Ok I have some lego themes that I would like your opinion on and which do you think I should get? Just to see if they are that bad. I will get back to you guys on which you ALL choose.

Ok the themes are:

Galidor

Scala

Belville

Galidor McDs polybag

Znap

Dora (yes that is an actual licensed theme)

Jack Stone

Ben 10

These are the theme choices and I will get back to you on them.

EDIT: No longer able to get ahold of the other themes, so... That's all folks!

Edited by legostarwars1425

I never really got sets from these lines besides Galidor and Belville, but Belville was kinda fun for me. Lots of really bright, pretty colors that weren't so common to see around and... at the time I don't recall them being terribly expensive, even if some of the sets were pretty small. Only thing I didn't like much were the figures (then again, I really gravitated to like, the Star Wars sets as far as minifigures went? I didn't like most others quite as much when I was younger). 

Galidor/Galidor McD's stuff were like, weird. I didn't actually realize they were Lego products back then just because of how different they were, but they were interesting and have their own charm I guess? Probably harder to actually use in an overall "I want to make things" way, but they're sort of fun to have if there's some small bit of nostalgia or like, wanting to actually see what they were first hand. I always hesitate to straight up call them terrible, since as like, on their own, they were definitely not the worst toys I was able to get when I was really young. 

I never owned the rest, though the Ben 10... at least the constructable figures didn't... look so bad? I have no idea how they were, but back when I thought they at least seemed kinda interesting. But Jack Stone/Dora/Znap/Scala never owned any of them. 

I'd say if you're looking for like "which was probably the worst" I'd put my money more on Galidor than the rest. Dora's just Dora, not really better/worse than the Spongebob sets and plenty of kids probably enjoyed it. Galidor was just a weird departure from like, what Lego does way back when and it was... I'm pretty sure it was their theme? I know it had a TV series, but I vaguely recall that being produced by Lego. The story was kind of a mess, the sets were so... strange? Comparatively, it wasn't like a beloved children's cartoon or anything, etc... and it wasn't easily recognizable as like, their product. 

Jack Stone. Theyre pretty interesting tbh. Like just for the sake of having a few sets from that line it doesnt hurt. The Spiderman cafe set is actually solid imo.

Out of those themes the only one I own is Galidor. I liked it when I was a kid; but after getting a few for Christmas my interest was redirected to Bionicle and Lego Star Wars sets. I could never find the TV show on the air more often than a handful of times. I still own a few of the Galidor sets. AWFUL building toys; but FUN action figures. I think Jens is my favorite of the lot; some of the others are kind of bizarre. The McDonalds Galidor stuff though was %100 awful; downright some of the worst Lego sets ever made.

Ben 10 aren't bad. If anything, they had some advantages when they were released because they were the 'concept" of a new, more durable socket, and so compared to the similar Bionicle sets released that year, the joints were far more durable on Ben 10. To add to that, the pieces are much more easily compatible with Bionicle/Hero Factory than the Galidor line was. The sets were definitely pricey for what you got and the builds were silly simple, but the parts are definitely not common and come in a few interesting shades, so theres that.

The only other thing I can comment on is that the McD's Galidor sets were...well not good, but acceptable to my child self. They are basically three pieces, with the legs being static, the arms on a single rotation, and a head with a single rotation. You can swap the legs, torsos and heads among the characters, but that's about it. I'd pass on those and go for the full size galidor sets if you are interested in that theme. 

I only own a few of the Ben 10 sets (two IIRC, got them relatively cheap and haven't made much with the parts yet), and I can second VBBN's notion. The parts are quality-wise top-notch, and the design blends fairly well with CCBS. In fact, some parts (like the thigh piece and the hooves) were also later used in a few Hero Factory sets.

I more or less missed the other themes, though I'd be curious to get a closer look at Galidor sets or Znap parts.

Edited by ZORK64

Ok, the ones that I saw that you guys wanted to know about are:

Galidor

Znap

Jack Stone

Starting with Galidor, the sets are good if you want action figures. Since they are LEGO, the joints connect with Technic pins and sockets, and as far as I have, some come with staffs and spring loaded rubber dart shooters. They do shoot regular modern rubber tipped darts as well as the old style.

As far as Znap, some elements are able to be connected with technic, but it reminds me of K'nex, but not in a bad way.

Jack stone is a line with non-customizable figures and vehicles made out of bigger parts or builds made for smaller children, which is pretty cool.

None are EXTREMELY bad but each have their individual advantages and disadvantages.

Edited by legostarwars1425

The only issue with Gallidor it that it's already infamous, and don't get me wrong it deserves the flak but it's been pretty much ripped apart at this point.

Scala looks interesting, some kind of desperate attempt by Lego to ripp off Barbie, I admire the effort. 

Znap looks really promising and must have tanked so hard by the looks of it: overly simplistic and so bland. And one of the bikes makes me think of this. 

On 12/1/2017 at 8:36 PM, ZORK64 said:

In fact, some parts (like the thigh piece and the hooves) were also later used in a few Hero Factory sets.

Don't forget the ever-present tail/horn piece a lot of sets have used as horns (Pyrox, Skull Basher and Umarak the Destroyer, off top of my head). That debuted in Ben 10 itself.

Yeah, I agree you should go with Ben 10. If you don't like the sets, you can reuse most of the parts for MOCing. Notably, they use a few parts that were never used in later sets, like a pretty unique proto-CCBS torso bone and interesting other parts. Kind of regret I never got one of them when I could.

Edited by Shakar