lpglego

[MOC] Imperial Cargo Shuttle Zeta-class SW 0608 "Rogue One"

There is no official LEGO set of this key spaceship (at least until today), so when I left the movie theater after watching the film, I decided to make my own version of the SW 0608 Zeta-class Shuttle "Rogue One" on a scale compatible with the use of minifigures.

The model has two decks: the cabin and the cargo deck, connected with a ladder. The cabin can be opened to comfortably place four minifigures. The cargo deck has an orange container for freight (in the movie the imperial cargo shuttle was used to transport the Kyber crystals), which can be removed to leave the shipment at the destination. The cargo deck has two ramp doors, one in the front and one in the rear, to disembark materials and personnel.

The four wings can be placed in flight position (tilted down and out) or fold in vertical position for take off and landing. In the flight mode the silhouette of the ship resembles a prehistoric sea reptile or a sea turtle, something that I find pretty cool.

Update: improved model, new pictures

Hi everybody and thank you for your comments. Based on your feedback, I made an improved version of the ship. Hope you like it:

blogger-image-668469137.jpg

blogger-image--431537301.jpg

blogger-image--700471656.jpg

blogger-image-503448552.jpg

blogger-image--362762769.jpg

blogger-image-593606654.jpg

Remember that this project is also posted at LEGO Ideas

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/162619

Pictures of the first version:

2788309-o_1b517ua5d1uao3e5cr11ukonpo-ful2788258-o_1b514b5ftqdni5k156o1lipk3k-ful2788235-o_1b51434341gdf15sc1446rqk17ii17

Hope you liked the model

Best Regards

Luis

Edited by lpglego
Improved model, new pictures

Very nice, I like that there's lots of space for minifigs. The greebling on top is great as well. Oh, and the crate looks grate. (get it? :laugh: I'm so unfunny..)

Just my opinion; I think the wings could be a bit larger/taller (just slightly) and the front wings pushed forward towards the cockpit a little more.

Still, wonderful build. :thumbup:

"What's your call sign?"  

"It's uh.. Rogue... Rogue one!" 

Edited by JDbricks

Nice, but isn't the ship more dark grey?

2 hours ago, JDbricks said:

Oh, and the crate looks grate. (get it? :laugh: I'm so unfunny..)

Ummm... okayyy...? :pir-laugh:

Beautiful! You have captured the shape of the shuttle well. I love how the crate is detachable. However, you should make the crate so you can store things inside, like kyber crystals or minifigs. After seeing this, I am thinking of producing a UCS variant myself. I have supported your model on Lego Ideas and wish you good luck!

Kind regards, Ellis.

22 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Beautiful! You have captured the shape of the shuttle well. I love how the crate is detachable. However, you should make the crate so you can store things inside, like kyber crystals or minifigs. After seeing this, I am thinking of producing a UCS variant myself. I have supported your model on Lego Ideas and wish you good luck!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Thinking of... or began now? :wink:

Love it :wub:

I have always loved cargo/transport ship in Star Wars, This one with the transport variant of the Tie Striker (someone knows its name ?) are pretty cool.
And I agree with JDbricks, perhaps the wings should be bigger

Good job. I wondered when one of this will hit the MOCing scene. I've only watched the movie once, but i think the whole ship should be a bit longer - I remember more space between the two wing pairs... But nonetheless, great job! I guess/hope we can expect an official Rogue1 set as well.

This is the first Zeta-class shuttle MOC I see, and I'm not disappointed. The cockpit could be more accurate, but if your intention was to fit 4 minifigures, that's ok. If ever Lego releaes an official Zeta model, it wouldn't be very different from your own.

Great job !

I have high hopes for the lego set on this ship. Your rendition is cool, especially given it's the first proper model to the date (to my knowledge). I like the hull, especially the cockpit. Not the biggest fan of the foils - the underside of the plates seem to exposed there.

But all in all, great MOC, really great.

I like this a lot. I can say for sure this model is probably better than one that TLG would make. Why they didn't make the set of Rogue One shuttle, I don't know. I am sure an official LEGO one would only have one seat in the cockpit, right in the middle with a steering wheel and a coffee mug.

