TitusV

The Saint Isolde

I will take what is mine by fire and sword.

-Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons

31856712286_25d810101f_o.jpg

The Saint Isolde is the latest addition to the mighty Avalonian fleet. This carrack was built with the support of experienced Mitgardian shipwrighters (thanks to @kabel), but also with some young and promising Avalonians (thanks to @Bregir). More then 3 years after Legonardo's Flight of Dragons, Avalonia's fleet is back! :wink: 

31746397992_0331bb0c37_o.jpg

Her figurehead, the classical Avalonian dragon (design by Legonardo)

31777677691_1bd6aa88d4_o.jpg

Since these ships existed before the invention of the steering wheel, someone on deck had to shout out commands to a man downstairs holding the steering handle.

31746400362_897fcde215_o.jpg

31776458421_4d0e362c67_o.jpg

The captain's cabin.

31745196522_185e43223c_o.jpg

31083501093_f9d929c124_o.jpg

Crew

31519964810_c95a074857_o.jpg

Bonus images

31519964170_6ce60dc851_o.jpg

31083506413_bd57e460d0_o.jpg

31083505273_102e7f5db3_o.jpg

31083504323_08c5f5900b_o.jpg

So, I hope you like her! I worked about a full month on it, a month during wich I could always go to @kabel when the hull wouldn't fit, to @Bregir for the rigging and to @Blufiji for various support on all fronts :wink: This ship was heavily inspired by Legonardo, hence the figurehead. CC very welcome, enjoy!

Edited by TitusV

Really pretty ship Titus, your month of work sure paid off! :thumbup:   The shape and colors are great, and I love the dragons on front and back!  And the sail design is the icing on the cake!  Great job!

Nice, bulky looking ship. It pleases my taste of what medieval inspired fantasy vessels should look like.

Too bad I won't be able to finish my first Skavenport ship in time for the ccc. I will keep it for the final challenge. 

The coat of arms on the sails is wonderfully done.  And your rigging keeps getting better and better.

Great work Titus, you blended the prefab pieces and your own designs very well, and the color scheme is good in this one.

Beautiful, TitusV!

The shaping is so perfect with the curving in all three dimensions!  I especially like the curve on the sides from bow to stern.  The rigging and sails are nice custom touches.  Lovely design for the sail emblem!  The tile decks are nice along with the hatches and cabin door.  The inclusion of guild colors is neatly done here with the side stripe and flags.  The crew members look nice as well with one guild color on each sleeve!

:wub: Very pretty ship, Titus, loving that tumblehome, and the color-scheme, rigging, and sails (well, not sure exactly what that one up top that looks like a rag is doing, but the rest are splendid anyways! :laugh: :grin:  Not that that one looks bad either!) add a lot to this awesome vessel!  The polished aspect is very good, and great to see that you could include somewhat of an interior as well!  A well spent month, I say! :wink:  All in all, pretty much certainly my favorite build of yours yet! :thumbup:  More ships, please!

The one area where I think, merely from an aesthetic perspective, that it could look better is the bow, which kind of all looks like it just got punched by a dragon (being so blunt :grin:) - but of course that's accurate enough for the time - just a note for whenever you get time for a(nother?) BoBS ship :pir-laugh:

On 27-12-2016 at 0:38 AM, Kai NRG said:

Really pretty ship Titus, your month of work sure paid off! :thumbup:   The shape and colors are great, and I love the dragons on front and back!  And the sail design is the icing on the cake!  Great job!

Thanks Kai! I tried to make this ship as Avalonian as possible, so dragons was the way to go!

On 27-12-2016 at 1:09 AM, Tomsche said:

It`s a lovely ship, great work!

Thank you Tomsche!

On 27-12-2016 at 1:50 PM, Jacob Nion said:

Nice, bulky looking ship. It pleases my taste of what medieval inspired fantasy vessels should look like.

Too bad I won't be able to finish my first Skavenport ship in time for the ccc. I will keep it for the final challenge. 

The coat of arms on the sails is wonderfully done.  And your rigging keeps getting better and better.

Thanks! A pity yours won't make it, I'd have loved to see it!

On 28-12-2016 at 0:03 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Very nice Titus! This carrack depiction is as close as it can get at that size! 

Thank you bd! Next one'll be for BoBS. Maybe. :tongue: 

On 28-12-2016 at 8:24 AM, Blufiji said:

Great work Titus, you blended the prefab pieces and your own designs very well, and the color scheme is good in this one.

Thank you sir!

On 28-12-2016 at 3:51 PM, Slegengr said:

Beautiful, TitusV!

The shaping is so perfect with the curving in all three dimensions!  I especially like the curve on the sides from bow to stern.  The rigging and sails are nice custom touches.  Lovely design for the sail emblem!  The tile decks are nice along with the hatches and cabin door.  The inclusion of guild colors is neatly done here with the side stripe and flags.  The crew members look nice as well with one guild color on each sleeve!

