Francesxjoe

[MOC] Classic Cathedral

Here I would like to present my new MOC, a classic chathedral which I have spent most of my grey parts in it. You may kindly follow my flickr for more MOCs I have made.

Hope you enjoy and I am deciding whether to complete the whole cathedral instead of the front only.

http://31197481143_a08a02f532.jpgClassic Cathedral by Anakin Skywalker 2012, on Flickr

31969482856_29da693fff.jpgClassic Cathedral by Anakin Skywalker 2012, on Flickr

32007204125_31ca4c5c37.jpgClassic Cathedral by Anakin Skywalker 2012, on Flickr

Amazing work. This is the perfect embodiment of a combination of authentic architecture and construction methods of buildings from Lego bricks. I am very impressed with the work done and on the skill of the author.

Excellent!  As long as you have the space for it, I would say go for it and try to make the whole cathedral.  

An absolutely mashing façade.
From a distance, it's hard to recognise it's LEGO.
Hope you get a chance to complete this creation.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

WOW!! That is an amazing piece of work... all the architectural details are fantastic and like a real cathedral it has an imposing sense of scale. I really do hope you get around to building the rest of it!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Very nice build! I would love to see more pictures though, the flickr page doesn't do the MOC justice

Impressive cathedral! So large and so much detail. You must have put a lot of work in it!

Completing the cathedral would require an incredible amount of bricks, I guess! How many of them have you used until now?

18 hours ago, Wesley D said:

Impressive cathedral! So large and so much detail. You must have put a lot of work in it!

Completing the cathedral would require an incredible amount of bricks, I guess! How many of them have you used until now?

haa, actually, I haven't counted the parts used in this MOC but really used up most of my grey parts.

However, I did enjoy the time when building this~~

21 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Very nice build! I would love to see more pictures though, the flickr page doesn't do the MOC justice

Thanks Mesabi, sorry that I have rearranged the pictures in flickr as some pictures haven't been set as private.

That's very impressive. The monochrome grey facade is extremely detailed and very interesting to look at. I'm not sure about building it whole. While it would be nice to see it, it's definitely going to take lots of time and parts. Nevertheless, if you decide to build it whole, it would be great to see it.

19 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

That's very impressive. The monochrome grey facade is extremely detailed and very interesting to look at. I'm not sure about building it whole. While it would be nice to see it, it's definitely going to take lots of time and parts. Nevertheless, if you decide to build it whole, it would be great to see it.

Thanks!

Yup, it really took lots of time and parts to finish it, even it is just the 1/4 of the cathedral. Well, but the real problem is, the place to put it, haa:laugh:

This is really amazing!  Even the colored grey pieces add extra depth and character to the building... nice!!!

17 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

This is really amazing!  Even the colored grey pieces add extra depth and character to the building... nice!!!

haa, yes, as some of the bricks have changed color due to passing of time, I tried to use them in this MOC to highlight the pattern of stones.

2 hours ago, Francesxjoe said:

haa, yes, as some of the bricks have changed color due to passing of time, I tried to use them in this MOC to highlight the pattern of stones.

They really do.. normally i throw away my yellowed pieces, but for a build like this, it is perfect!!!

Hey @Francesxjoe,

wow, holy cow - very impressive build!

On first sight I "only" thought "huh, wow - looks big, plenty bricks, nice catch of the overall shape / look", but then I clicked further to get some more detailed view and really started marveling at all these nice details that in the first place lead to the great overall view as well.

Spotted some really clever ideas and "tricks" to realize the different ornaments; very inspiring. And, last but not least, you found some great way to make pretty good use of some "discoloured" bricks :-).

The only thing that came up to my mind that might get it (for me) even more beautiful could be some "coloured" window-art in the center perhaps, but of course that shall not detract from the praise of your fine MOC, just a thought.

I'm curious whether you will add some more to "complete" it or leave it as it is.

Regards,

Cris