Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Mitgardian Bear Paw Sigil

This wass my 9th entry to Colossal Castle Contest XIV. At first I wasn’t sure if I would build anything for the Historic Illumination category, but then decided it would be a good opportunity to try my hand at a mosaic. The design is based off of this image. It was quite a challenging build process, more frustrating than rewarding really. I've done a smaller version of this before:

empty-1.jpg

One of Mitgardia’s most iconic sigils, the bear paw represents the guild’s courage, strength, and ferocity.

g-left.jpg

G-front.jpg

G-right.jpg

C&C welcome as usual, this was quite a change from my usual minifig scale buildings and landscapes:classic:

Great job on the bear paw. The design is really interesting, and I think this is really good for a first mosaic. 

It indeed is a big change from your usual builds, but I have to say I like it! To be honest, I more then like it: I love it :wub: awesome job man :thumbup:

I can imagine that getting that to work would have been frustrating, but the end result is great!  Very recognizable and much smoother than the smaller version! :thumbup: 

Woah, amazing!:wub: I noticed you favoring the GoH logo, which is now clear why.:wink: Posting the first one as well shows how much progress in skills you've made. Again well done!

Fantastic mosaic! The paw turned out superb, much better than your first try. The RB border with green and yellow highlights looks great here too :thumbup:

The larger sigil is even better than the first one you built (though I did like the first one), SK!  All of the shaping is neatly done in an interesting manner.  I have never built mosaics, but I can imagine that they could be challenging at portions to get that shaping correct, especially with angled lines.