Thanks! The curve was a real pain-in-the-megablocks! To tile the decks, I think I had to order three times more tiles, but I think the investment payed off! The crew was inspired by all these Kaliphlinites walking around with a red and a d blue sleeve, and I thought: "What Kaliphlin can do, Avalonia can do as well!' :wink: 

On 29-12-2016 at 1:07 PM, Legofin2012 said:

Wonderful vessel! The shaping is very nicely done, and I just love those sails :wub:

Thank you! I'm quite happy with the sails :wink: 

On 29-12-2016 at 6:13 PM, mrcp6d said:

Wow, I'm not a maritime expert at all, but this craft looks amazing. :thumbup:

I'm defenitely no maritime expert (this is my first ship) as well, but I'm glad you like it!

20 hours ago, Garmadon said:

:wub: Very pretty ship, Titus, loving that tumblehome, and the color-scheme, rigging, and sails (well, not sure exactly what that one up top that looks like a rag is doing, but the rest are splendid anyways! :laugh: :grin:  Not that that one looks bad either!) add a lot to this awesome vessel!  The polished aspect is very good, and great to see that you could include somewhat of an interior as well!  A well spent month, I say! :wink:  All in all, pretty much certainly my favorite build of yours yet! :thumbup:  More ships, please!

The one area where I think, merely from an aesthetic perspective, that it could look better is the bow, which kind of all looks like it just got punched by a dragon (being so blunt :grin:) - but of course that's accurate enough for the time - just a note for whenever you get time for a(nother?) BoBS ship :pir-laugh:

Thank you Garm! The big problem with adding the interior was that I already laid the decks, so I had to tear them down again. Man, I cursed! I'll try to give you guys some more ships, but I'm a castle-guy after all. And maybe the bow did get punched by a dragon? :laugh: But I know what you mean, I'll try to do better next time!

Extremely well done ship! I can definitely see kabel's influence, which is certainly a good thing :thumbup:

The custom sails and use of dark green/sand green make it distinctly Avalonian :classic:

She turned out really nice buddy! Where did the inspiration for the triangle shaped top sail come from? My only nitpick is that the rigging might look nicer in a more natural or darker colour.

Great work indeed. I really like the angles you've managed to put in there and the sails are wonderful!

late to the party - this is awesome! I absolutely love the inward curve at the stern as well as the colour stripes. figs are really cool and the sails are gorgeous - proud to be part of Avalonia!

Just stunning work here! The transition from the premolded boat and the bricks is really smooth! The sails are so well done! Excellent Titus!

Hah, great ship Titus. I like how this is actually replacing the Rose of Asgard that I've just taken apart. What I like the most though is how you took my design a step further giving it an interiour I wouldn't have thought possible. Cool stuff dude!

On 3-1-2017 at 6:07 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Extremely well done ship! I can definitely see kabel's influence, which is certainly a good thing :thumbup:

The custom sails and use of dark green/sand green make it distinctly Avalonian :classic:

Thank you sir! Kabel's influence is indeed the best thing I can imagine :wink: 

On 3-1-2017 at 8:19 PM, Captain Green Hair said:

She turned out really nice buddy! Where did the inspiration for the triangle shaped top sail come from? My only nitpick is that the rigging might look nicer in a more natural or darker colour.

Thanks man! That one was Bregir's idea. A darker colour would have been nicer indeed, but I noticed that only after I had rigged her and I was not going to redo the 200 and a bit knots :grin: 

On 5-1-2017 at 11:58 AM, Ecclesiastes said:

Great work indeed. I really like the angles you've managed to put in there and the sails are wonderful!

Thanks Ecc! 

19 hours ago, en_zoo said:

late to the party - this is awesome! I absolutely love the inward curve at the stern as well as the colour stripes. figs are really cool and the sails are gorgeous - proud to be part of Avalonia!

Better late then never :wink: Thanks! That was the feeling I wanted to kindle!

17 hours ago, de Gothia said:

Just stunning work here! The transition from the premolded boat and the bricks is really smooth! The sails are so well done! Excellent Titus!

Thank you!

6 hours ago, kabel said:

Hah, great ship Titus. I like how this is actually replacing the Rose of Asgard that I've just taken apart. What I like the most though is how you took my design a step further giving it an interiour I wouldn't have thought possible. Cool stuff dude!

Thanks mate! To be honest, I just copied your design and techniques and switched the Mitgardian yellow for the Avalonian green :wink: That interiour was a last-minute addition, I'm glad you like it!

Lovely ship, Titus, the hull shaping is excellent :thumbup: The stripes of dark green and sand green look great, and I love those custom sails. Glad to see an interior too! :classic:

15 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Lovely ship, Titus, the hull shaping is excellent :thumbup: The stripes of dark green and sand green look great, and I love those custom sails. Glad to see an interior too! :classic:

Thanks LJ!