Ellisss_2

[WIP] [UCS] Zeta-Class Cargo Shuttle

8 minutes ago, Cult_Of_Skaro said:

I have the same complaint with these wings that I have with the other model that's been made, the bottom of the plates shows in flight mode.

I meant that the wings seemed a little too short, not that the underside of the wings showed.

4 minutes ago, Cult_Of_Skaro said:

I wasn't responding to what you said, I was offering up my own criticism.

Ok, thanks for clarifying :)

@Cult_Of_Skaro I agree it is disappointing that the bottom of the plates show in flight mode. I was initially going to build the wings with solid bricks, but decided they would be too heavy to support.

@VaderFan2187 The wings are definitely too short, I have just realised after looking at some pictures. I will get it sorted don't worry! 

Kind regards, Ellis.

35 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

@VaderFan2187 The wings are definitely too short, I have just realised after looking at some pictures. I will get it sorted don't worry! 

Okay, glad to hear that :)

Ho for brick built wings. This scalle definitely gives you enough room for that, It will ultimately be better than plates, I'm sure. The underside is simply to prominent here.

Loved the ship in the movie and can't wait to see your model complete! Actually I am also planning to give this a shot.. Out of curiosity are you basing yours off this version:  

Spoiler

AN1-CA-000583.jpg

or this version:

Spoiler

kemp_remillard_01.jpg

Edited by RexExLiberi

@RexExLiberi My model is based on this version of the transport shuttle where the cargo bay is fixed.

Kind regards, Ellis.

Edited by Ellisss_2

3 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

@RexExLiberi Yes my model is based on this version of the transport shuttle.

Kind regards, Ellis.

I apologise maybe I have not made myself clear in my previous post, but the two images show completely different structures: 

The first one shows the that the cargo section (orange) is detachable and therefore separate from the interior of the ship, while the second image clearly show that the interior of the ship extends inside the cargo area meaning that the two images are incompatible... I was simply wondering which one of the two you were planning/have already followed with your model.

Just now, RexExLiberi said:

Oops sorry! Got it now thanks :blush:

No problem, which variant are you planning to base your MOC on?

3 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

No problem, which variant are you planning to base your MOC on?

To be honest I would love to stick to the first version, I really like the idea that the cargo can be dropped off, it makes much more sense to me this way as a design. On the other hand I would like to make it accurate and the first version just doesn't allow for the interior seen in the movie.. 

It's a tough call, I'll have to think about it.. that said, I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment.

Edited by RexExLiberi

Just now, RexExLiberi said:

To be honest I would love to stick to the first version, I really like the idea that the cargo can be dropped off, it makes much more sense to me this way as a design. On the other hand I would like to make it accurate and the first version just doesn't allow for the interior seen in the movie.. 

It's a tough call, I'll have to think about it.. that said, I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment.

Ok sounds good, I do like the detachable cargo bay. However like you said there are no interior pictures or scenes if the interior for that version.

Kind regards, Ellis.

I have started creating the mechanism to move the wings from flight mode to landing mode. Please bear in mind this is my first attempt at building a technic structure. The mechanism is taken from 10212 with small modifications.

Shuttle Mechanics v1

Look ok, @nerdsforprez?

Kind regards, Ellis.

Lol..... yes.  Good eye here.  Looks like it should work.  Funny.... I think 10212 is a template for how a lot of these newer ships can work.  I applied the mechanism, or at least much of the parts list from the 10212 to a WIP for a UCS-type Technic version of the U-Wing.  Here the mechanism is being applied, and much of the parts, from 10212 to this build, AND.... I have been thinking, if TLG wanted to do a UCS version of Krennic's Imperial shuttle I am sure it would be very close to the same parts list of the 10212...... just in black.  Would be an easy set for TLG to produce.  10212 is appearing more and more versatile as the Star Wars Series line continues on......

I have completed the wings, just the top deck to do now. These wings definitely suit the model better than the plated ones and they have a mechanism to move, win-win I guess. Hope you guys like them! They are stuck in this position unless I build the model with real bricks. LDD is such a pain for gears, I can't move them but they are taken straight out of TLG's 10212 so the mechanism should work. We're at 1857 bricks currently.

UCS Shuttle Technic Wings.

Kind regards, Ellis.

Edited by Ellisss_2