parsom

Winter Village: Gasthaus (Moving Nativity Scene)

Hi,

This building is stuffed with power functions and lights, so please take a look at more pictures and movies on my flickr.

Short movie: see here.

More detailed shots (but poorer quality - I have some problems with camera): see here.

31113519503_c3739e0cd6_z.jpg

31549664680_c4ee802e2b_z.jpg

31817060691_e8f7925516_z.jpg

31885651006_dd1fc76640_z.jpg

31922594315_501d493f21_z.jpg

I was inspired by special kind of nativity scenes called "Kraków szopka" (see here). However final result looks rather like "Gasthaus".

I should mention that all elements are powered by one Lego motor. And they could be driven manually by one crank.

And this is my first creation where Lego Technic parts (gears etc.) are doing their proper work (they are not used just for decorations).

Edited by parsom

Very nice work - Tons of views but no comments? This is a very smart design and detailed build, I wish you all the best in this years compo :)

This looks great!  I particularly like the way Gizmo's balcony is done, though I'm curious what Gizmo's role is.

On 31.12.2016 at 5:17 AM, stebai said:

Very nice work - Tons of views but no comments? This is a very smart design and detailed build, I wish you all the best in this years compo :)

Thanks! I started to worry that nobody likes it.

According to flickr statistic only about 10% people visiting this post have seen the movie showing how it moves. Maybe I should post some warning that it is a moving toy.

On 31.12.2016 at 10:23 AM, Kristel said:

This looks great!  I particularly like the way Gizmo's balcony is done, though I'm curious what Gizmo's role is.

Well, I was looking for some Christmas-themed figs. And "Gremlins" is some kind of Christmas movie. There are more figs on this balcony.

Edited by parsom

I have removed the first picture as it is in violation of this rule:

Photos of your creation can be manipulated with Photoshop for levels, proportions and color correction but may not include graphic enhancements.

Please remove the text from that image and re–post it if you prefer that image to be in the contest.

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I have removed the first picture as it is in violation of this rule:

Please remove the text from that image and re–post it if you prefer that image to be in the contest.

OK, done. I've added an embedded link to Youtube. Please let me know if it isn't allowed.

This thing is just awesome. I remember my Grandma having a weather station on the balkony with had moving stuff like this. Big thumbs up for this original Idea :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Capparezza said:

This thing is just awesome. I remember my Grandma having a weather station on the balkony with had moving stuff like this. Big thumbs up for this original Idea :thumbup:

Thanks! You brought back my memories. My parents were having this kind of weather station and I completely forgot about it.

Wow, that is a very original idea!
I love the overall look, and the animated scenes are terrific.

Best of luck in the contest, and keep it up!

On 16.01.2017 at 6:36 PM, Withacee said:

Wow, that is a very original idea!
I love the overall look, and the animated scenes are terrific.

Best of luck in the contest, and keep it up!

On 17.01.2017 at 11:44 AM, AnkTales said:

Very nice work!!

Thanks!

Great detailing throughout and has a wonderful warm holiday feeling. It feels like an antique family heirloom in style. Congrats!

On 18.01.2017 at 6:38 PM, Kodan Black said:

Great detailing throughout and has a wonderful warm holiday feeling. It feels like an antique family heirloom in style. Congrats!

Thanks! You gave me new perspective - I never thought about it as about "antique family heirloom". Actually I didn't know the word "heirloom". But there is something about it...

17 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Most impressive, love the moving features :thumbup:

Thank you. I'm still afraid that most people didn't even notice that there are moving features.