shineyu

[MOC] F RC CAT 6120B Hfs Mining Shovel - Technic Figure Scale

Hello Everyone,

Weight: 14,450g (14.5kg)

Speed: 0.8 cm/s

I want to introduce my new creation; F RC Caterpillar 6120B Mining Shovel, it scale is Technic figure, and it has 8 motions are including, moving (powered by 2 XL motor), Large turnable rotate (powered by 1 XL motor), Shovel action (3 XL motor, 2 L motor), open shovel (1 M Motor)

100 % Lego Bricks and Lego Motors, No using material bricks, turnable and material structure. No using glue…. just only LEGO bricks  

video: https://www.facebook.com/pg/shineYucorner/videos/?ref=page_internal

143135m464ghj46436ix66.jpg

143135qi9v9xivta89xz18.jpg

143135soljlyaocqytjacc.jpg

143136fvrj70zrvrirzotl.jpg

143136j33d5kvek98dk083.jpg

143136mj7i25y5907dok7w.jpg

143136dngzg4pg4rg243n9.jpg

143136vm9e1ol1192zzgh4.jpg

143137ro1x1czwtedcz1po.jpg

143137t5zhpha59a5p9sva.jpg

143137ze07267npsndp9ni.jpg

143139ct4gizmyd7gagns8.jpg

143141tcxgqtsqq93zrgwq.jpg

143142ctw6pn69gkog3bnp.jpg

143142tjj2r2tdyhfzffff.jpg

143143evvbxikyr11ebe5r.jpg

143143xa8al25iltzv94a9.jpg

143143l8z2ufoomrv2rpp4.jpg

143144wp6h2pbbwveexcpk.jpg

143144dlt20wppyy0ko1q1.jpg

143144shwrss41wmisvjv4.jpg

143144hjgrg4bor441k9n6.jpg

This thing is awesome! *huh* Is the part on top of the tracks filled with Lego or is it a empty space?

This is unreal,  just the fact that you got the whole thing to function at that size is amazing and not to mention the details,  looks awesome :)  we'll done. 

Incredible creation *huh*

All functions are driven locally, right? So no geartrains inside the model, only wiring? How did you achieve the weightbalancing of the superstructure?

is this the first HOF (hall of fame) model for 2017....? wow really looking good...

45 minutes ago, wissamms said:

Would it be possible to have a video?

There is a video at the beginning of his post :)

23 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Incredible creation *huh*

All functions are driven locally, right? So no geartrains inside the model, only wiring? How did you achieve the weightbalancing of the superstructure?

Yes no third party products, metal parts or others, just only Lego bricks and motors,  i used 42055 yellow large turntable with four direction 1:3 gear and 1 xl motor, it is really more powerful for large turntable. How to balance? I always cal parts weight, the yellow body a little bit heavy than front arm. Body 5.5kg, front arm 4.8kg,  crawled 3.8kg

Very impressive!  although I am curious as to why you didn't bother, or try to hide the XL motors at the bottom? Surely they could have easily fitted into each tracked section itself?

that's a LOT of 2x1 yellow grill tiles too! :)

This is an instant classic. I wish I had even just a shred of your talent!

It's also nice to see that 2 XLs are enough to move 30 pounds of Lego - helps put things in perspective, methinks.

Awesome creation, but out off my leage, to expensive for me to build. And no instructions so impossible technically speaking.

44 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

@shineyu  Did you purposefully leave the Volvo sticker on the the model, or am I missing something. BTW, VERY nice Work. 

Oh thanks, i will remove it 

Best creation I've seen all year :wink: haha

This creation is mind blowing, It's amazing that you have build something so large but still functional.

Something seriously went wrong with You and Lego... luckily for us. :laugh: :wink: 

Although I am not a fan of huge builds, but I see the challenges in it, and huge respect for Your passion!

One question: how is the superstructure connected to the tracks? Is it only laying on the turntable, or is it somehow secured (= can the model lifted by the superstructure)?

That's a giant! What a piece of work that is! I wold have iked to see some pneumatics of LA's involved but nevertheless it's an epic build.

H

Most impressive. Good use of the new quarter gear pieces in the bucket.  Extra kudoos for 100% LEGO. :thumbup:

Wow that is fantastic especially considering it is 100% Lego. There goes the Bricklink supply for yellow 5x11 panels :laugh:

Holy buckets (so to speak)!!  I wondered when someone would use the new ring gears to their full potential, and you have certainly done so.  In the slew ring, did you use something for a roller between the upper and lower ring?  I also like how you use the rings to open the bucket.

This model is the same subject matter as Sheo's Terex TH400 (Cat bought Terex) but at a much bigger scale.  The wheels used as sprockets are awesome, the drive is smooth, and the home-built actuators are incredible.  Really wonderful job.

Just one question: HOW?! *huh* I don't even build that big in my dreams! Incredible build, I am awed at the strength of your actuators, they aren't even bending in the photos... My mind has been blown by your work here. :thumbup: