Sign in to follow this  
chuey

decal feedback - dont be too harsh!

hi guys, 

have a shot a making lego decals for castle, here is my first attempt below, i have a skeleton army and a human army and would like any feedback on how i could make these sharper!!

regards

feedback.png

Don't worry, I think you are off to a good start! :)

First of all, it would be helpful if you could provide higher resolution pictures, so that it would be easier to check out your designs. From what I could see, I think this is already showing some promise. Having a common symbol for your knights so they are easily identifiable which side of the conflict they belong to is a very good design choice. Apart from that, your white knight can use some more details. For now, you have like the "raw design" that they would use as a template to paint on their clothes; now you have to make it look like they actually have it on their clothes. Folds and wrinkles indicate that someone is wearing a shirt, stitch lines can help make it look more medieval. You will probably want some kind of neckline and maybe have some chainmail be visible underneath it. Most knights wore those under their shirts.

Also, a brown belt running diagonally across the torso would be a common thing, as knights often used one to carry their swords and shields on their backs.

So, in essence, I think you will want to add some details. Don't be shy to look at official Lego designs for inspiration; it's never a shame to learn from the best and find out what makes their designs work. I'm looking forward to seeing your updated work! What software are you using, by the way?

Edited by Cody Startale