r5-j2

Hulk vs Red Hulk 375 pcs @ £54.99/59.99Euro!!...

That`s what AustrianLegoFan is quoting in this build up video...to me ( cool figures aside ) ; this is nothing more than an over-priced Juniors set, but if you want the figures (as I do ),then you either pay full price or hope to pick it up later on sale...Lego really do want their  pound of flesh these days ...more stickers (in other recently released sets ), less pieces but a bigger price tag!Just2Good has already mentioned this set on his youtube channel ,he wasn`t too impressed and I can now see why.......what do you folks think?......(sorry about messy look of this post,...an edit turned into a quote! ...so you get the video twice...(I am a total @$*£-head when it comes to the inter-web! )

34 minutes ago, r5-j2 said:

Edited by r5-j2

Feels very expensive to me too - I do want all of the figs (love that She-Hulk!) but I think for me I'll be waiting for an Argos 3 for 2 or something and picking it up that way. I bet the minifigs by themselves on Bricklink or something cost almost as much as the set anyway!

Toys`r`Us has it listed (but doesn`t have stock yet ) and it is £54.99...way too much, but like you Captain Britain, I want those figures !

I have some JL vouchers/gift card I'll be using to get this set assuming they eventually stock it.

While I love the bigfigs and minifigs in this set, I agree with the consensus view that the vehicles are pants and the set overall is massively overpriced. I don't think I'd get it if I had to pay cash.

The set doesn't look too bad. I don't normally build the sets though, so this wouldn't be any different. But it looks like it has decent play value for the kids. I definitely want the figures, but like everyone else, the cost will be limiting. I may just look for She-Hulk somewhere in the aftermarket and forget the other 3, unless there is a great sale. But in my experience I have only seen most sets at 20% off at most from Amazon, so is this worth 48$ to me...likely not still. We'll see.

This is just like the Gorilla Grodd set all over again. Except there it was 347 pieces for 50 dollars ,but a whooping 70 € here in Europe. 

In these cases, patience is your best friend. Bought the Gorilla set half a year later for 40 €, so just wait here for a good price reduction. 

On 05/01/2017 at 9:39 PM, TheLegoDr said:

But it looks like it has decent play value for the kids. I definitely want the figures, but like everyone else, the cost will be limiting.

You're right, it might appeal to kids. But as Jang points out in the video linked to immediately above by VaderFan2187, the main play feature is better suited to younger kids while the complexity of the build makes it more appropriate for older kids. Also, pester-power notwithstanding, parents may baulk at the price.

I have to confess that since posting 5 January, I caved in and bought this set using some vouchers. I have to say the figs are cool. I'm especially taken by the lime green hulk. I think I may be in love. :wub: 

I nearly caved in as well, but ended up using my £20 Toy`s R `Us voucher card against some Batman The movie stuff , I also picked up the £30 Detroit Steel Set from Argos, Agent Coulson,Lola and the new Iron Man rock...but I still want these Hulks................damn you Lego *huh* !!

At least the two cars appear to have some kinda unique pieces in different colors, may not be worth the money for the vehicles, but for the figs and a random insertion of pieces into the collection...yeah, I'll still probably wait for the deep clearance lol