DarthPineapple

[MOC] TX-225 GAVw "Occupier"

I'm sure everyone remembers the Imperial tank which had some screentime during the ambush on Jedha in Rogue One.

The TX-225 GAVw (Groud Assault Vehicle, wheeled) "Occupier" is a tracked vehicle produced by Rothana Heavy Engineering, used by Imperial forces as a patrol and transport vehicle. It has a crew of three (Commander, driver and gunner/technician) and armed with six Dymek MK 2e/w laser cannons, two pairs in the rotating turrets on the sides and one pair fixed in the front.

I originally wanted to slightly modify the official Lego set but when I saw a close-up of the tracks during the movie I was really excited as a tracked SW vehicle combines both my interests, Star Wars and WWII-era armored fighting vehicles. With the availability of some detailed images and a cutaway (really useful!) from the new Rogue One visual dictionary I then decided for a complete rebuild instead - with a three man crew and all details included such as an accurate interior and opening hatches. The actual tank used in the movie was based on an Alvis Stormer flatbed, of which the only major modification was the addition of side panels covering the tracks. Photos of this AFV were also really useful as an addition to the reference material.

33508769143_d9483d85cf_c.jpg

31927044186_5a29301308_c.jpg

31816080932_b4b6616279_c.jpg

31816081062_fd06700d47_c.jpg

31816081202_0729a3e9af_c.jpg

Edited by DarthPineapple

Looks very good ! Far better than the official set (which stills good).
I love how you rendered the armored plates on each side.

Is it minifig scale ?

Looks very good! I really like how you did the top hatch. I would suggest moving the clip to the left of the tank as this would be more accurate. Can it fully fit all three crew members?

Many thanks!

Just now, Calanon said:

Looks very good! I really like how you did the top hatch. I would suggest moving the clip to the left of the tank as this would be more accurate. Can it fully fit all three crew members?

The clip you see holds the cupola ring, the actual hatch then connects to the cupola ring and opens to the left. Yep three figures can sit inside.

1 hour ago, legoSWfan said:

Is it minifig scale ?

Yep, it's a few studs longer than the official model but the same width.

:wub:Wow! That is one handsome tank, looks very menacing. Love the way you incorporated the treads.

Great work! :thumbup:

This looks great. I had been thinking of making my own version of this in LDD and this definitely make me want to get started on mine right away. 

That is really nice. Great build aesthetic and the crates look super. Just well done overall, interior is a great bonus as well.

Wow ! You're rendition of this tank looks very nice ! I can see in this build that you are a WW2 vehicule lover (as I am ;) ) This imperial tank is very inspired by WW2 German StuG series :)

Ramses25

Edited by Ramses25

52 minutes ago, Ramses25 said:

Wow ! You're rendition of this tank looks very nice ! I can see in this build that you are a WW2 vehicule lover (as I am ;) ) This imperial tank is very inspired by WW2 German StuG series :)

Ramses25

But perhaps even more inspired by the British Alvis Stormer. ;)

They're pretty similar, no? ;)

1 hour ago, Ramses25 said:

Ramses25

Thanks! :)

54 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Alvis CVRT Stormer Tracked armoured load carrier with flat bed platform. FOR SALE

This?

Yeah, they used that to make the Occupier for the film. It would probably be fairly simple to DarthPineapple's moc to make this.

Wow, this is awesome! I am disappointed in myself for buying TLG's version now. I love the orange crates and the greebling to the drivers cockpit!

Damn! This thing is from hell. This tank is one of my favorites in Star Wars and you did a great job. The details are amazing!

Thanks for the replies!

3 hours ago, Calanon said:

Yeah, they used that to make the Occupier for the film. It would probably be fairly simple to DarthPineapple's moc to make this.

Indeed, as you can see they only added the side panels to the vehicle!

Your experience building tanks clearly shows here.  Incredibly well done. I like the subtle details of the side armor plating.