Cale

Here's to our first week at Brick Model Railroader: We now have RAILBRICKS available to download

31610907160_470bf0ecaa_c.jpgBMR Boxcar 003 by Cale Leiphart, on Flickr

BMR has a successful first week!

Today, January 6th 2017, marks our first official week at Brick Model Railroader. And we have to say that the response so far has been awesome! We can’t thank you readers enough. It is for you and the LEGO® train community that we wanted to start BMR. You have all been wonderfully supportive of us as we get this project off the ground.

In our first week of BMR being online we’ve had 5,500 views to our site, 64 registered users, 15 published articles, and 275 likes to our Facebook page. And this is only just the start. We look forward to growing and serving the LEGO train hobby for a long time to come. But in the meantime, to celebrate our first week we have something special for you, our readers.

RB12_high.jpg?resize=474%2C613 RAILBRICKS Issue 12 front cover

RAILBRICKS Magaizine now available for download through Brick Model Railroader

RAILBRICKS was a LEGO® train fan magazine produced from 2008 to 2014. 15 issues were produced in total. Several of the staff here at BMR were contributors to RAILBRICKS. While we were all sad to see the magazine fade away, we are proud of the issues produced, and the legacy that the magazine left behind. Without RAILBRICKS, BMR may not even be here today.

The RAILBRICKS issues themselves still hold up amazingly well and contain a treasure trove of information for the LEGO train hobbyist. So we are very pleased that we can now offer the entire run of RAILBRICKS magazine, through Brick Model Railroader, free for download.

Download RAILBRICKS Magazine

So thank you for reading Brick Model Railroader. We hope you like what we’re doing and will keep coming back. We will continue to be a LEGO train news and hobby resource, and we will continue to keep growing and serving the hobby for many years to come.

Visit Brick Model Railroader

Cale Leiphart

BMR-Small-Square-Logo.jpg?resize=250%2C2

Edited by Cale

Just came to say that's awesome, you beat me to the punch :grin:

Thank you for the enthusiasm Cale & Brick Model Railroader team, we need more people like you :classic:

Thanks for sharing this great magazine.

Ist a huge masterpiece for me, because i just started Building Trains and Layouts.

Thanks  again. U guys help a lot of People :blush::thumbup:

Great News! I was afraid that I was going to have to figure out how to build those cool Cale Leiphart trucks from scratch. 

Thanks Cale.  Its great to have all the Railbricks issues accessible again!

- BMW

I appreciate having the ability to read Railbricks again. Never bothered to download them until now.

This is definitely a great leap forward for BMR!

Since some of BMR's staff comes from Railbricks, does this mean we might get to see updates/continuations of various articles? Also, maybe a return of certain recurring segments, like that reverse-engineering challenge or  monthly MOC builds? Not that I'm opposed to new content, just saying that some features are classic!

8 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

This is definitely a great leap forward for BMR!

Since some of BMR's staff comes from Railbricks, does this mean we might get to see updates/continuations of various articles? Also, maybe a return of certain recurring segments, like that reverse-engineering challenge or  monthly MOC builds? Not that I'm opposed to new content, just saying that some features are classic!

As we have time and the opportunity we would certainly be open to revisiting some of the articles from RAILBRICKS. The LEGO hobby advances continually, and there is plenty of new information that could be added/updated to some of the original RB pieces. Things like the Reverse Engineering Challenge are dependent on a volunteer willing to take on that task. Ben Coifman handled that role for RAILBRICKS, I have not talked to him yet, but If he is willing we would certainly welcome him to reprise that role for BMR.

Thank you for the suggestions, we will look into them as we are always interested in adding to and improving what we do.

Cale

Hi Cale and all the others from BMR!

Thank you for setting up this new resource for our LEGO train hobby. Here are some further suggestions what could be added:

Thanks and good luck with BMR!

Holger

On January 8, 2017 at 0:39 PM, HoMa said:

Hi Cale and all the others from BMR!

Thank you for setting up this new resource for our LEGO train hobby. Here are some further suggestions what could be added:

Thanks and good luck with BMR!

Holger

Thanks Holger.

The 7777 idea book is a wonderful topic, It still influences many of us train builders today. More than one Nate Brill and myself have drawn inspiration from it of PennLUG projects. So I'm sure we will be doing a article on it at some point and I'll feel your Brickset one in mind.

When we started Brick Model Railroader, I wanted to keep it simple at first and just concentrate on providing good articles on LEGO trains for the community. So instructions were not a focus we wanted to pursue yet. But I se there is a demand out there and as we want to continue to grow BMR, instructions are something we will be looking at.

Cale 

I have been looking at a few of your magazines online the last week, and I definately enjoyed them.
Great articles and some instructions really gave me a few new ideas on how to incorporate different techniques into my own MOC´s.

I will surely read the rest of them whenever i have the time. Great work !