31919293135_c9cbe63699_z.jpgIMG_20161226_142421106_HDR_edit by thenextlegodesinger, on Flickr

After designing my own 3D printed wheels I needed something to put them on, so i started to make a jeep. The axles where made fast but making a chassis that fits my demands was hard. Although it wasn't the hardest part, it took a lot of time. As the chassis was finnished i started making a body, because u can't have a car without a body. I chose to make a elevated body as it was easier and i am not a master in making a body. Eventualy, I ended up with a jeep with a flatbed

31919238255_7cb7e64037_z.jpgIMG_20161226_142621723 by thenextlegodesinger, on Flickr

Specifications:

• opening hood, doors and trunk
  • fake "W12" engine
  • interior
  • Heavy duty 2 speed gearbox
  • winch with directional gearbox
  • pendular rear axle
  • 7  studs central groundclearance
    4 studs at lowest point (front axle)
  • total wheight: 2390 gram
    chassis wheight: 863 gram
    body: 1248 gram

motors:

• XL for drive
  • Servo for steering
  • M for gearshift
  • M for winch
  • M for fake engine

gearbox:

• high gear: 34.8 RPM 60.9 N.cm
  • low gear: 12.5 RPM 169.23 N.cm.

Altough this beast wheighs more than 2 KG it can pull itself vertical up. Note that the chassis can be builded withought the body. This means you can ditch the engine bay which wheighs 560 grams.

There is no central differential, but I had to implent a differential on the front axle in order to improve steering. Because i don't have a cental differential i had to fit a differential in the rear axle and because of that i made a new axle

31109929143_740bc1e958_z.jpgIMG_20161226_181600762_edit by thenextlegodesinger, on Flickr

thanks to its high groundclearance it can even go trough some creeks

31882091806_c8436d9c5a_z.jpgIMG_20161226_160255146 by thenextlegodesinger, on Flickr

the day the video was it was slippery, as the video was shot i already had drove a lot. because of this the wheels were filled with dirt and were slippery. As this happend, it was already hard to get up a 30-35° angle. With the new tractor tires it would probrally gone better but i don't have them

more pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHskNE4VCf

my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIYMoFhqHPboctgPosC56yA

Edited by TheNextLegoDesinger

Looks good, did the differentials ruin the performance?

What happened to the video?

i messed up with the video, it was 35 minutes of which 29 where black, it's almost fixed,

i used a technique which is not hard to find on the forum. i used a bit of plastic to make the diff stronger and used 2 bevel gears instead of 1. altough i didn't had a diff lock, the pendular suspention did the trick