Cjd223

(MOC)(Instructions) Cavegod's Tie Defender

From the designer of the most famous AT-AT MOC comes a UCS Tie Defender.  The MOC contains 1,676 pieces in total.

Despite being a relatively simple design consisting of a base with 3 identical wings, the model itself does not disappoint in terms of both accuracy and detail.

There is an instructions bundle available for this MOC which includes a 162 page pdf instruction manual, a parts list, and LDD files.  All we ask is an exchange of 20 U.S Dollars ($20) for the entire bundle.  For more details about purchasing the bundle, please either PM me or contact me at chrdvorak@hotmail.com via email.

For the sticker, I recommend printing it at 122mm width by 61mm height after downloading the original file in the bundle.

Here are some images from the manual that show the design and completed model:

31254236693_4a336a3d11_k_d.jpg

32064573825_24ff08deb9_k_d.jpg

31689495410_fb51addf8a_k_d.jpg

31689477380_d9c6163c26_k_d.jpg

31689730980_39d758c49e_k_d.jpg

The Rebrickable listing will be approved soon for an easy to access parts list.  Please use this topic to discuss anything about the MOC including the building process, questions, part substitutions, etc.

Edited by Cjd223

That looks a sweet ship - may I ask what the windscreen/canopy piece is please? is it the same as the UCS Tie Advanced as that thing is crazy expensive and would be a killer to BL...

17 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

That looks a sweet ship - may I ask what the windscreen/canopy piece is please? is it the same as the UCS Tie Advanced as that thing is crazy expensive and would be a killer to BL...

I believe it is the cockpit from the UCS Tie Advanced.

Kind regards, Ellis

1 hour ago, Hold0511 said:

The piece shown in the first image is from the original design of the ship.  Cavegod redesigned it to match the UCS Tie more closely and that expensive piece is no longer needed.  The picture just above the sticker shows the new design.

8 hours ago, Cult_Of_Skaro said:

Thank god, that peace is $160 at the cheapest.

Wow. That's ridiculous. But I get it cos it's rare.

I'm sure these instructions will be as good as the Nebulon-B however this ship is not my cup of tea so will pass. I do wonder if Cavegod has anything new in the works as both the AT-AT and this ship are several years old already. Looking forward to future builds (and instructions)!

I currently have about 70% of the Sandcrawler in built in ldd including interior and pf functions. 

not everyones cup of tea but currently 9000+ pieces.

13 minutes ago, cavegod said:

I currently have about 70% of the Sandcrawler in built in ldd including interior and pf functions. 

not everyones cup of tea but currently 9000+ pieces.

9000 Pieces! *huh* Must be bloody huge! Can I get a picture of it so far? 

Kind regards, Ellis.

2 minutes ago, cavegod said:

P7010157

That looks amazing! I love the use of what look to be the 1x2 plates, makes it look like the real thing. Good luck on progressing with this, can't wait to see the finished product.

Kind regards, Ellis.

As Shaggy would say.. "Zoinks!" Thanks for sharing and I am looking for photos of the completed project. (Better add 1x2 plates to my next LB order!) 

5 hours ago, Dharkan said:

Is that the infamous golden C-3PO I'm seeing?

5 hours ago, cavegod said:

yeah  ut ive no idea where he is at moment

Um? If it's there, how can you have no idea where he is?

5 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Um? If it's there, how can you have no idea where he is?

because that photo was taken in 2011