Legostone

[ESL] 2F La Presta Canosa

After the disappointing traderuns for most Eslandolans over the last months, I have decided to let my shipyards employ many more shipbuilders to build up the Eslandolan Fleet. This one is the second one of many they have finished this past cycle. It is a speed-optimized sloop, ready to travel at excellent speeds and escape any pirate that it meets. It transports a bit of cargo as well. This 2F has been sold to @Elostirion
31863120691_b1835a1335.jpg
31863129011_8be214259f.jpg
31863123801_e1f9a99306.jpg
31606255590_f90dde5b53.jpg

Just now, Elostirion said:

@Legostone: Thank you. I have filled the license form. Will you submit the freebuild form?

Already done! Considering it is a freshly built ship that hasn't been licensed yet, I don't think there is much more to do besides the payment which has already taken place.

Excellent job, Legostone, I'm still really liking that color-scheme and those sails! :grin: :thumbup:  In fact, this is probably altogether my favorite of your new ships as far as design and color-scheme goes that I've seen so far!  I hope you won't mind the design being ruthlessly copied sometime in the (hopefully near) future! :laugh: :grin: (If I do I will tile the decks, though! :tongue:)

Very nice little ship Legostone, the grey and green go together well and the rigging looks good too! :thumbup: 

Nice one both regarding colors, rigging, oh, AND shape! :tongue: I would heve never thought of using those colors in a ship until I saw here how well they blend in...

Another fine ship from your shipyard! Good shape, color, rigging, ... figure posing too! :thumbup:

Two things about this build which I really like and want to point out. First is the use of a rubber band in place of lacing n the backstay. That's just a clever way to save effort and materials on a small, and likely not permanent, build. Good thinking. 

Also, the way you the tumblehome is clever. You only used hinges on the rear most section and have the gunwale suspended for a couple sections over tiles, so that the bricks make their own smooth transition. In general you've been showing some very clever techniques and I for one appreciate it.

This has a really nice shape. The colours are bold and daring and they work in the end. The green sails are a nice touch and they have a really excellent shape! My only nitpick is that the bowsprit seems to be bent.

It's good to see the small classes getting some love still, and this is a good example. I particularly like the efforts in the rigging. Those coloured sails work pretty well, and you've got most of the proper ropes in place, although your jib-boom looks like it could use an anchor point in the keel... ;)

I would also like to see some functioning sheets - right now, the ends (/sheets) of the headsails are hanging lose, as is the mainsail. "Haul the mainsheets, men!" "Ehrm... Captain? I can't seem to find it!" :P

As to the hull, I think it could use some more work. Of course, a lot of this is due to the small scale, but take it as a challenge! ;)

The green lines along the hull are a bit blocky(perhaps decreasing the distance between the lines a bit going towards the stern would help?), and the curve around the bow leaves some noticeable gaps.

All in all a pretty little sloop, though. Keep up the good work! (Also, Corrington would like to place an order for severs ships of any class! :P)

She looks really fast! I also like her colourscheme, the dark green works great (but that may be my Avalonian roots speaking :wink:)! Anyway, keep the amazing ships coming man!