31054628274_d84ec9b09c_c.jpg

“Weary from the long journey, our heroes find the toppled great tower looming before them. An unspoken question haunted them: had the daughter of the Duchess been in her quarters? Should she no longer breathe, the mission would be for nought. Once a floor hatch, now a door. Once a door, now a floor. Her room was on the 4th level. They entered the 9th.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My initial attempt at bringing the resting tower to life ended in ruins. I made it too large, and I began running low on the necessary parts. About a month ago I made the decision to tear it all apart and start afresh. It was a hard decision after all the hours spent on construction, but it was worth it! I had just received a much needed bricklink order, so the timing was good. The smaller size was much easier to manage, and I had enough parts to spare for the large chunk of wall the tower fell through.

I would have loved to spend more time on it, but I knew I could go on endlessly, so I made the call after about two months of part time building. The big challenge on the second go at building this MOC was fusing the odd sections together so it wouldn't fall apart every time I touched it. :laugh:

Watch this short video to get a behind the scenes glance at how I build and document my MOCs: https://youtu.be/edeZsEzeXBA

- Loreman

31085472093_7808bd5e96_c.jpgRestingTower_02 by The Loreman, on Flickr

31853061236_e344ed860e_c.jpgRestingTower_03 by The Loreman, on Flickr

31890357315_e34d5d58f9_c.jpgRestingTower_05 by The Loreman, on Flickr

31853081626_41916c0522_c.jpgRestingTower_06 by The Loreman, on Flickr

31742793182_ef4db0547c_c.jpgRestingTower_07 by The Loreman, on Flickr

31890390905_4b43c16622_c.jpgRestingTower_09 by The Loreman, on Flickr

31080922253_2a8c92e823_c.jpgRestingTower_10 by The Loreman, on Flickr

31080908623_57980c6bdd_c.jpgRestingTower_11 by The Loreman, on Flickr

On 12/26/2016 at 4:42 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Nice creation! It's a little chaotic.. :grin: but i like the multilevel decks and places that you 've created! :sweet: Good job!

Thanks Mpyromaxos! When you say it looks chaotic, are you saying it looks too busy? If I were to do it again, I would definitely work on clearing things up in the interior of the tower - it feels rather crowded. 

8 hours ago, The Loreman said:

Thanks Mpyromaxos! When you say it looks chaotic, are you saying it looks too busy? If I were to do it again, I would definitely work on clearing things up in the interior of the tower - it feels rather crowded. 

Noooo!! It's very nice! I mean the cutt of the different rooms it's very realistic and i like it! :laugh: to the interior only you could change the floor a little so it will be more easy to see it. a kind of line maybe (a little difference with the floor and the walls).
All the other are very beautiful and well executed! :thumbup:

13 hours ago, Mpyromaxos said:

Noooo!! It's very nice! I mean the cutt of the different rooms it's very realistic and i like it! :laugh: to the interior only you could change the floor a little so it will be more easy to see it. a kind of line maybe (a little difference with the floor and the walls).
All the other are very beautiful and well executed! :thumbup:

:grin: Understood! I appreciate the feedback and advice. Thank you!