Hi to everyone and happy new year,

I've been attending to Eurobricks for some years. Here I got inspiration for my Mocs during last years but never posted anything. This is my first post.So I'm proud and glad to introduce and share with you the result of my moccing in the last years: Rava Town. :sweet:

UPDATE August 2023
Lego City Layout - Rava Town 2023 part 2

UPDATE August 2022
Rava Town - A New Beginning

UPDATE July 2021
Rava Town - Enormous Lego City - Final Update - 2021

UPDATE December 2020

Rava Town - Lego City Layout - it moves too

UPDATE November 2020

UPDATE August 2019

UPDATE 2018 - TRAINS and LUNA PARK RUNNING

UPDATE 2018

It's composed of both official Lego models and Mocs made by me (mainly modulars).

Here follow some photos.

IMG_0247

IMG_0242

IMG_0253

IMG_0239

IMG_0203

IMG_0207

Suggestions for improvements are always welcome !!!

Thanks and keep posting.

Gabriele

Edited by gabrielerava

That's a fantastic set-up! Love the canal. Have we seen the cathedral before? I love to build that for my layout some day if you had LDD plans. As far as "improvements" add more trees and ballast the track!  

2 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

That's a fantastic set-up! Love the canal. Have we seen the cathedral before? I love to build that for my layout some day if you had LDD plans. As far as "improvements" add more trees and ballast the track!  

Ditto to the cathedral! Would love to at least see more photos of it! A cathedral is one of my long term city plans and yours looks more the style that I'm leaning toward. 

that canal is beautiful. i love how you managed to keep it level but still look like it is a proper canal! awesome

And your city is huge! great job

Wow. You're making me jealous!

What a great layout. Nice to see sets from the eighties till now. And well combine with some nice city styling. I love those bridges and that fantastic station!

Hi to everybody,

first of all thanks a lot for your appreciations! I'm glad to see that my city found your taste. Iìll keep improving it in the next months (there's a lot of work to do! :sweet:).

In the meanwhile some quick replies.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:12 AM, ecmo47 said:

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:58 AM, Pickbricker89 said:

Ditto to the cathedral! Would love to at least see more photos of it! A cathedral is one of my long term city plans and yours looks more the style that I'm leaning toward. 

I never posted images of the cathedral. It's the first moc I made three years ago, when I got back into Lego world out of my dark age. It's called Mary Grace Cathedral in Honor of my first daughter (born three years ago).

Among future plans there is the intention to make some modifications/improvements. Once completed I will post some images for sure. Glad you appreciated it.

More trees and ballast for the tracks are good suggestions! I'm working on adding more trees.

I'm more concerned about the ballast: I think it would be a really good improvement but I guess it needs a lot of money. *huh*

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:29 PM, Svendp said:

How dare you keep this beauty hidden from us all that time :) 

I run the risk....  :wink:

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:58 PM, Man with a hat said:

Wow. You're making me jealous!

What a great layout. Nice to see sets from the eighties till now. And well combine with some nice city styling. I love those bridges and that fantastic station!

The sets from the eighties are the sets with whom I spent my childood. So I'm very attached to them. I tried to "revive" some of them with some mods to adapt to the "modern environment".

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:19 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I like the Bahnhof and the old trains set (expecially 7740) ...have you converted them to PF system? :classic: 

No PF sytem, just for exposition purposes!

In the end, thanks again to everybody, I will try to keep the post updated.

Greetings

Gabriele

Wow, after seeing the first photo I thought you had a big town, but when I saw the second my jaw dropped!

It must feel like heave to have such a place to display your LEGO town!

15 hours ago, gabrielerava said:

I'm more concerned about the ballast: I think it would be a really good improvement but I guess it needs a lot of money. *huh*

Yes, ballast will chew up parts and money at a ferocious pace but looks oh, so good when done!

26043660153_e78f8d6643_c.jpgDSC01529 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Hi, thanks to everybody for appreciating.

Here follows a brief update. Since the last time I made a few changes. In particulari I changed the layout of the southern part ot the town, with a new small airport and a new railroad. I also added some airplanes. Now everybody can reach Rava Town much easier!

Here's the new video.

I made some changes to the Luna Park (new layout) and moved the monorail track to get to the airport. Some more photos.

First of all the airplanes from the recent Lego Air Show set, the classic Indy airplane and a police helicopter as well (to check all the robberies in the city).

IMG_2052

On the left side of the photo there's a gap that will be soon filled with the Temple of Airjitzu from Nonjago. On the right side, well, it will take some more time to complete.

Here follows the airport (some details still missing, I'll work on it).

IMG_2055

IMG_2056

It consists of the control tower (a small Moc by me), the ticket office plus lounge bar (a mix of a couple of Friend's sets) and the hangar from the lego Airport Show set  Moreover there's a zone, near the arrival of the monorail dedicated to the mail receiving (the small building dates up to my childhood).

IMG_2068

Sometimes Lego Friends become useful (still to complete).

IMG_2057

Indy is waiting for his airplane will shaking his hands with some pilots. But should better have a look to his back...

IMG_2058

Her's the new railway, going around the farm and the fields. It's dedicated to diesel freight trains delivering goods for Rava Town.

IMG_2063

You can see the Cargo Train (60052), the Red Cargo Train (3677) and the Diesel Heavy Shunting (7755) from my childhood.

IMG_2061

That's it. Still a lot of work to do with no time and no money.... Next time I will dedicate some photo to the Assembly Square and to the Winter Village (if interested, you can already see some quick shots in the video).

Hope you like it!.

It is indeed huge.. any idea how many parts you used for this larger layout? There is so many detail in it.. well done!!

Hi LegoSjaak,

thank you very much!

By my side I'm always looking and appreciating the progress of your city square as well.

How many parts I used for my layout? I really don't know.... :wub:

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:09 AM, koalayummies said:

Holy moly that is huge. Some great MOCs in there and I like that there's both a city side and a more rural side. Fantastic town!

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, Captain Green Hair said:

It's, it's, it's so....Big! :sweet: Very nice setup and you've got some good MOCs build up in there. I'd love to see some more detail shots of those.

Ok, here we go:

St. Mary Cathedral (under construction)

IMG_1774

Castel in Town

IMG_1792

Toys Shop (courtesy from another Eurobrick member)

IMG_20150719_190112

Rava Bank

IMG_20151007_224211

Bakery 7597

IMG_20160105_121807

Old Street and Tower Museum

IMG_20160105_115847

Red Clock Tower

IMG_2382

Rava Town Logo

IMG_2387

Hope you enjoyed!

See next time

Edited by gabrielerava

[sound of jaw dropping to the floor]

awesome! i like the small streets

These are amazing pictures! I'm so inspired! All of it is great, but the Cathedral picture made my jaw drop. In the picture, is the area to the right of the Cathedral the church garden or maybe part of the monastery/convent? I notice the taller spire has the same red roof, so I thought it may be related. I love that idea and how it looks next to the other buildings.