Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

Drondil's Southern Gate

This weary peddler brings something far more important than the wares in his satchel: news! The guardsmen of Drondil's Kaliphlin Gate will be the first to hear of the rumours that the Heir has returned to unite all of Historica!

31194706283_6ae38f78fb_b.jpg

31194707013_262a5db8d3_b.jpg

31887334441_44d8f63c8c_b.jpg

32004393685_d49e940147_b.jpg

31855731622_e3f2061e83_b.jpg

-------------------

This build was rushed in three days of non-stop building, and the tree was inspired by Soccerkid. Enjoy!

Great work Titus, the rockwork is excellent and so is the texture on the castle! :thumbup:  The shield you built in over the door looks really good, as does the arched architecture! 

Wow!  Lovely build, Titus, the texture works very well, and your Tudor-work is getting better all the time! :wub:  Plus, it helps that I just love dark green! :laugh: :grin:  Excellent pathway and rock-work as well, and the door and shield are great details too!  Keep it up, mate! :thumbup:

Again, this is another great build from you. The path is really nice, and the timbered sections of the gate is also a great addition. Also, the stone on the gate and the rocks are probably the best part of the build. Overall, amazing. 

Yes titus, yes. This is just to cool. to have this on display would be wicked. First off, that stine work man, so good. Secondly, that rock work is perfect, it works wonders as a base. Thirdly, everything else in the moc :tongue:. Seriously well done, for some reason I jus love this moc. 

Really lovely work, Titus! Each aspect of your builds is improving, as is the overall layout and how each element relates to the others :thumbup:
The rock base does work beautifully here, and the gatehouse is also excellent :wub:

ahh you really want me to try and start following you on the tudor-path, uh, Titus? ^^ No seriously, the more I see your houses, the more I wanna try myself - you've really been inspiring me with your last builds, which, by the way, look better and better every time! :thumbup::thumbup:

Very nice build, TitusV!

The even stone and half-timber make this a very fitting Avalonian build!  The stone is quite realistic!  The dark green accents and gold windows work very well with the half-timber portion.  Nice use of the microfigs on the turret! 

Edited by Slegengr

On 31-12-2016 at 6:25 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great work Titus, the rockwork is excellent and so is the texture on the castle! :thumbup:  The shield you built in over the door looks really good, as does the arched architecture! 

Thanks Kai! The rockwork took like 2 of the 3 building days, so I'm glad you like it!

On 31-12-2016 at 7:14 PM, Blufiji said:

The texturing and the irregular base is impressive!

Thank you sir! A compliment about irregular bases from the Master of the Irregular Base himself means a lot to me!

On 31-12-2016 at 7:31 PM, Garmadon said:

Wow!  Lovely build, Titus, the texture works very well, and your Tudor-work is getting better all the time! :wub:  Plus, it helps that I just love dark green! :laugh: :grin:  Excellent pathway and rock-work as well, and the door and shield are great details too!  Keep it up, mate! :thumbup:

Thanks Garm! I absolutely love doing tudors, and you're not the only one who like (dark) green :wink: I defenitley have some more builds planned!

On 31-12-2016 at 8:00 PM, Lord Vladivus said:

Nice! This is my favourite of your builds!

Thanks LV!

On 2-1-2017 at 7:45 AM, Brandon Stark said:

Again, this is another great build from you. The path is really nice, and the timbered sections of the gate is also a great addition. Also, the stone on the gate and the rocks are probably the best part of the build. Overall, amazing. 

Thank you Brandon! I absolutely love timbered sections, so I'm happy you like it (cause you'll probably see more of them :grin:)

On 2-1-2017 at 9:28 AM, The Maestro said:

Yes titus, yes. This is just to cool. to have this on display would be wicked. First off, that stine work man, so good. Secondly, that rock work is perfect, it works wonders as a base. Thirdly, everything else in the moc :tongue:. Seriously well done, for some reason I jus love this moc. 

That's a very big compliment man, thank you! I just try and do the best I can

On 5-1-2017 at 2:00 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Really lovely work, Titus! Each aspect of your builds is improving, as is the overall layout and how each element relates to the others :thumbup:
The rock base does work beautifully here, and the gatehouse is also excellent :wub:

Thanks SK! The gatehouse was very heavilly inspired by your Nordheim's Southern Gate, so the fact you like it means a lot to me!

22 hours ago, en_zoo said:

ahh you really want me to try and start following you on the tudor-path, uh, Titus? ^^ No seriously, the more I see your houses, the more I wanna try myself - you've really been inspiring me with your last builds, which, by the way, look better and better every time! :thumbup::thumbup:

Yes I do! The more believers in the Tudor-cult, the better :grin: No, seriously, inspiring someone is a big honour: thank you!!! And be ensured there will be more tudor-houses :wink: 

21 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Very nice build, TitusV!

The even stone and half-timber make this a very fitting Avalonian build!  The stone is quite realistic!  The dark green accents and gold windows work very well with the half-timber portion.  Nice use of the microfigs on the turret! 

Thank you! The stonework was inspired by SK, and the half-timbered tudor section by ZC. And these microfigs are my standard tower-top-off :laugh: 

The rockwork is incredible! So well done! Love the small gate and that you have an irregular height to the buildings! Great work!

That irregular rockwork base is just phenomenal :wub_drool: Beautiful stone texturing and tudor work as well, and the tree is a very nice finishing touch :thumbup:

On 7-1-2017 at 9:07 PM, Graham Gidman said:

What a terrific build! The stonework and rockwork look great, but my favorite parts is little building. Well done, man!

Thank you Graham!

On 7-1-2017 at 9:24 PM, de Gothia said:

The rockwork is incredible! So well done! Love the small gate and that you have an irregular height to the buildings! Great work!

Thanks DG! I have found that irregular heights make a MOC way more intresting

15 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

That irregular rockwork base is just phenomenal :wub_drool: Beautiful stone texturing and tudor work as well, and the tree is a very nice finishing touch :thumbup:

Thank you sir! The tudor--work was inspired by ZC, and the rest by your brother

On 25-1-2017 at 3:45 AM, Mpyromaxos said:

Very nice turret! i like the rockwork also! 

On 27-1-2017 at 0:49 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

A great overall build Titus!

Thanks guys!