Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest#155: The Grunch Who Stole Grogmas

28 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

31091760633_a7f36156e3_t.jpg
"Of course good sir, please though don't upset her."

The little girl tugs at her mother's sleeve.

31091762613_8c79d98894_t.jpg
"Mother, do they want to know about the greenie? He was a big ol' brute. Took my unicorn!"

Thalion drinks a remedy and another grand tonic.

He looks at the woman and child in front of the party and speaks to the woman, "Do not worry madam, we will try our best."

He turns to look at the girl and asks, using diplomacy, "Yes sweetie, we would like to know everything you can tell us about the greenie..."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Of course good sir, please though don't upset her."

The little girl tugs at her mother's sleeve.

"Mother, do they want to know about the greenie? He was a big ol' brute. Took my unicorn!"

Vindsval Kneels and bows his head low in front o the child.

I am so sorry to hear that young one.  No one should lose their unicorn.  They are so beautiful. 

He smiles at the little girl and digs around in one of his travelling pouches.  His eyes crinkle with delight as he finds what he is looking for, a small red stone, striped though with sparkling clear crystals, a fragment of a long forgotten statue in a far off temple.  He holds it out to her.

It isnt as nice as your unicorn, but you can have it if you want.  No one should be sad on Grogmas.

As Vindsval presses forward, I fall back, wondering how the girl will take to another 'greeny' and wondering if that will be exactly what 'upsets' her. As the questioning begins, I decide to hold my peace so as to not make the girl feel that she is under assault.

Matthias approaches the man - presumably the girl's father - sitting in the back of the room. "Happy Grogmas and peace to this house, good sir. I wonder if you could tell me anything about the theft of the unicorn - where it was when it was stolen, how it was secured, how the thief got to it...?"

On 1/25/2017 at 10:25 PM, -obelix- said:

Thalion drinks a remedy and another grand tonic.

He looks at the woman and child in front of the party and speaks to the woman, "Do not worry madam, we will try our best."

He turns to look at the girl and asks, using diplomacy, "Yes sweetie, we would like to know everything you can tell us about the greenie..."

"I saw him a couple nights ago. I was laying asleep in bed when I heard some rustling downstairs. I tiptoed down the stairs and there he was, stuffing my unicorn into a big ol' sack. I followed him outside and saw him head west to the mountains."

21 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval Kneels and bows his head low in front o the child.

I am so sorry to hear that young one.  No one should lose their unicorn.  They are so beautiful. 

He smiles at the little girl and digs around in one of his travelling pouches.  His eyes crinkle with delight as he finds what he is looking for, a small red stone, striped though with sparkling clear crystals, a fragment of a long forgotten statue in a far off temple.  He holds it out to her.

It isnt as nice as your unicorn, but you can have it if you want.  No one should be sad on Grogmas.

Little Lindy ducked out from behind her mother's dress.

"Gee, thanks mister! I'll add it to my other presents. They're not as neat as my Unicorn, but they're better than nothing."

6 hours ago, StickFig said:

Matthias approaches the man - presumably the girl's father - sitting in the back of the room. "Happy Grogmas and peace to this house, good sir. I wonder if you could tell me anything about the theft of the unicorn - where it was when it was stolen, how it was secured, how the thief got to it...?"

31060882984_1835867218_t.jpg
"Don't know, Lindy probably just lost it. She's probably just trying to get attention. The rest of her toys are over there..." Lindy's father points toward the fireplace.

31829311651_b50d438a54_c.jpg

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I saw him a couple nights ago. I was laying asleep in bed when I heard some rustling downstairs. I tiptoed down the stairs and there he was, stuffing my unicorn into a big ol' sack. I followed him outside and saw him head west to the mountains."

"Ok. Can you tell me about your unicorn? Was it special somehow? And did you do anything else after you followed the green man outside?"

Matthias examines the chimney - doing his best to look up the flue without burning himself - and the remaining presents. "Does she often act out to get attention? It seems that at least a few people in the community are taking her seriously this time."

I bend low.
"Lindy, as we talk about your unicorn, would you mind if you show us some of your other Grogmas presents?"

Vindsval Smiles again as the child darts off with her stone.

You have wonderful treasures young one.  I can see why the Greeny wanted to take them.  But that was very bad of him.  We are here to find him and get everyone's Grogmas Treasures back.  Thank you for talking to us.

12 hours ago, -obelix- said:

"Ok. Can you tell me about your unicorn? Was it special somehow? And did you do anything else after you followed the green man outside?"

"Well it showed up out of nowhere! And when you wound it up it would run in a circle!" Lindy pauses a moment to think, "After I saw him heading for the mountain I came back inside because it was cold, but there were these big shadow I saw that was following him."

11 hours ago, StickFig said:

Matthias examines the chimney - doing his best to look up the flue without burning himself - and the remaining presents. "Does she often act out to get attention? It seems that at least a few people in the community are taking her seriously this time."

Matthias notice a lot of soot in the chimney and figures a person his size could probably squeeze through the flue, but just barely. The remaining presents are wrapped and seemed to be labeled from Lindy's mother and father.

