Sign in to follow this  
Capn Frank

The Misadventures of Brickbeard

The Lego Youtube Channel has posted five videos featuring the misadventures of Captain Brickbeard on December 1, 2016.  They're pretty amusing. 

It's good to see TLG making media content featuring Pirates. :pir-classic:

A special thanks to TalonCard who found these

Love the Brickbeard charater design. Does anyone know where his legs are from?

Also, I can't look at the pirate in the upper right hand corner and not think of Gates from Black Sails. :pir_laugh2:

TC

15 hours ago, TalonCard said:

Does anyone know where his legs are from?

7 hours ago, Slegengr said:

I think he's talking about the other leg and hips with the printing in every video except the intro video. :thumbup: 
They look like Cole's latest legs

Hey!  I've got Cole's Dragon Set.  I could make this version of Brickbeard for the head and legs. :pir-grin: 

8 minutes ago, Phred said:

I think he's talking about the other leg and hips with the printing in every video except the intro video. :thumbup: 

Ha, that makes much more sense! :blush:  I was wondering how a common piece like the peg-leg would be unknown.

That Brickbeard design is certainly interesting for a pirate captain!  The Ninjago legs seem like reasonably good parts for pirates.

On 12/28/2016 at 4:13 PM, Phred said:

They look like Cole's latest legs.

That's it! Yeah, I should have been more specific--I forgot that they changed up the design a little from video to video. (I guess when you get turned into a turkey, you end up needing a rebuild now and then. :wink: )

TC

Very amusing video, nice to see tlg doing stop motion instead of awful cgi,  and, is this a hint athat some future pirate sets me hearties?

Columbus

I wonder if this is an attempt to keep Pirates in the publics eye, and whether something can be drawn from that... May sound unlikely, but why else focus on pirates instead of an active theme?

I can't find the original Rock Raiders United forum thread that I found the link to, but someone mentioned that someone at LEGO has been kicking around the "Pirate fights other random themes" idea for awhile now, so it may be someone's internal persistence more anything else.

TC

Haha, funny little series - but seriously, shouldn't the pirates be victorious? This must surely be propaganda... :grin:

Anyway, they got some screen time, which is always good. :thumbup: