Hi to everyboby,

after some time, here's a short update on my city with new photos and video. It's been quiet a while since last time, but I'va been very busy in working (real work). No big news but some nice details and a couple of big entries.

Something has been done on the airport zone, with a small extension, given a new table and a few additional baseplates. Now it seems to me more clever and neat. The post office of the airport has been integrated and a small Shell gas station has been inserted as well.

IMG_3362

IMG_3363

The farm has a new entrance (with the Corn Cub Guy), some new animals (a dog exposition with no competition, Scooby has already won) and a new scarecrow in the corn field.

IMG_3358

IMG_3360

IMG_3361

Let's not forget the updated Temple zone (with the new wall)!

IMG_2959

IMG_2955

On the beach somebody's left a VW Beetle.

IMG_3364

Works are in progress, and a new level crossing (less crashes!)

IMG_3365

IMG_3366

Here's the Disney Castle (first new big entry) topping Rava Town hill and within the Winter Village.

IMG_3368

IMG_3375

Some shots with the Piece&War Square (the other new big entry)!

IMG_3377

IMG_3373

And some last photos of the city!

IMG_3378

IMG_3374

Last but not least an updated video!

Hope you enjoyed!

Edited by gabrielerava

Rava Town is such a big city. I guess there isn't a single LEGO set that isn't present in your town.

The tower buildings add a lot of atmoshere to it!

I really like the plane flying above your town!

So, it’s  been a long time since last Rava Town update.

In the meantime new sets, MOCs and MODs arrived in Rava Town. Here we go with the pictures I took a couple of months ago.

First of all the expanded version of Assembly Square deserved a good potion in the city with a dedicated new plaza before, not so far from the beach.

I added some City Square elements as well (the tram and the stands) and you can see the cinema posters too. The buildings’ line is closed by the Diner (mirror built).

img_4362

img_4363

img_4367

img_4303

Along the same street you can find an extended version of the Park Street Townhouse (31065) and the original and charming version of the Model Town House (6954):

creator townhouses form the beginning to nowadays.

img_4262

img_4470

Here follows a pic from above to have a better idea of the district.

img_4491

img_4503

I placed the rest of the creator houses (those white with red roofs) all together right at the beginning of the city (near the new airport) in order to create a residential area.

img_4257

Next to the creator houses found its way a new entry: the Forest police Station set (4528), found on Ebay (I just missed it after recovering from my dark age).

img_4258

Not far another new piece: the latest service station (and now we have three gas station in the city! Seventies are past and gone).

img_4475

Behind the creator houses I made an extension to the monorail (a curve plus a self-made piece) and the bus station (in case someone misses the monorail run).

img_4465

The insertion of the bus station and the bus station (60154) and the monorail extention were made possible thanks to a reengineering of the Luna Park area

(which now is comprised of the Carousel as well, with new small trains and a Mixer populated by star wars minifigures). The airport got some development too.

img_4219

img_4220

img_4221

img_4222

The old fence of the farm was replaced by a new one and a small pic-nic area was created next to the monorail.

img_4218

A couple of shots from above too.

img_4497

img_4498

img_4500

img_4501

At the end of the airport zone I found a new place for the Ghos House and I created a small sea area, where you see the Old Fishing Store (expanded with a prolonged dock – do you see the hung shark?). It’s the sand green area…

This district is far from being completed. I guess I will have to create a sort of embarcadero for the ferry-boat and to add more details for the beach…

img_4450

img_4447

And the secret thief hideout. No words please.

img_4445

Following it’s my last MOC, the one composed by the Fish&Ship Store and the Dock Inn (at that time the Harbour Towers MOC was still to be completed

-https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/159916-moc-harbour-towers/&tab=comments#comment-2941419). Next to it the Destiny Bounty (beautiful!) and the

Black Sea Barracude (a dear souvenir of my childhood, surfaced from the waves of time).

img_4438

img_4440

Behind the skateboard store there’s a new tree making a nice green spot and a movie stage for the latest detective story to come in the Palace Cinema

Before you can see how I rearranged the residential district with sea small houses. I got my hands on an old Indy set as well (the motorboats are delicious imo).

img_4476

img_4479

img_4481

Here the whole picture from above.

img_4489

img_4490

img_4494

img_4496

Behind the harbour you can find the rail yard where trains can unload and dispatch their goods to Rava Town citizens.

img_4461

On Rava Town hill finds its way the winter village, that, during last winter saw coming both the new train station and the bigger Santa House. You see the city has grown and

their inhabitants need more gifts for Christmas. More elves on the work! A bigger snowman as well.

img_4379

img_4380

img_4436

At the end some shots from the historical center of the town. No big changes since last time, but some pictures from the above are nice.

img_4483

img_4484

img_4485

img_4486

img_4487

Last street shots.

img_4315

img_4317

img_4510

and a recap video!

