. Brick?

I actually thought the same, but the wagon is perfectly in scale. This screenshot was made a few days ago. Since then I made the wagon longer to fit blueprints

They might fit to the blueprints and be built to scale but keep in mind that the radius of LEGO Track is quite small. Especially if you use switches right after curves there may be some problem with the yellow part of the switch. You should also take care of the distance between two cars, so that they don't touch each other.

Stefan

2 hours ago, Stefaneris said:

They might fit to the blueprints and be built to scale but keep in mind that the radius of LEGO Track is quite small. Especially if you use switches right after curves there may be some problem with the yellow part of the switch. You should also take care of the distance between two cars, so that they don't touch each other.

Stefan

True, but ME Models curves are another option (which long cars look very nice on) for the curves. And the issue at switches is often fixed by removing the yellow piece. Just trying not to discourage prototypically long cars, since there are quite a few of us who build and run them.

8 hours ago, Capparezza said:

@KikoTube hey there, have been reading your topic on Doktor Brick as well :classic: I think the catenary (Stromabnehmer) on that middle wagon look a bit oversized. Maybe you can try to slim it down a bit? Have you adapted the windows yet, like proposed over at Dr. Brick?

Hey @Capparezza

Thats a good idea... I already thought about it. I didnt bought any of the Windows yet... But the red ones will be not the Problem.

@Stefaneris

Thanks for the hint. I´ll Keep it in mind.

@CrispyBassist

I sadly dont have much space. So ME rails will be no Option.

I like the way the 420 look, however maybe for the doors make them like a 1/4th block inwards or something? Kind of like this: 

Can be done with those 1x2 with a single cylinder (Forgot the word) on top.

Hello Guys, i made a little freight train. It is inspired by the Meitetsu DeKi 300 from Japan. The collector is still missing.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by KikoTube

That's a lovely locomotive! I think you have plenty of room to put the PF LEDs in there, which will really bring it alive.
The wagon is simple yet effective; I like the fact that the bogies are slightly longer with an extra stud between the wheelsets and steps at each end, although I feel this means you could extend the body a few studs.

@ColletArrow 

Thanks. LED's will be added. I aleready improved it. I made the roof in light gray to give it some more contrast, made the cab 2 plates lower and made the Base 8 Studs wide. I'll post pics when its finished.

The first Layout:

Ghettoviertel:  Ghettoneighbourhood

Bahnhof: railwaystation

Villen: Rich people 

Flussgebiet und Strand: beach

Innendtadt:Inner City

800x627.jpg

Looks nice. Lots of baseplates :laugh: Will this be placed on a table? How do you get to the middle of the layout, any hidden "trapdoors" planned?

@Capparezza Yes, it will be build on a table with a hole in the middle. But a trapdoor is not a bad idea. I'll see what i can do with it. i rly like the idea:sweet:

The Trainstation is finished. Opinons?

800x450.jpg

The better Version:

800x450.jpg

Edited by KikoTube

Hello Guys, its been a while. 

I built a ÖBB 1163. Which pulls freight, but also can be used for passengertransports. Here's the result:

1163%20Kiko.png

oebb-1163-007-6-mit-einem-423126.jpg

Edited by KikoTube