Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

Small RNTC boathouse and warehouse at the beach, Lavalette

Nothing fancy, just what the title says. A small RNTC boathouse and warehouse at the beach of Lavalette, built to progress this settlement and ofc to make our RNTC investors happy. 

Storywise, we see Don Santos, a former Eslandolan experienced with Trade Companies was employed to help managing things, a well paid RNTC guard (that's why he is happy) and two random sailors.

31743423350_0f4dfacd00.jpg

32118748515_a8a59699ca.jpg

32079747886_6ebbec146b.jpg

32118753485_da45aa6400.jpg

P.S: Sorry about the bad pictures. The weather was awful :tongue: 

Don't worry about the pictures.  They came out fine.

While I like the roof design, the built up base, and the minifig posing, my first reaction was that it was missing something.  It took me a moment to realize what it was: it is a very limited earth-tone palette.  My personal opinion is that it could have used some foliage (e.g. a palm tree at one corner), vibrant coloured crates, or some water along one edge to act as a visual contrast, but I am by no means an expert ofc.

I do like your MOC overall though.  It is a nice representation of a nascent colony.

3 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Don't worry about the pictures.  They came out fine.

While I like the roof design, the built up base, and the minifig posing, my first reaction was that it was missing something.  It took me a moment to realize what it was: it is a very limited earth-tone palette.  My personal opinion is that it could have used some foliage (e.g. a palm tree at one corner), vibrant coloured crates, or some water along one edge to act as a visual contrast, but I am by no means an expert ofc.

I do like your MOC overall though.  It is a nice representation of a nascent colony.

Thanks for the advice! Actually I dont know why but I struggled with the roof and It didn't come closely near to my liking. Also it would have indeed looked better with a palm tree (those old time palm trees you TLG don't produce anymore. WHY!?!?!?!) or I could better mix some of the crates or generally put more thought on that. And I will go further than that and dare to say that in my LUG i was scolded :tongue: (by Mpyromaxos ofc) for building something in such a rush and appealing mostly to the ages of 0-6 :laugh:. But as I keep telling everybody, it was merely built to progress the story of RNTC and Lavalette. When someone builds a bigger warehouse (hopefully soon), I will gladly KaBLAM(tm) this "thing" :tongue: and pretend it was never built! :grin:

19 hours ago, TitusV said:

Simple yet elegant! Nice job bd!

Thanks TitusV! Give my greetings to Elisabeth and tell her that she is invited by Hugo at Breshaun for a drink or a fair share of trashtalking! :tongue: Also now that Breshaun is a city, she can find elegant shops full of "Elostirion" cloth and many other hard to find stuff.

Nice little boathouse, seigneur d'Offren!

It is a simple idea, and a simple, but elegant execution. If you hadn't mentioned the pictures, I doubt anyone would have noticed. As to bad weather... You live in Greece, man... Up here, between October and May, "good" weather for photography a distant memory of that short, warm(-ish) summer! :pir-grin:

I too would suggest adding some more landscaping around the building. Perhaps show a snip of water, and a bit of vegetation to indicate that it is indeed on the beach? :pir-blush:

Nonetheless, all the best wishes for the RNTC. May it prosper in peace.

7 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Thanks TitusV! Give my greetings to Elisabeth and tell her that she is invited by Hugo at Breshaun for a drink or a fair share of trashtalking! :tongue: Also now that Breshaun is a city, she can find elegant shops full of "Elostirion" cloth and many other hard to find stuff.

Lady Elysabeth thanks you for the invititation, and she'll drop by next time for sure! She already imagines a day full of thrashtalking and duelling, while her husband can go shopping in the streets :wink: 

I wouldn't want to call Elostirion-cloth rare. More like the opposite: I wake up in a bed with Elostirion-bedding, I open my Elostirion-drapes, I dress myself in Elostirion-clothes, I don't even need shoes because all floors (and the garden) are covered by Elostirion-tapestries, I weap my mouth with an Elostirion napkin (or with the Elostirion-tablecloth), and when I go to the toilet I wipe my #ss with Elostirion-cloth :grin: 

20 minutes ago, TitusV said:

...I wouldn't want to call Elostirion-cloth rare. More like the opposite: I wake up in a bed with Elostirion-bedding, I open my Elostirion-drapes, I dress myself in Elostirion-clothes, I don't even need shoes because all floors (and the garden) are covered by Elostirion-tapestries, I weap my mouth with an Elostirion napkin (or with the Elostirion-tablecloth), and when I go to the toilet I wipe my #ss with Elostirion-cloth :grin: 

Hahahahahahahaha!

Nice little boathouse and it is good to see some progress in some of the newer colonies.

As for the weather, we are expecting >30C here today... :pir_tong2: Some cooler weather would be nice!

Neat little structure, indeed, BD. And although some foliage wouldn't harm, it's a nice example of an early facility in a new settlement. Fits well for now - later it can be KaBLAM'd :grin:

More please :moar:

On 8.1.2017 at 9:24 PM, TitusV said:

I wipe my #ss with Elostirion-cloth :grin:

:roflmao:

On 9.1.2017 at 0:03 AM, Ayrlego said:

As for the weather, we are expecting >30C here today... :pir_tong2:

Hmpf-grmpf... but... you are all upside down :tongue: