Well, here it is! My first train MOC that I've ever made, the Orient Express! Including a large Pacific class style locomotive similar to the Emerald Night, a tender, and a passenger car, I cobbled this together from several Bricklink orders and the LEGO Constitution Train Chase. ( I was very sad to take it apart, but it was for the greater good!) The passenger coach features opening doors, and I was able to put two lights into the roof, so it can light up at night! 

Here's the official story on this MOC: 

-Oh no! There's a Mummy on the Orient Express! Join dashing, adventurous Arthur Rutledge as he travels across Europe with several priceless artifacts to be delivered to the Louvre Museum in Paris. But be careful, his evil nemesis Cad Goldwater is also aboard, and will stop at nothing to acquire the relics. Will Rutledge be successful, or will the Orient Express be stopped by the nefarious plans of Cad? It's up to you! 

You can also see more photos of this MOC on the Orient Express Thriller page on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150692089@N03/albums/72157676895085431/with/31865151642/

This project is also on LEGO Ideas to support! https://ideas.lego.com/projects/162979 We would really appreciate the support! Thank you. :) 

Orient Express Thriller!Orient Express Thriller!

Orient Express Thriller!Orient Express Thriller!

A couple extra pictures! 

Orient Express Thriller!

Cherry Overload!

Edited by Elysiumfountain

Awesome MOC, congrats :classic: especially love that it comes with a story :thumbup:

supported as well

Edited by alican

Nice work. You've got the colors down well for the passenger car and I love how you made the decorative flourishes.Constantinople to Paris is always more fun when you have to fend off baddies.

Very nice :) Now you only need Poirot or some other famous detective to solve inevitable upcoming murders ;)

Update on the MOC: 

I put in some new green seats into the Passenger Coach that make it look a lot more elegant, and now there's not too much red on the inside! 

Orient Express Thriller!Orient Express Passenger Coach

Tell me what you think! :) I'm currently a little over budget on my Gare de Lyon project, but sometime in the foreseeable future I may add a second car to the train, we'll see.

This is an update on the status of my Gare de Lyon MOC, which is now being grouped with this project :) The clock faces arrived, and so here's a picture of a couple of minifigs next to the clock tower!

Gare de Lyon Clock Faces

Here's another update regarding this MOC, as well as a snazzy picture of the Express stopped at the grand Gare de Lyon Headquarters train station that we have just built! 

Gare de Lyon Model

Orient Express Thriller!

Another picture update, this one including many of the minifigures that accompany the Orient Express! This summer I'm considering adding a second coach to the set, we'll have to see how that goes! :)

1 hour ago, M_slug357 said:

@Elysiumfountain A 2nd coach sounds great!!

Will it be the white& dk blue? Or a different colorscheme?

I'm still trying to decide on that at the moment. Should I do it as a sleeping coach or something different? 

@M_slug357 That sounds like a great idea! I'll have to look into that over the summer as my summer project. At the moment I'm still recovering and saving my money after this last project, which is massive!!! But at least the Orient Express has a station to stop in! :) 

Gare de Lyon Headquarters

Yes, I'm really hoping it makes it! This summer especially I'll try to find more ways to promote it... I've written a jingle that I'll hopefully make a commercial out of it! :) 

Great work on the train! I really like the gold details. The coach is cool too, and I like the detailed interior of it. The station is very impressive as a project itself. Great work, will defenitly want to see the end result.