More shots on my Flickr account (just re-organized with new albums!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132864555@N03/albums

Thanks to everybody and regards

Gabriele :wink:

Edited by gabrielerava

Wow! I just saw this thread and I have to say this is really impressive. A true labour of love. So brilliant, busy and cute! :classic:

Hello to everybody,

I dismantled my city before summer holidays.

Before dismantling I made a last update with trains and luna park running.

Hope you like it!

Regards

Gabriele

Edited by gabrielerava

Hi guys, it's time of rebuilding my Rava Town city. Last days I made some improvements. With more space there are a lot things to do or fix.

First of all, there's a new guy in Town.

IMG_7058

Well, in fact it's not so new. But this time it's bigger and nastier. It spread over six baseplates with new gates at the far ends. Moreover the colours are slightly changed

with some inserts in dark town.

Here's the big baby placed in Rava Town.

IMG_7087

IMG_7089

IMG_7158

IMG_7159

IMG_7162

In addition I doubled the Brick Canal: it's the canal flowing from the mountains behind Rava Town (still to be built), through the modulars and finally to the Rava Town bay,

This version includes a new bridge and a scene prepared with an old Indy set!

IMG_7235

IMG_7234

IMG_7238

IMG_7241

IMG_7242

IMG_7244

IMG_7248

Hope you enjoy the upgrades!

See you soon.

Rava

Wow, looks great!

i really like what you've done with that canal! It's a brilliant idea and it really brightens up the Modular Buildings. 

I really love the canal! This is definitely going in the 'city inspiration pile' for me :grin: :grin_wub:

wow your town has grown so much , i'm loving the gradual expansion and all the sets your incorporating into it look forward to seeing more in the future 

On 3/8/2019 at 1:02 AM, jokerfnm said:

wow your town has grown so much , i'm loving the gradual expansion and all the sets your incorporating into it look forward to seeing more in the future 

On 3/7/2019 at 7:52 PM, kiwinewt said:

I really love the canal! This is definitely going in the 'city inspiration pile' for me :grin: :grin_wub:

On 3/7/2019 at 6:18 PM, SalvoBrick said:

Impressive! *oh2* Your town surely requires a lot of space...:wink:

Thanks! I'm working slowly, but I'm working on some expansion and improvements. I'll keep you updated.

See you!  :wink:

Edited by gabrielerava

Hello to everybody, the end of the year is near, very near. I realized that I did not post any update this year.

So here you can find the last video I made at mid year 2019 (August) with all the new sets and MOCs added. The layout has changed as well, bigger than ever!

Enjoy and have an happy new year!

Gabriele

I really do not know how I've missed your city over the past couple of years.  I'm sure the shear amount of work that has gone into this cannot be fully appreciated by all.  It really is outstanding. 

If it was mine, I'd make the airport a bit longer, and I think I'd do away with those oversized city construction vehicles.  The pirate ships look a bit big for the scale as well, but thats not the end of the world as those sets are classics!

Paul

You have a great layout, I was in search of inspirations for my own layout after a long pause from Lego and you gave me some ideas. I have not seen the Lego ideas house tree set, I think it should fit perfectly in your city. 

Ottimo lavoro! 

On 1/5/2020 at 1:05 PM, paul_delahaye said:

I really do not know how I've missed your city over the past couple of years.  I'm sure the shear amount of work that has gone into this cannot be fully appreciated by all.  It really is outstanding. 

If it was mine, I'd make the airport a bit longer, and I think I'd do away with those oversized city construction vehicles.  The pirate ships look a bit big for the scale as well, but thats not the end of the world as those sets are classics!

Paul

I almost agree. Anyway it’s not easy to find additional room for the airport. The city construction veichle are a bit oversized I agree. Let’s see.

Sure it took a lot of time. I tried to put a lot of details in the city. Glad you appreciated!

On 1/5/2020 at 2:03 PM, Cunctator said:

You have a great layout, I was in search of inspirations for my own layout after a long pause from Lego and you gave me some ideas. I have not seen the Lego ideas house tree set, I think it should fit perfectly in your city. 

Ottimo lavoro! 

02E38643-AC98-47F4-AB6B-2B68C12C79DF.jpeg.ed714d2590937c2ad90d7c951e120cd4.jpeg
Here we go!

It’s not the final position. It’s very tentative.

thanks

Gabriele

Edited by gabrielerava

Those colored rowhouses sure will look great in your city!

I'm awaiting the delivery of the parts I've ordered last week for such a bright purple rowhouse. I already have them in medium lavender and flame yellowish orange.

First video of the year!

You'll see nice additions: new MOCs (Bubble Building and Sonic Building), Diagon Alley, Pirates of Barracuda Bay, Crocodile Locomotive, Avengers' Tower Battle MOD, Newbury High School MOD, Lion Dance in Chinese Temple little Diorama, and so on.

Hope you enjoy!