For my final post of this year, I am proud to introduce the Range Rover Evoque with air ride.
Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions in my WIP thread to create a better SUV.
The car was too black so I added white, it was too low so I raised it a stud and the hood wasn't
slanted enough so I re-created the front of the vehicle. I reduced the weight to 6.3 pounds (2850g) This car has  4wd, air ride, torsion bar suspension, 2 XL motors for drive, 2 m motors for lift, V8, servo for steering, gear shifter turns on the lights. The car is finally to a perfect scale. The hard parts of this build was the air ride, torsion bar and having the doors start low at the front and higher at the back. I bought a pair of custom chrome exhaust pipes for this built.

flickrhttps://flickr.com/photos/139930963@N04/sets/72157676733470861

MOC-Pages:  http://moc-pages.com/moc.php/435565 

Instructions:  https://goo.gl/photos/KLwkEfTt2LzsRMkG8 

Inspiration: 

31085351644_e6ce3af8fb_o.jpgInspiration by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Below is the car in comparison to the 42052 helicopter set :pir-sweet:

31886396706_9524c43257_b.jpgAir ride Range Rover Evoque by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Back end was super difficult:

31776066102_3746568b25_b.jpgAir ride Range Rover Evoque by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Everything opens:

31083629624_5f5b689fef_b.jpgAir ride Range Rover Evoque by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Front View:

31923419655_3d26c3348b_b.jpgAir ride Range Rover Evoque by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

I'm ready to take my helicopter to work...

31114337813_b81591022d_b.jpgAir ride Range Rover Evoque by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31083623184_b4b0486647_b.jpgAir ride Range Rover Evoque by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

underside shot:

31886397156_81a7580949_b.jpgAir ride Range Rover Evoque by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Side view:

31550364640_3fca7041ef_b.jpgAir ride Range Rover Evoque by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31888042556_f795d563e1_b.jpgInterior by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Framework video:

Edited by Lox Lego

Very nice build! In fact, I'd go as far as saying that it's better looking than the real car (OK, I find the real car rather ugly). Just one problem: Why is there a Porsche badge on the steering wheel :laugh:?

17 hours ago, mistakecargo said:

My jaw just permanantly dropped. Fantastic scale & line. I'll wait for instructions

Thanks! I do believe I will be doing full photo instructions for this vehicle. I will also be making another small video showcasing the functions.

Edited by Lox Lego

Nice build, thanks for sharing! I like the color scheme and angled body lines very much :thumbup:! Although this was probably not your biggest challenge so far, you could have implemented some interesting AWD mode in this vehicle. The air ride function is neat though. What are those chromed exhaust pipes - same parts as in your Hennessey?

Wow! That is awesome. :thumbup: Great functions, but, IMO, change the XL gearing to knob wheels for 1:1 ratio. It would probably improve the driving capabilities. But overall, this is one of the best models I've seen. Can't wait for the instructions!

On 2016-12-30 at 6:47 AM, brunojj1 said:

Nice build, thanks for sharing! I like the color scheme and angled body lines very much :thumbup:! Although this was probably not your biggest challenge so far, you could have implemented some interesting AWD mode in this vehicle. The air ride function is neat though. What are those chromed exhaust pipes - same parts as in your Hennessey?

Hi Bruno, 

thanks and yes, it's the same part as the Hennessey and it turns out I bought the only chrome version on bricklink!!

20 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Wow! That is awesome. :thumbup: Great functions, but, IMO, change the XL gearing to knob wheels for 1:1 ratio. It would probably improve the driving capabilities. But overall, this is one of the best models I've seen. Can't wait for the instructions!

Thanks, 

Regarding the driving capability, it was the Lego IR receivers that were out of range when I was trying to film and drive for the edit. You will see in my next functions video how well it drives :blush:

Edited by Lox Lego

7 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Regarding the driving capability, it was the Lego IR receivers that were out of range when I was trying to film and drive for the edit.

Ah, yes. I hate that. Try it with an S-Brick. But if you don't have one, it does help if you try to film on a cloudy day. Or in the shade. I will hopefully buy an S-Brick when (if ever :sceptic:) I get the funds.

On 12/31/2016 at 5:58 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Ah, yes. I hate that. Try it with an S-Brick. But if you don't have one, it does help if you try to film on a cloudy day. Or in the shade. I will hopefully buy an S-Brick when (if ever :sceptic:) I get the funds.

So I blew up my IR receiver trying to film this edit. I knew it was toast when it started to smell like burning. *huh*

I had to get my Bro's Sbrick to make this a proper edit! I HAVE to purchase an S-brick. 

Anyway, I tried to show a variety of driving tests with this 4wd air ride SUV. Enjoy!

31228045954_297637e490_b.jpg

Edited by Lox Lego

It would have been nice if your hood could have had the same downward curve of the real one...but overall NICE WORK! It is very recognizable and I lover the front headlights. One thing though, I am just a bit bothered by the lift-arm over the engine- you made such a nice engine you should show it off in its entirety! 

-Myers 

On 1/3/2017 at 2:20 PM, Myers Lego Technic said:

It would have been nice if your hood could have had the same downward curve of the real one...but overall NICE WORK! It is very recognizable and I lover the front headlights. One thing though, I am just a bit bothered by the lift-arm over the engine- you made such a nice engine you should show it off in its entirety! 

-Myers 

In regards to the lift arm over the engine, I really needed that for strength. It was too flimsy without it.

22 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

You burned out the IR receiver?! *huh* What were you doing?! Let us know, so we don't make the same mistake. :laugh::wink: But cool functions.

I think I placed a battery in the battery pack backwards :laugh:

6 hours ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

AHh, I see. Still a shame though...:look:

Ok, I must admit you are right about the lift arm over the engine. It functions just fine without it. Thanks! 

31737656310_0c3441babe_b.jpgV8 engine by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

The beginning of the tear down:

31272599484_a9f73e8365_b.jpgTear down photos by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31272599504_5ec8c1bdb8_b.jpgTear down photos by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31995722481_b358ecdd16_b.jpgTear down photos by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31965541022_6937f0b945_b.jpgUntitled by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

I just noticed this the other day on youtube and I'm sorry that I missed this. Looks fantastic and of course thanks for the photo build!! I will give this a shot and report back...part count is rather large!!! but that is what I like!!