31060882984_1835867218_t.jpg
"Well no, but you know how children can be... besides there's all this business of magical presents appearing, showing everybody up. My wife and I put a good amount of thought into those presents, but all the little tikes are in awe of all these mechanical trinkets."

7 hours ago, Palathadric said:

I bend low.
"Lindy, as we talk about your unicorn, would you mind if you show us some of your other Grogmas presents?"

"Ooo yes, I've got a turtle, watch he'll stick his head in his shell! Oh and the song bird will sing every hour! Oh and these little soldiers will march in place if you wind them up! They're such magical presents and they all just appeared! But why did he take my Unicorn?"

The little girl demonstrates each of the wind-up toys, before sitting down and sniffling over her lost toy.

4 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval Smiles again as the child darts off with her stone.

You have wonderful treasures young one.  I can see why the Greeny wanted to take them.  But that was very bad of him.  We are here to find him and get everyone's Grogmas Treasures back.  Thank you for talking to us.

Lindy smiles at the Paladin.

"Oh OK. You're nice people."

I turn to Leseig.
"Presents have gone missing all around town. Am I right? Were any stolen since the night the thief was seen?"

Thalion smiles at Lindy, "Thank you sweetie, that is all I need to know. And do not worry, we shall do our best to find the green man and get you your unicorn back, and all the other presents too."

He turns and walks over to the other heroes, "I think we should go in the direction the girl said she saw that green man and see if we can find anything."

Matthias moves back from the fireplace and addresses the party. "Anyone else think it's strange that the presents just appeared, or that it's only the ones that just appeared that seem to be disappearing, or that the appearing and disappearing ones happen to be mechanimagical?"

Realizing something he's just said, he addresses the parents. "Is it normal and expected for some presents to just appear out of nowhere?"

16 hours ago, Palathadric said:

I turn to Leseig.
"Presents have gone missing all around town. Am I right? Were any stolen since the night the thief was seen?"

31091758483_4fde9bc04b_t.jpg
"That's right, I'm not aware of any being stolen since then."

5 hours ago, StickFig said:

Matthias moves back from the fireplace and addresses the party. "Anyone else think it's strange that the presents just appeared, or that it's only the ones that just appeared that seem to be disappearing, or that the appearing and disappearing ones happen to be mechanimagical?"

Realizing something he's just said, he addresses the parents. "Is it normal and expected for some presents to just appear out of nowhere?"

"Not at all. But all the houses have had them and no one seems to know who's giving them. But the children adore them and they are some of the finest handiwork we've ever seen. Someone truly is embodying the spirit of old Grog the Red."

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Not at all. But all the houses have had them and no one seems to know who's giving them. But the children adore them and they are some of the finest handiwork we've ever seen. Someone truly is embodying the spirit of old Grog the Red."

"Interesting. Thank you for your help." Matthias looks to his comrades, not certain of what they should do next. "It seems that following the green man's trail is the only lead we have."

"Forgive me if I'm thick, but is my...partner correct when he says that all of the gifts that appeared from nowhere were stolen, or are some of these gifts here also ones that just appeared magically? And all were stolen on that one night and none before, correct?"

6 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Forgive me if I'm thick, but is my...partner correct when he says that all of the gifts that appeared from nowhere were stolen, or are some of these gifts here also ones that just appeared magically? And all were stolen on that one night and none before, correct?"

"Not all of them have been stolen, the intruder doesn't seem to have a method as of yet, but he has struck several times. Lindy here just happens to have been the only one who saw him up close."

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Not all of them have been stolen, the intruder doesn't seem to have a method as of yet, but he has struck several times. Lindy here just happens to have been the only one who saw him up close."

"Whatever the case may be, I think we should follow Lindy's instructions and head out to search for him before any more thefts occur."

Lindy smiles at the Paladin.

"Oh OK. You're nice people."

I try to be My Dear, I try to be.  But I think we need to leave now to find the big Greeny and his Shadow.  Promise to stay here with your Mother and Father, safe and warm, until we can find your Unicorn.

Vindsval turns to his companions, and speaks softly.

We have a direction, I say we follow it.  Though the mention of the giant shadow makes me wonder if there is not even more than we are lead to believe.

I would like to visit one of the children who has had a present appear that has not been stolen.  We might determine where these presents come from and even set a trap for the thief.

1 hour ago, Chromeknight said:

I would like to visit one of the children who has had a present appear that has not been stolen.  We might determine where these presents come from and even set a trap for the thief.

"Pretty much every house in town has had presents show up."

At this point Lindy hands a piece of parchment to Vindsval.

"Here I drew a picture of the greenie."

32493941911_304c1b829e_n.jpg

Though he only sees a fleeting glimpse of the sketch before it passes above his eye level into Half-Born's grasp, Matthias is impressed at the girl's artistic skill. "Perhaps we ought to show that around town as well."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Here I drew a picture of the greenie."

32493941911_304c1b829e_n.jpg

Thank you Lindy, this will be very helpful.

Edited by Asphalt

"Hey, he looks like you." I cough almost unintelligibly.

"Gentlemen, if you'll excuse us, it's getting a little late and almost past Lindy's bedtime."

"Well heroes, off into the night or do you have other plans?"