Looks like Cybermaster 2.0. I like that it has more features and power than WeDo, but is not as expensive as EV3. I wonder why Lego has both this and WeDo 2.0, though. So, it looks like the move hub has only two input/output ports, but I'd really love to see detailed pictures of the components before I judge. I like how expressive the robot and the cat are, there have to be some nice building techniques there to make them move like that. Shame about the wonky, non-stackable connectors, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue with more ports. I'm kind of surprised they did not use the WeDo 2.0 M motor, but it looks to be compatible. The Boost (L?) Motor looks pretty blocky, but that might be a good thing. As I've stated before, I really hope that Lego does not use these ports for PF 2.0, but I have my doubts. After all, the Boost motors would be more expensive to make, and for most Technic applications, smart motors are not needed. Also, this may show that Lego is willing to jump to Bluetooth and tablets for control, which could lead to better PF stuff.

Edit: I found a picture:

LEGO_BOOST_HARDWARE_WHITE_V010-2_noshado

As I suspected, the main brick only has two inputs/outputs, and they are using the WeDo 2.0 connectors. But, it looks like it does have 2 built in motors, like ye olde cybermaster. I wonder how many batteries it takes, I can't quite tell.

Edited by Saberwing40k

13 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Edit: I found a picture:

http://www.brickfanatics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/LEGO_BOOST_HARDWARE_WHITE_V010-2_noshadow.jpg

As I suspected, the main brick only has two inputs/outputs, and they are using the WeDo 2.0 connectors. But, it looks like it does have 2 built in motors, like ye olde cybermaster. I wonder how many batteries it takes, I can't quite tell.

I cannot see your picture...

Edited by Milan

28 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

I cannot see your picture...

I can see it, you tried a different browser?

5 minutes ago, XtremeBuilder said:

I can see it, you tried a different browser?

Ah, yes, there it is, thanks.

15 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

I wonder how many batteries it takes, I can't quite tell.

Edit: Lego Boost site is now live.

According to Engaget:

"The first Lego Boost product is what the company is calling a "creative toolbox," which contains three Boost bricks plus 840 other Lego blocks. The core unit is the Move Hub, which contains a six-axis tilt sensor, two input and output ports, a power button and a light that changes color. It's powered by six AAA batteries and is covered in the usual Lego studs so that kids can build on top of it. Other Boost bricks include a combination color and distance sensor and an interactive motor. The motor has a tachometer in it, which tells the software how much it's turned and at what speed. This, Lego says, allows for finite control and more minute movements."

Edited by BusterHaus

I guess the 2 ports can take a motor (WeDo 2.0 M?), a sensor (included color sensor, WeDo 2.0 tilt sensor?) or the motor+sensor combo (the included blocky motor).

Voltage (&power) is higher than WeDo 2.0 though (that one outputs 5 V with boost switcher from either 2x AA batteries or a Li-Ion cell).

Hell, I can't wait until August ... takes much too long. But I'm excited that they try to market stuff like this to a younger and more open audience than with WeDo 2.0.

Move Hub features Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, two encoded motors, activation button, internal tilt sensor and a light.

Nice features indeed.

I'm still not totally convinced this isn't a hoax or anything. It's almost too good to be true. I'm wondering if this is pretty much the end of PF 1.0 and the beginning of PF 2.0, since the motors in this aren't just on-off left-right motors, but have some sort of position control apparently built in.

I ever wanted to have my own personal number five robot  from short circuit movie, at school I worked with mindstorms.I like minstorms, but something easier to program cheaper and just for fun is awesome. 

Price seems right, only thing that bugged me is battery.system Is there possibility to have rechergeable battery box like in WEDO 2.0?

4 hours ago, Phoxtane said:

I'm still not totally convinced this isn't a hoax or anything. It's almost too good to be true. I'm wondering if this is pretty much the end of PF 1.0 and the beginning of PF 2.0, since the motors in this aren't just on-off left-right motors, but have some sort of position control apparently built in.

Why would this be a hoax? It's an official announcement from Lego themselves. Also, I don't think that this is PF 2.0. Why? Because of the fact that connectors are not stackable, and smart motors are not needed for most Technic applications within sets. Why would Lego replace the relatively cheap PF motors with more expensive smart ones for Technic? I hear a lot of talk about Lego converging the PF and Mindstorms motors, but there is no reason to do so from a business perspective. Furthermore, the use cases for each motor type do not overlap. I think Boost and WeDo 2.0 are actually more likely to preview next generation Mindstorms motors, as Mindstorms does need smart motors, and the connectors look better than the current ones, being more compact and easier to use.

7 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Why would this be a hoax? It's an official announcement from Lego themselves. Also, I don't think that this is PF 2.0. Why? Because of the fact that connectors are not stackable, and smart motors are not needed for most Technic applications within sets. Why would Lego replace the relatively cheap PF motors with more expensive smart ones for Technic? I hear a lot of talk about Lego converging the PF and Mindstorms motors, but there is no reason to do so from a business perspective. Furthermore, the use cases for each motor type do not overlap. I think Boost and WeDo 2.0 are actually more likely to preview next generation Mindstorms motors, as Mindstorms does need smart motors, and the connectors look better than the current ones, being more compact and easier to use.

Well, it just doesn't SEEM right - although if it's official, it's official. As for smart motors: what about the current servo motor? Can you think of any other applications for a smart motor? I sure can - full rotation control similar to that of a stepper motor would be useful to many here who build mechanisms. If I had a Lego motor that incremented one step forward every time I turn the dial on my remote, I'm sure I could find a use for it. Not that you're wrong, of course.

Received an email today from TLG. It seems there is a 'very-watered-down' version of Mindstorms, and programming is enabled via tablets. There is already a motor and a color sensor. This sounds like a promising platform, and I wonder if the system is expandable and other sensors are planned.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Creative-Toolbox-17101?CMP=EMC-VIP2017_06_06_Boost_EN+_US&HQS=50_A_CTA_NA_EN&RMID=SAH_2017_06_06_Boost_NA&RRID=1088827

6 months late on the news! ;)

It's basically a Consumer version of WeDo2.. with a larger 'brain-brick' that has 2 built-in motors

I've had experience with Wedo1 and 2 in my schools... and the wedo2 is great fun for kids.. works *really* well with the Ipad App

It's definitely a notch down from mindstorms.. but I think that's very intentional

I will be able to give a video review in late July.

it will be visible in my new YouTube channel then..?

Be prepared for a new way of mindstorming..?

5 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

I will be able to give a video review in late July.

it will be visible in my new YouTube channel then..?

Be prepared for a new way of mindstorming..?

Will it be cheaper? I currently cannot afford Mindstorms.

Also, how did you get tlg to sponsor?

Thanks