fastbjorn

Lego Station MOC

Here some photo's of my Lego Station MOC. Do you like it?

It has about 12000 pieces, and its 3 baseplates wide and 4 long. The first two floors do have an interior. The station is not based on a real building.

The instructions are also for sale on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/152374747648?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

LS 1

Lego station complete.lxfLego station Part 1.lxfLego station Part 2.lxfinstr part 1.2.1_087

Edited by fastbjorn

Impressive build! Looks very realistic. The usage of curved train tracks for a curved roof above train tracks is funny and ingenious at the same time. :D

The track idea is brilliant, very nice!

I like how the station architecture isn't 'busy', not a ton of random bricks to break up the walls, but enough to make it look elegant yet simple.   It's beautiful. I never get sick of train station MOCs. 

Beautiful design!

When a train station is built where the train has to back out, its actually called a Terminal though.

Very impressive and beautiful. I had to look twice to identify the nature of the arches - clever idea! Also not to forget to lovely, classical-looking front of the building: that alone would be already sufficient for a great MOC!

5 hours ago, ncx said:

Beautiful design!

When a train station is built where the train has to back out, its actually called a Terminal though.

Haha thanks I didn't know!

Stunning!  Love the variation of colour and details in the three floors of the facade. 

On 31-12-2016 at 3:23 AM, gabrielerava said:

Very clever. Can you add some photos?

Here is a link to my flickr album with some more photos: https://www.flickr.com/gp/145298396@N08/daC2Xn

You can also find my moc at rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/fastbjorn/lego-station

When you are interested in buying the instructions also a link to ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/152374747648?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Edited by fastbjorn

Wonderful station! It looks so realistic!

It requires no imagination seeing the 10194 Emerald Night train waiting for departure in you station!

Do you plan to build it in real bricks? It would be nice to see it populated with minifigures.

Yes I'm gathering the bricks at the moment.

I'm having half of the brick right now.

I also made PDF instructions to build it easily.

That looks great, very clever design.
The façade and the entrance look terrific. Would love to see it built.
Also interested in the interior.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Edited by Withacee

Very impressiv built!

What can we expect from you as a second MOC? Can you top the first one? :wink:

Looking forward to see it in real bricks. Thank you for sharing.

I don't mean to sound too harsh or critical, since this really is lovely, but I think you're missing a few things...

Since it's a terminal station, there needs to be a room full of lockers (at least 30-50) for the employees (this should also function as a change room, and you could put a table in there as well as a few chairs and maybe a mirror or two). You could put this on the top floor and include a union/ administration office, but the employees may not be too happy dragging their suitcases up two flights of stairs every time they have to go to work.

There also needs to be a place for passenger luggage to be dropped off so it can be loaded onto carts and brought to the trains. Usually this is at the back of the building, and if the station is big enough there might be a separate room for sorting out and loading the luggage similar to what you'd have at an airport.

These are just my thoughts, do what you want (: