Sign in to follow this  
Windusky

Book II Chal V: Cat A (Riders of Historica) Entry (Alliance Side)

Recommended Posts

Somewhere among the shores of Avalonia...

31296739663_0017b555aa_z.jpg

A rider sent from General Aeldric of Vanhorn races the soldiers of The Spire to send word to Albion and the surrounding reaches word of the True King's return, the True Heir to Cedrica!

31731701470_869f6c3a11_z.jpg

The Orcs of the coastal regions have always bore crude weapons and armor. Not nearly on level of that of Soldiers directly from The Spire.

31296739123_45686d8b8a_z.jpg

The rider must be diligent, swift, and unrelenting on his horse, for the forces of Ravaage do not falter. 

 

 

(Welp, this is my Category A (Riders of Historica) Entry! It's Alliance side. CC Welcome!) 

Edited by Windusky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see you're back Windusky! You have improved a lot, this is a great build! I especially like the rider's facial expression! :thumbup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TitusV said:

Great to see you're back Windusky! You have improved a lot, this is a great build! I especially like the rider's facial expression! :thumbup: 

Thanks @TitusV!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This certainly is a quick start to the challenge, Windusky!

The shore and water are quite nice!  The posing and parts for the minifigures is perfect for this part of the challenge!  The facial expression is nicely used here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat build, Windusky, and glad to see you around again! :classic:  I'll echo the others about the excellent posing (particularly on the horseman), and the landscape is pretty neat as well!  I do think you'll find that it looks better if you place the dark tan next to the waterline to show wet sand, and the light tan farther up, instead of mixing them together like this, but that's a rather small note on this nice entry! :thumbup:  Keep it up! (and congrats on being the first to get something in! :laugh:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

A quick start to Challenge V!

I saw the Challenge announcement and simply couldn't wait to get started! :grin:

9 hours ago, Slegengr said:

The shore and water are quite nice!  The posing and parts for the minifigures is perfect for this part of the challenge!  The facial expression is nicely used here.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Neat build, Windusky, and glad to see you around again! :classic:  I'll echo the others about the excellent posing (particularly on the horseman), and the landscape is pretty neat as well!  I do think you'll find that it looks better if you place the dark tan next to the waterline to show wet sand, and the light tan farther up, instead of mixing them together like this, but that's a rather small note on this nice entry! :thumbup:  Keep it up! (and congrats on being the first to get something in! :laugh:)

Thanks Garmadon! I'm glad to be back! It feels good. And yeah, I'll definitely include that in future shore builds! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Looks nice!

Thanks Al!

5 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

your quick start has earned you a new member title.

I see that! :grin::laugh::blush:

2 hours ago, Gunman said:

That was really fast :) Nice one man.

Thanks @Gunman!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat build and kick off to the challenge! The colors capture an Avalonia-like shore look and I like how the build scales up by layer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Merc4Hire said:

Neat build and kick off to the challenge! The colors capture an Avalonia-like shore look and I like how the build scales up by layer. 

Thank you! I always feel like bright green grass always captures the feel of Avalonia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2017 at 8:50 PM, soccerkid6 said:

I like the water effect, simple, but works pretty well :thumbup: Excellent posing for the horseman too!

Thanks Soccerkid!

9 hours ago, Blufiji said:

Welcome back! I like the use of the standard blue/green for the landscapping.

Thanks for the welcome :classic: Yeah, I feel it always pops and draws the eye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see you back in GOH !

And you're the first to open fire against the Spire in this contest ! Congrats !

I like the posing of the horseman and his face is really well done. Good head choice on that one !

Good entry !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 8:30 AM, Faladrin said:

Great to see you back in GOH !

And you're the first to open fire against the Spire in this contest ! Congrats !

I like the posing of the horseman and his face is really well done. Good head choice on that one !

Good entry !

 

Thanks again Fal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice vignette, the wave coming in is a good touch :thumbup: Great fig posing, and the transition from sand to grass is great too :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.