Hi Guys!
I would like to present you my latest build. Not usual small excavator truck. The target was to create small excavator truck with as many functions as possible. I wanted to build truck with 8 functions, to use all IR ports, but in this small scale, I only manage to put 5 and I put 3 functions to Dump truck in same scale. It was quite hard to put all functionality to such a small body, but the result is worth it.
It has 5 PF controlled functions: 4x2 driving, steering with great steering radius, rotating platform, controlling beam and controlling bucket. Is very well playable and It can dig a sand/brick and it is enough powerful to take itself out of the ground. It's robust enough to survive young child play. More info about Dump truck can be found on my blog lego.tomashubik.com

Some photos: 

003.jpg

005.jpg

017.jpg

025.jpg

More photos and indo are here: 
Excavator truck
Dump truck

VIDEO COMMING SOON...

It looks really cool! To drive the crane's functions are there motors mounted in the superstructure or just two functions through the turntable? If they do go through the turntable, which method did you use?

Wow, this looks awesome! So much detail in a small space, good job! :thumbup: 

I have the same question as @Technic Jim. How works the little crane? I'm waiting for the video.

On 2-1-2017 at 4:05 PM, TomasHubik said:

Here is scheme of how it is done.

Very cool! Between the two green gears on the green axle is this piece 4278957.jpg right?

Edited by Paul Klop

On 1/2/2017 at 3:05 PM, TomasHubik said:

Hi, Thanks for your replies. The platform is too small for motors. Here is scheme of how it is done.

Nice! How bad is the backlash between the two green gears? Is it noticeable?

1 hour ago, Paul Klop said:

Very cool! Between the two green gears on the green axle is this piece 4278957.jpg right?

Yes, Exactelly! 

33 minutes ago, Technic Jim said:

I think, it's more than good. It drives SMALL LA, so small backlash is not event noticeable. I will try to finish video tomorrow, so you can see by yourself. 

I like this scale of moc, interesting to see the older wheels, used at the front of the truck, being used more and more. Great work.

H

Wow, nice job at packing those functions in! :thumbup:

How long would you say it took for you to build it (Building + designing time)?

Thanks guys! I'm big fan of this scale. It's funny to put as many functions as possible to this small body. 

12 hours ago, XtremeBuilder said:

Wow, nice job at packing those functions in! :thumbup:

How long would you say it took for you to build it (Building + designing time)?

I don't have much time for lego but I started this project end of October and finished it before christmas. But i gave maximum of 5 hours a week. I always create the chases + functionality and than I'm trying to make it look like a car. 

Video still in Progress

Great build. I like clean design, colours and funktions. Thats how the Lego set schould look like.

Hi Guys!

I Finally made a short video. It does not have best quality, but hopefully, it will show you how those two works. There is Dump truck riding at the end: 

On 3. 1. 2017 at 7:44 PM, Technic Jim said:

On 3. 1. 2017 at 6:20 PM, Paul Klop said:

Here you can see backlash 

On 15-1-2017 at 4:40 PM, TomasHubik said:

Here you can see backlash 

I didn't see it :laugh:

Thanks for the cool video!