Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2017 - Final Dates and Location

I have nothing bad to say about the Brickish - I've been a member for about three years now, and the people I know there are some of my best LEGO friends. I agree that the cheque thing is horribly old-fashioned, but I think they're working on fixing that. What I've done is just make sure to pay my membership whenever I'm at an event, normally Steam in Swindon the first weekend of October. Worth going to if you haven't!

3 hours ago, Calanon said:

I should be arriving at precisely 16:00 on Wednesday so I'll join you.

EDIT: I can't seem to find a LUG to join. The only UK-wide one I can find is the Brickish Association but I've been told bad things about that group and you have to post a cheque in. Don't seem to be any in the south of England outside of London. :sad:

Is this your first time at a EB event? this will be my first time in Germany at all so we might just get lost together :)

Never been to an EB event before, but they do seem pretty cool! This would be an awesome little road trip over from the UK too, just under 11 hours it seems :laugh:. Does anyone know roughly how much the hotel is? Also not part of a LUG and interested to learn a bit more about these!

1 hour ago, bricktect said:

Is this your first time at a EB event? this will be my first time in Germany at all so we might just get lost together :)

I also found Germany to be excellent for travel train wise when I was there a couple of years ago. Not sure if you'll be grabbing a train when you're at the other end in Munich? My experience would be from trains in Berlin. Also had to stick the ticket in a little machine to get it validated which I saw a few people forget and get caught out whilst on the train!

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 6:16 AM, elleana said:

I have read through most of the topics from previous editions but I still can't quite wrap my head around what goes on at these. It seems like in 2013 (the last time the event was held in Gunzburg) there was a Munich city tour for one day and a Legoland visit for two days. I get that hanging out with fellow EBers from around the world can be fun and interesting and of course cheap Lego is always a draw but is there something more compelling that I'm missing?

I am interested in going - may be able to work this in as part of a work trip - but need more information first!

Also I have the option of flying in to Munich or Frankfurt, any suggestions on which is a better choice? 

Don't forget that the Fabrik attraction in this park is unique in terms of type and availability of parts to acquire by weight. It is no coincidence that German bricklinkers often have large quantities of rare new parts. Last time out I picked up parts that do not appear in any sets presumably because they were swapped by park model builders for other parts they needed.

33 minutes ago, Dfenz said:

Don't forget that the Fabrik attraction in this park is unique in terms of type and availability of parts to acquire by weight. It is no coincidence that German bricklinkers often have large quantities of rare new parts. Last time out I picked up parts that do not appear in any sets presumably because they were swapped by park model builders for other parts they needed.

That would explain why one of them has nearly 2000 orange phase I clone trooper helmets for sale...

11 hours ago, Calanon said:

EDIT: I can't seem to find a LUG to join. The only UK-wide one I can find is the Brickish Association ... Don't seem to be any in the south of England outside of London. :sad:

I see you've applied to brick.ie. You are aware that we are no longer part of the empire?.:grin:

Edited by Dfenz
Typo

4 minutes ago, Dfenz said:

I see you've applied to brick.ie. You are aware that we are no longer part of the empire?.:grin:

Fully aware. :wink: But I remembered something someone saying, it might have been you, that Brits are welcome too and I asked Peppy. :tongue:

One other point re 20% discount for those unable to avail of the AFOL shopping day. For the past few years when purchasing the Merlin annual pass we got a booklet of vouchers one of which has been a 20% off coupon (one time purchase but there is no limit to how many sets or parts can be in that purchase - or if there is I haven't reached it despite doing my best to test it). Without the coupon its 10% off in most shops (and free access to LL Billund if within 12 months). I haven't looked at this year's prices but these passes have paid for themselves many times over given our purchases and park-hopping.

I'm glad to see many familiar names joining the event in Gunzburg. While I was looking forward to this event (being closest to home), I was terrrible at planning a new family member, so I won't be able to join this year. Wish you all a great time and lots of interesting parts in Fabrik. :grin:

Dear all,

me and Petra cannot join this year as we are expecting a baby at the end of April.

kind regards,

Johan

19 hours ago, Teddy said:

Dear all,

me and Petra cannot join this year as we are expecting a baby at the end of April.

kind regards,

Johan

There are usually several doctors at the EB event, so that should not be a problem :wink:

1 minute ago, Bonaparte said:

There are usually several doctors at the EB event, so that should not be a problem :wink:

Lol :laugh:

Holodoc can probably handle a baby or two :grin:

1 hour ago, Jim said:

*huh*:blush::thumbup:

15 hours ago, Jim said:

I have no doubts about that.? However, based on my previous experience, I'm not sure I'd be fit enough to go just a couple weeks after giving birth (that is if the baby is on time).

Teddy and Petra, congratulations! 

This evening I had a constructive skype call with Holodoc about the event program.

To use Trump language: It's gonna be amazing, simply fantastic :sweet:

We need to work out some details first and investigate a few things before we can share it. If all goes right we'll have that done in 1 week from now.

15 hours ago, Bonaparte said:

This evening I had a constructive skype call with Holodoc about the event program.

We need to work out some details first and investigate a few things before we can share it. If all goes right we'll have that done in 1 week from now.

Let's make it Great again! :sweet:

18 hours ago, Bonaparte said:

Excited! Have booked plane tickets (yay frequent flyer miles) and reserved a car. Now all that is left to do is to wait...

Notice. This part of Germany doesn't accept credit cards everywhere (especially at restaurants and those open markets). I recommend getting some cash to cover purchases of food.

On 18/01/2017 at 10:30 AM, Lasse D said:

Notice. This part of Germany doesn't accept credit cards everywhere (especially at restaurants and those open markets). I recommend getting some cash to cover purchases of food.

*huh*

And here in Norway we are talking about doing away with cash entirely...

It seems I will have to let this event go, which annoys me a lot as I really wanted to see all you nice people again - and visit the legendary Fabrik. But I work shifts, one week on, one week off, and it seems everything I want to attend in these next six months all happens in my work weeks. And I just can't take that much time off :(

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to Billund again next year. Have fun!

Hi all

Unfortunately we have a family gathering in the weekend. And my wife grounded me :blush:

All the best to you all - have a great time

Henning M.

Hey guys,

as I'm from Bavaria (and in fact living about 60km away from Günzburg) I will for sure be there and I am really looking forward to finally meet some international AFOLs there.

The only question I have right now is about the accommodation pricing. Is there any information yet, because I am just wondering if it's financially reasonable to drive back to Augsburg every day.

Great to have the EB community here in Germany!

Regards, RC

Edited by RC 1136

Welcome aboard, RC!

Our accomodation is the Kirchenbauerhof in Bubesheim. You can either check the prices on their webpage or rely on my roughly summarized info:

We'll pay around 80€ per night per room, breakfast included. Note the price is per room, so it will vary depending on how many people stay in this room.
To give an example, I expect to pay 80-100 € for the complete event. This is absolutely fair and the location is really great. Did I write that we stayed there twice before? :wink:
You will have to add fees though for example for Legoland, train to Munich and of course lunch & dinner.

We understand if you want to sleep at home living so close by, but remember it's always nicer to have the eventees around the whole time. And trust me: It's really worth it! :sweet:

16 hours ago, Holodoc said:

We understand if you want to sleep at home living so close by, but remember it's always nicer to have the eventees around the whole time. And trust me: It's really worth it! :sweet:

That's why I'm asking. :sweet: I know how much fun it can be to spend a few days together with LEGO enthusiasts from past events, so: Count me in! :laugh:

Edited by RC 1136