letsbuild

Let's Build's Technic Garage - there's always something going on.

7 hours ago, AkiyamaWataru said:

The base 944 is a FR. You could look at the Mitsubishi 3000GT. This one is a M4.

The 3000gt Is not m4, it is f4. The nose is very low though.

Would anyone be willing to design me two axles, one steered, one not, both driven, that is 15 studs wide?

It should not use hubs, because I will be needing 4 axles (2 of each type), and I only have a pair of each.

Suspension type should be live axle.

I will be using the design on a trial truck, which won't be entered in any competitions, and I will give full credit to the designer of the axles.

Cheers,

Let's Build!

Just now, letsbuild said:

Would anyone be willing to design me two axles, one steered, one not, both driven, that is 15 studs wide?

It should not use hubs, because I will be needing 4 axles (2 of each type), and I only have a pair of each.

Suspension type should be live axle.

I will be using the design on a trial truck, which won't be entered in any competitions, and I will give full credit to the designer of the axles.

Cheers,

Let's Build!

Does it need to have hub reduction? If you need hub reduction for trial truck that is not for display, you can only copy Lego Unimog 8110 axle...because it is sturdy enough

Just now, I_Igor said:

Does it need to have hub reduction? If you need hub reduction for trial truck that is not for display, you can only copy Lego Unimog 8110 axle...because it is sturdy enough

Yes, it is sturdy, but I don't have those hubs.

Just now, letsbuild said:

Yes, it is sturdy, but I don't have those hubs.

I have made this axle for my Unimog U423 project, but I assume it is not sturdy enough...

800x600.jpg

more you can see here (if this could help you)

Just now, I_Igor said:

I have made this axle for my Unimog U423 project, but I assume it is not sturdy enough...

more you can see here (if this could help you)

Actually, that should work! Thank you!

9 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Why not try to build one first?

Edit, ignore what I said, I did not notice other posts.

Edited by Aventador2004

I built a chassis with an FR layout. I'm really not good at building bodywork, so does someone want to design one for me? I could send you a digital file of the chassis if you'd like. 

I'll be taking pictures as soon as the weather gets nicer, it's really stormy here.

4 hours ago, letsbuild said:

I built a chassis with an FR layout. I'm really not good at building bodywork, so does someone want to design one for me? I could send you a digital file of the chassis if you'd like. 

I'll be taking pictures as soon as the weather gets nicer, it's really stormy here.

I think it's better if you try to do bodywork first as evading problems will not help you overcome them :P

I'm horrible at bodies, yet I try and I'm slowly learning how to make them.

You should really try first, and if you think you are not getting anywhere at all, then only you should ask for help.

12 hours ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

I think it's better if you try to do bodywork first as evading problems will not help you overcome them :P

I'm horrible at bodies, yet I try and I'm slowly learning how to make them.

You should really try first, and if you think you are not getting anywhere at all, then only you should ask for help.

Thank you for your tip, but I have already tried building quite a few bodies, none looked good.

I've noticed that appearance is an important thing on this forum, and I want people to like this model, so I need a nice body for it.

Chassis at the Beach

Chassis at the Beach

I have some more pictures over on my Flickr, link in my signature.

Edited by letsbuild

6 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

I have some more pictures over on my Flickr, link in my signature.

Awesome pictures! Do you live in Atlantic Canada or just near a really nice bay/lake? :laugh:

20 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Awesome pictures! Do you live in Atlantic Canada or just near a really nice bay/lake? :laugh:

I used to live in Atlantic Canada, but then I moved to the pacific. We have some beautiful shores here too.

Final pictures of the chassis, trying to build a bigger one with even more functions!

Chassis V2Chassis V2Chassis V2Chassis V2

Click on any of the pictures to see a couple more!

Cheers,

Let's Build

Alrighty, back to work I go! 

I have started an entry for TC15, and I will host my WIP topic here.

TC15 wip

My goal is to create something like a glider with working control surfaces.

TC15 wip

Currently I have ailerons and flaps.

TC15 wip

The ailerons are the mechanism in red.

TC15 wip

The flaps are the mechanism in white. The damper is used to keep the flaps at any position given.

That's all for now, I'll keep y'all posted.

27 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Hi, nice idea for the contest, but I believe the rules state that a separate topic for contest entry is obligatory.

OK, thanks for the notification.

I'm super excited to share this with you guys!

For the first time ever, I have designed, built, and created a digital file for one of my models. This means that you could possibly have an exact copy of my truck siting on your building desk at home!

Now, let's look at the model.

It's a pull-back trophy truck. Quick, durable, and, with the suspension, quite fun.

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

My version has a damper in it, but yours would work just fine without one.

You can find more details on the rebrickable page

Hope you have a good day.

Build on!

A few months ago, I was messing around with the pull-back motors after disassembling the Trophy Truck. After some quick tinkering, I came up with this: 

AWD Pull-back Car

I'm sorry the picture isn't better, but it's the only one I've got. BUT I do have two videos. 

AWD Pull-back Car

In this first one, the acceleration is properly demonstrated. The second one shows how it needs all of its grip to not spin out. In the second one, we can see just how easy it is to spin out.

AWD Pull-back Car

51 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

I'm working on a JGTC car. I don't think anyone will be able to guess which.

Looking at the twin air inlets location in the upper-middle arear I would guess it's Supra or Silvia S15.

Well, here it is, finally. 

1999 Nissan GT-R JGTC 

1999 Nissan GT-R R34 JGTC  Features opening doors and hood, pull-back motors, and a slightly detailed interior.

I built it in black because that's all I've really got :/

1999 Nissan GT-R R34 JGTC  Features opening doors and hood, pull-back motors, and a slightly detailed interior.

Features opening doors and hood, pull-back motors, and steering with HOG at the rear.

The wing was a huge challenge, as was the shaping of the rear. There is a subtle curve to the back bumper. I'm also pretty proud of the tailpipe; the 2lL beam is perfect for it. 

You may also notice the tail lights are missing: I don't have the dishes I would have put there.

Anyways, enjoy the model! It was a fun build. There are (as usual) more pictures on my Flickr.

Edited by letsbuild