4 hours ago, Only Sinner said:

I like this a lot. I can say for sure this model is probably better than one that TLG would make. Why they didn't make the set of Rogue One shuttle, I don't know. I am sure an official LEGO one would only have one seat in the cockpit, right in the middle with a steering wheel and a coffee mug.

Nah not a steering wheel, a printed or stickered slope as controls. But their model would be dark grey, which would look better imo.

Really like the system-scale feel this has. If someone said to name the most prominent ships from rogue one this would defiantly be there so I'm surprised Lego haven't at least announced they're making set of this, seems like a no-brainer to me. Anyway with models like this who needs an official set? I think it would be better in Dark grey but others have pointed that out already so I wont dwell on that. I just love those teeny tiny feet it has, and the fact they vaguely look like little legs make it even better IMO :D All in all a great build of a badly needed ship in Lego from!

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:36 PM, Ellisss_2 said:

Thought you might want to see this :laugh:9198K5p8QaL.jpg 

Apologies for double posting (and about something not totally related to the original model no less) but I'm curious as to where you found this excellent reference pic. I know it comes form the visual dictionary (which I have a hard copy of) but I haven't  been able to find a digital version anywhere.

Love your model, it looks great and matches the design of the one in the film really well..

After seeing  Rogue One, I excitedly went to Lego's website to go and buy the set for this... to discover there wasn't one. Odd as it's got such a unique design.

Just now, tomacwhite said:

Love your model, it looks great and matches the design of the one in the film really well..

After seeing  Rogue One, I excitedly went to Lego's website to go and buy the set for this... to discover there wasn't one. Odd as it's got such a unique design.

Yeah, maybe they're working on one!

On 29/12/2016 at 9:51 PM, JDbricks said:

Very nice, I like that there's lots of space for minifigs. The greebling on top is great as well. Oh, and the crate looks grate. (get it? :laugh: I'm so unfunny..)

Just my opinion; I think the wings could be a bit larger/taller (just slightly) and the front wings pushed forward towards the cockpit a little more.

Still, wonderful build. :thumbup:

"What's your call sign?"  

"It's uh.. Rogue... Rogue one!" 

Thank you very much for your feedback. I posted new pictures with the wings modified. Hope you like it

On 30/12/2016 at 9:44 AM, Ellisss_2 said:

Kind regards, Ellis.

Thank you very much!

Wow, a big improvement over your first model. Congratulations! Now I just have to do the same to mine.

Kind regards, Ellis.

23 hours ago, Inthert said:

Really like the system-scale feel this has. If someone said to name the most prominent ships from rogue one this would defiantly be there so I'm surprised Lego haven't at least announced they're making set of this, seems like a no-brainer to me. Anyway with models like this who needs an official set? I think it would be better in Dark grey but others have pointed that out already so I wont dwell on that. I just love those teeny tiny feet it has, and the fact they vaguely look like little legs make it even better IMO :D All in all a great build of a badly needed ship in Lego from!

Apologies for double posting (and about something not totally related to the original model no less) but I'm curious as to where you found this excellent reference pic. I know it comes form the visual dictionary (which I have a hard copy of) but I haven't  been able to find a digital version anywhere.

Thank you very much. Based in the feedback that I received, I made a new model and posted some new pictures of the improved model. Hope you like it.

On 31/12/2016 at 1:05 PM, krisandkris12 said:

I have high hopes for the lego set on this ship. Your rendition is cool, especially given it's the first proper model to the date (to my knowledge). I like the hull, especially the cockpit. Not the biggest fan of the foils - the underside of the plates seem to exposed there.

But all in all, great MOC, really great.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I covered the foils in the improved model that I posted a few minutes ago. Also the wings are longer, and I did minor changes in the cockpit. Hope you like the modified model.

blogger-image-668469137.jpg

blogger-image--431537301.jpg

Regards

Luis

Edited by lpglego
typo

1 minute ago, RetroInferno said:

I'd take an official set of this vehicle over an AT-ACT any time. 

Same. Much more prominent.

On 31/12/2016 at 3:42 PM, benderisgreat said:

This Cargo Shuttle looks great! Can you say how many pieces it took to build it?

I don't have the exact count, but I think that the model has around 1500 pcs

Edited by lpglego
typo