Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

En Egliam: Celebrating five years of GoH!- Prelude

32118685565_a2795e747f_c.jpg

"Since the betrayal of Revolworld started five years ago, Historica has seen no real peace. Elemental monsters destroyed the landscape so familiar to generations. The king disappeared, civil wars occurred, Raavage rose to power and ancient races claim back their lands.  So it's obvious many are longing for better days. Or better places..."

"Yes, Historicans are adventurous. But that's mostly limited to exploring the mainland. And yes there's Varlyrio, but that's attainable by foot or small boat when the tide is low. So what lies behind the horizon? Harbor cities are sometimes visited by strange merchants with rare goods. Often speaking strange languages, but that's because they're coming from a different Guild. Or could it be that they are coming from way further?"

32000423271_6b20636bf6_c.jpg

From the top of the highest tower in En Egliam, Besdarc was overlooking the city Harbor. He changed his view towards the horizon. Five days ago he was staring towards the horizon as well, but from a Mitgardian harbor. There a merchant ship came in. Nothing out of the ordinary, it looked like it was coming from Kaliphlin. The crew even seemed to speak in a Kaliphlin dialect. Though something didn't feel right. Besdarc was even more careful these days because everyone, especially foreigners, could be spies from Raavage.

Afther Gyrin heared them speak too, it was obvious to him they weren't coming from Kaliphlin. After questioning, they said they were. But Gyrin saw through that. The only way to find out where they were coming from was to get on the ship...

31970282562_c148795414_c.jpg

Besdarc managed to get on the Shihosu, which wasn't easy as it was heavily guarded. It was obvious they didn't want any busybodies on their ship. It made him even more curious where he was heading. And more importantly, how much longer the journey would take. Four days had passed and the only thing he ate so far were two rats he managed to catch. But what was bothering most was the pain of his limbs, hiding between the cargo just wasn't good for the body...

31970286142_3652a990af_c.jpg

Finally, the ship arrived at a new harbor. Now he just had to wait for the night to set in. The ship was heavily guarded so it was obvious the docks would be as well.

31277439784_a2b1362795_c.jpg

When sneaking off the ship he looked towards the city gate. It was still busy, a man who passed by greeted him by nodding towards him. He didn't get recognized as an outsider. Which made sense looking at the clothing people were wearing, all kind of colors and styles. Even when entering the gates, the guards hardly seemed to notice him.

32000424061_0434b99675_c.jpg

With so much unexpected freedom he decided to explore the city. He came to the conclusion it wasn't linked to any of the Guilds. It even seemed the Civil Wars or anything that involved Raavage didn't affect life here at all. Though they must travel a lot as some of the animals he saw were known to come only from certain areas in Historica.

32079696706_f94a78fd16_c.jpg

Looking towards the Harbor again, Besdarc's mind suddenly went on overdrive: "What if this is just one of many unknown islands. What if there were many more. Even bigger. With large cities and even more advanced. And what if those lands knew of the Guilds, this city knew so why wouldnt they. Could it mean that we should fear an invasion in the near future? What if... Stop it, you're overthinking it. One thing is sure though, we definitely need to get exploring..."

31970280442_ebfebdd937_c.jpg

Ooh, really looking forward to where this goes! :moar::moar: 

Absolutely fantastic build, Ecc! :wub_drool: The color-scheme is gorgeous, and I love the various buildings inside :thumbup: Excellent ships too :classic:

I was wondering when this amazing build would get posted, but I had never expected the Great story accompanying it! I'm really looking forward to what this will bring! :moar:

This is certainly a large and amazing build, Ecc.!

I was also wondering when this build would be posted, and the accompanying story is great!  There is certainly a lot going on in Historica right now!
This city is an amazing blend of Avalonian, Mitgardian, and Kaliphlin's architecture styles!  I really like that colored strip in the wall to avoid a plain gray wall face.  The different ships and docks really add to the scene!

:moar: Awesome story and excellent build, Ecc, definitely getting me excited for Book III! 

The combination of styles here work superbly, and the minifigs have some really excellent combos as well!  The building with the dark tan dome and the outer wall (loving that strip of color!) in particular have some great color schemes, and your usual wonderful texture works very nicely on the docks in front! :wub:  Looking forward to more from you, and finding out what happens with Besdarc!

A tremendous build for sure! My favourite detail is probably the wharf. What I like about is that it looks like it was a pedestal leading down the stairs. But instead it leads directly into the water

But to think that there could be inhabited land beyond the oceans sounds like heresy. I doubt that most common people across Historica will believe in such fancies. 

Edited by Jacob Nion

Looks very good! I hope we will stay in this medieval style world, so no/ or not too dominant guns, steam machines will be introduced or something...

Very mysterious! Liking where this is headed! Amazing build Ecc!

Looks like we may be looking to the sea soon in Historica!

The port and ships are fantastic, and if the Spire crushes all of Historica, fleeing our continent for more safe harbors like this may be the only choice left!

Awesome Ecc!

Wow this looks incredible! I really like how complete this build looks and its so detailed at such a large scale. The story behind En Egliam also makes it sound like an interesting place. Looking forward to seeing more of this place.  

Wow !

You finally post this excellent MOC ! Great !

And with a teasing story ! New horizons could be open to the Guilds ! :pir-oh:  That is what I call a scoop ! 

Awesome work Ecc :) Looking forward to this.... lots of npu here but I really like the sand green slopes at the sides of the towers.

I was amazed when I saw this build. but now that I've read the story.. ! :pir-oh: Love all of the angles and details throughout, while the ships are just gorgeous! :wub:

Bam! And here it is finally! Saw it over at Flickr and couldn´t wait to see it here as well! Lovely, just lovely! The story sounds great as well! Hope to be building boats soon!

5 years went by awfully fast :look:

That is one stunning build! Tremendous layout, and each building is so well detailed in your signature style :wub::wub: I have to agree that the colored strip is a genius method of spicing up the walls. As cool as the walls are, I think I like the city buildings even more :thumbup:
Great variety of colors and the use SNOT plates and tiles at corners looks amazing! Superb boats as well.

Quite an interesting storyline development as well, looks like Book III will be quite exciting :excited: