Part 4 - Winning the people
Part 5 - The Candidate
Part 6 - The Safe Harbour Plan
Part 7 - Beyond
Part 8 - The Launching
Part 9 - Denied
Part 10 - Admius Legistrad

31477413720_241c410a39_z.jpg

"We really need to sharpen our diplomatic relationships", Román Fontonajo told the crowd, standing around him at the quays of
Pontelli, two hours after his big speech.
"What do you mean by that, governor Fontonajo?", a merchant asked him.
"Are Corrington or Oleon our friends, our allies? Or just neighbours who we happen to have some singular good relations with?
Is Mardier really our enemy, are we really at war with them? The fact that you don't know the answers any better than I do, at
least I assume - and who could blame any of us? - is proof enough that our relationships aren't clear enough."

"And how do you plan on changing that, governor?"
"Talking, much talking. With them, I mean. Paired with mutual understanding. And mutual benefit. No agreement will work that
only brings benefit to one of the parties, and only harm to the other. There always has to be something in it for both sides. And
then we need to maintain it all in written words, a treaty. We should have many of those, clearly stating what all involved parties
will do in the future."
, Román explained.
"Any example?", a guy from the crowd asked.
"Sure. I can imagine some of the trading nations - like us, Oleon, Corrington, Garvey - agreeing on a treaty that we will always
leave our ports open to each other. It's not so much about changing things, more about solidifying the current status. Like I said:
Sharpen it."

A wealthy cloth merchant, who had long business relations with Fontonajo, took the word: "Román, earlier in your inspiring speech
you told us that you intend to make the seas safer again, especially in regards to pirates taking our trading ships. As you know I
have only recently lost two of my trading ships, so I am more than curious, my friend, to hear your ideas on how to handle the
pirates. Another Purge maybe?"

Román didn't need any time for consideration, but had his answer ready: "The Purge was a great initiative, and I think may well
be continued. But there sure have to be other options as well. When I think about the Sea Rats for example - anarchistic though
they often are - most of them are far from being pirates. Some have been both your and my trading partners for many years.
Others have helped us against Mardier. Many just look for profit, and due to lack of their own trading goods try to profit from
other people's goods, like ours. Why not just offer them better profit? Many of them are fierce warriors at sea - why shouldn't
we hire them to protect our convoys? Give it a moment of thought."

31733670141_013056bb50_z.jpg

Román turned his head and continued watching the launching of the "Colonia", one of the fastest ships that have been built in
the new world so far. She was a true beauty. His true beauty. His fast beauty.
"Governor?", one of the men around him interrupted his thoughts. "Where do you plan to take the Colonia for her maiden voyage
and continue your campaign?"

"Elysabethtown. And then to Salida Este on Ferro Azure.", Román told the people, making one of the most fatal mistakes of his life.
Because little did he know that not all ears who listened to him were friendly.

Edited by Elostirion

16 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

Román turned his head and continued watching the launching of the "Colonia", one of the fastest ships that have been built in
the new world so far. She was a true beauty. His true beauty. His fast beauty.
"Governor?", one of the men around him interrupted his thoughts. "Where do you plan to take the Colonia for her maiden voyage
and continue your campaign?"

"Elysabethtown. And then to Salida Este on Ferro Azure.", Román told the people, making one of the most fatal mistakes of his life.
Because little did he know that not all ears who listened to him were friendly.

Ooh! Intrigue! Now I'm really curious to see where this goes.

As for the build, nice microbuild of the ship launch! Although if those are meant to be onlookers on the dock, they're a bit out of scale with the ship. Nonetheless, a creative build! :thumbup:

Exciting. Like Capt. Wolf said, I can't wait to see where this story goes.:moar:

The ship and launch are well built. The waves and ship are also nicely done (though I believe the main mast is typically the tallest). My only criticism would be that the people are too big compared to the ship.