DarthPineapple

[MOC] TX-225 GAVw "Occupier"

Great! I was really disappointed when I saw there is no hovering there in thr actual tank . Tracked tank is so much cooler, even for SW universe and you did a great job here! I wish the official set was anywhere near to yours. I think Disney "forgot" to mention that there are tracks to TLG designers.

Congratulations again!

1 hour ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Great! I was really disappointed when I saw there is no hovering there in thr actual tank . Tracked tank is so much cooler, even for SW universe and you did a great job here! I wish the official set was anywhere near to yours. I think Disney "forgot" to mention that there are tracks to TLG designers.

Congratulations again!

Well, it initially started as a hovertank. And they changed it later. It is canon that there is a hover variant but there are mines that specifically target hover vehicles. Tracks also increase stability when transporting precious cargo.

On 1/1/2017 at 4:57 AM, Calanon said:

Well, it initially started as a hovertank. And they changed it later. It is canon that there is a hover variant but there are mines that specifically target hover vehicles. Tracks also increase stability when transporting precious cargo.

Nice helpful bit of trivia :classic:

33508769143_d9483d85cf_c.jpg

Finished the real build recently! I had it set up at an event yesterday and took this picture.

Edited by DarthPineapple

Hi ! @DarthPineapple

After buying your LDD file, my model is near to be finished. I went with a repulsor GAVr version to heavily reduce the part count, make it a little bit more sturdy and I also get rid of all the illegal techniques. The exterior aspect is nearly the same, but the interior structure is completly rebuilt.

But I have an issue : the gunner don't have enough space to fit in the tank. Looks ike you have the same problem as the front slope of your brickbuild model seems higher than on the render. Am I right ?

Ramses25

Great job! I just saw this now because of Ramses' post. I didn't think it was even possible to incorporate the treads. How many pieces does it have?

On 2-7-2017 at 11:45 AM, Ramses25 said:

Hi ! @DarthPineapple

After buying your LDD file, my model is near to be finished. I went with a repulsor GAVr version to heavily reduce the part count, make it a little bit more sturdy and I also get rid of all the illegal techniques. The exterior aspect is nearly the same, but the interior structure is completly rebuilt.

But I have an issue : the gunner don't have enough space to fit in the tank. Looks ike you have the same problem as the front slope of your brickbuild model seems higher than on the render. Am I right ?

Ramses25

I indeed noticed the same issue when I built my model. The LDD file was designed using a regular stormtrooper as crew, as the correct headgear is not available in LDD. Turns out that it causes problems with the driver and gunner and the front plate is pushed upwards a bit indeed. However, removing the headpiece from the figure will make it all fit. The commander can still fit inside with his headpiece. :) Looking forward to see your version!

On 3-7-2017 at 5:23 PM, DarthHank said:

Great job! I just saw this now because of Ramses' post. I didn't think it was even possible to incorporate the treads. How many pieces does it have?

A little under 1000 pieces total, including the three crates.

@DarthPineapple   Great Moc just bought the Hover tank and would love to modify it up to a standard like this. Awesome!! is there any chance i can get a copy of your Build Instructions?

Edited by Stormzie1973