Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[O-E03] Docking Bay 41

Tags: spaceship, building, civil, land vehicle?

Bob of Quatrian's log - Entry for Janurali 6th 3817

Shortly after my departure, Iris sent me a message informing me that the GCF Kathmandu wasn't on Greater Drigo anymore, and was now orbiting Ertauq. So I changed my destination and headed there. 

The Kathmandu is an impressive ship. As a reformed carrier, its hangar hosts several dozens of landing areas and docking bays. I can only imagine what it would be to face such a ship in battle.

31270298833_9125106b5e_c.jpg

Iris told me to go to the docking bay 41. I almost got lost, but I was finally able to locate the right place. It seems like some people also wanted to see what was prepared in that docking bay.

32009370971_0b30f96b3a_c.jpg

31303987124_e97bcd6387_c.jpg

31304001644_0b9d585695_c.jpg

32106974176_00296fab42_c.jpg

31335426583_0f91f12d2d_c.jpg

32145509165_5ef0a9db95_c.jpg

31996890432_acc0b49a0c_c.jpg

32026916771_38f5d19a26_c.jpg

31770814120_184f328000_c.jpg

Gadzooks that ship! And the cranes with the floor system to roll it out! OMG! Beautiful and so well thought out. Clearly double weeks is the way to go! So many cool details and greebling. Plus the figure posing is spot on. Fantastic!

The ship is really nice but my favorite part is the landing platform. The pneumatic lift and the grabber mechanism are inspirational. 

Wonderful, detailed scene! I love the classic space influences, though the splashes of pink seem a bit out of place. :look:

Can we get a shot of the big ship separate from the platform? It reminds me of the Ghost from Rebels. :sweet: 

Edited by mediumsnowman

Lovely! I love the attention to small detail, like how you did the door and the launch ramp thing.

What is this piece? I've never seen it before.

Spoiler

JD9r9Ei.jpg

Thanks everyone :blush:

On 7/1/2017 at 10:26 PM, mediumsnowman said:

Wonderful, detailed scene! I love the classic space influences, though the splashes of pink seem a bit out of place. :look:

Can we get a shot of the big ship separate from the platform? It reminds me of the Ghost from Rebels. :sweet: 

There's pink because the females here are part of an organization called "The Amazons", a group only composed of female scientists, engineers,  pilots, etc.

And that's why I'm frustrated to not having the time to work on the story I had for this build :sad:

I'll post pictures of the Ares-3 as soon as I have them... Not sure if some recognized it, but it is based on the first generation of Ares fighter, which I posted on EB 3 years ago:

It's okay if you like that sort of thing with cool details and hidden mechanic/pneumatic features...

Maybe I should read about this Gates thing... is it like GoH in space or something?  :laugh:

Congratulations on the Brothers Brick blog. Always nice to see original spacecraft design getting some attention. Well deserved.

15 hours ago, LucByard said:

Congratulations on the Brothers Brick blog. Always nice to see original spacecraft design getting some attention. Well deserved.

Thanks Luc. Did you see the topic regarding the Ares-3?

11 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Thanks Luc. Did you see the topic regarding the Ares-3?

Only after I'd commented here. :laugh: