Sign in to follow this  
BubbaFit45531

LDD question - website for LEGO elements?

I tried this Lego Digital Designer software for the first time, and man, it's awesome!

Granted, I only used it to recreate 3 simple things I built by bricks first. I'm really impressed by the ability to generate HTML instructions that look like official instructions with images of bricks used in the corner, then assembly, as well as parts list. Now with a PDF of the instructions, I don't have to worry about taking apart the construction and forgetting how I put it together.

I'm looking forward to making something mini figure scale big using parts I don't have, then ordering them from Lego's website.

Is there a website or a way in the software to look at every Lego element there is?

8 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

then ordering them from Lego's website.

Unfortunately the option "Design by me", that allowed to built with LDD and then order from LEGO website has been removed long since.

Anyway there are stores (selling circuits) that sell spared LEGO parts (bricklink, brickowl, etc...) where you can look for the parts that compose your creations.

Edited by Calabar

While you can't order individual parts from them, Brickset has a fairly good parts database sourced from Lego's own replacement parts site (but made much easier to navigate and browse). Bricklink and similar sites are good for ordering parts but when building on LDD I tend to prefer Brickset since it is much more consistent with the official part names, color names, and Design ID numbers used in LDD itself.

Edited by Lyichir

Does Pick-A-Brick Wall ever have ball joints? I was in awe of GYUTA's Gundam RX-78-2 mini figure scale, but I feel more courageous after seeing some mecha frames pics.

Edit: Pick-A-Brick Wall had 1x2 ball and 2x2 loose horizontal swinging socket.

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/ seems pretty good for identifying elements with illustrations and part numbers.

Edited by BubbaFit45531
adding helpful info