Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[O - E03] Extraction 1.3

Tags: Land Vehicle, Space Vehicle, Vehicle, Civil building

Extraction 1.1

Extraction 1.2

MANTIS Light Blue Grey Squadron's forward base on Ertauq.

[MANTIS comm] "Fighters to your ships. Fighters to your ships. Alert. Alert. Fighters to your ships."

32051784976_e1c664e060_b.jpg

[MANTIS Squadron Commander] "Light Blue Grey Squadron. Our spies have found the missing Octan base in the Ertauq sector. Uploading coordinates and schematics to you now...

31280286693_4ab58cc497_b.jpg

[MANTIS Squadron Commander] "Because of the large number of docked ships and limited defensive capabilities, each of you will have a designated target to..."

[MANTIS pilot 1] "The hell?!? (Wilhelm Scream)"

[MANTIS pilot 2] "Sir! Iceman's canopy it just... Oh God No!..."

[MANTIS pilot 3] "No no no no no no..."

[MANTIS pilot 4] "I can't control it sir it's..."

[MANTIS pilot 5] ...

[MANTIS pilot 6] ...

[MANTIS pilot 7] ...

[MANTIS pilot 8] ...

[MANTIS pilot 9] ...

[MANTIS pilot 10] ...

[MANTIS Squadron Commander] "Light Blue Grey Squadron! Report! What the hell is going on back there?!?!"

[MANTIS pilot 11-14] ...

32051784626_82e3ca409d_b.jpg

[MANTIS Squadron Commander] "Ertauq Base! This is Grey Squadron Commander Stone! I've lost contact with my squadron. Comms are dark. Scope is clear. No sight of hostiles..."

[Hannibal] "Copy Stone. Prepare for ejection."

[MANTIS Squadron Commander] "Ejection?!? Who is this? How'd you access this frequency?!? Show yourself you son of a..."

[Hannibal] "I am the frequency Commander Stone. Now, it's time to join your men you marauding scum..."

31715516580_b6aa061bfe_b.jpg

31715516530_d1cf2b1270_b.jpg

[Octan Traffic Control AI] "MANTIS fighter squadron, alter your vector immediately. This is Octan Traffic Control. This is a peaceful facility providing humanitarian relief to the citizens of the Ertauq sector. You have not registered a flight plan and I have deemed your presence hostile."

[Hannibal] "Octan Traffic Control, this Commander John Hannibal. I am in possession of 15 MANTIS fighters and require immediate docking..."

[Octan Traffic Control AI] "Former Interim-CEO John Hannibal has been dead for 133 cycles. And we are aware of the tasteless clones out there, how dare you desecrate that man. Prepare to be fired up... What! Wait, who's there? No! Stop! ... What's that smell? 01101000 01100101 01101100 01110000..."

18186685126_319caaebf1_o.jpg "Ahhh. That is better. Docking permission granted Extract 3, designation 'Combat Piloting.' Welcome home John."

32152392865_3a4bf1c062_b.jpg

Spoiler

Runway design stolen from Blake Foster, but who could blame me? Also, engine design stolen from LucByard, but meant as an homage rather than theft.

I love those sand green crates! :wub: The station's use of color is exemplary, and the engine continuity with previous MANTIS builds is a nice touch. 

20 hours ago, goatman461 said:

Runway design stolen from Blake Foster, but who could blame me? Also, engine design stolen from LucByard, but meant as an homage rather than theft.

And gladly taken as such :grin:

You appear to have used a different method to get the 120 degree positioning though it's hard to see from your photos. Have you connected the outer manifold to the technic holes on the wheel-rim piece or is the 3-way axle I used still in there somewhere?

20790724076_bd03f2c6fb_n.jpg

19 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

and the engine continuity with previous MANTIS builds is a nice touch. 

'future continuity' perhaps. I haven't used that ship in my AG story... Yet :wink:

5 hours ago, LucByard said:

'future continuity' perhaps. I haven't used that ship in my AG story... Yet :wink:

Oops... I saw the link and just assumed it went to an older build by you utilizing that design... that's what I get for being lazy. :laugh: 

Very nice build! the colouring with the sand green is very nice.

7 hours ago, LucByard said:

And gladly taken as such :grin:

You appear to have used a different method to get the 120 degree positioning though it's hard to see from your photos. Have you connected the outer manifold to the technic holes on the wheel-rim piece or is the 3-way axle I used still in there somewhere?

20790724076_bd03f2c6fb_n.jpg

On the wheel rim. 

32139844706_6383fce5fc.jpgLucbyard by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr