Thy

Ninjago in the same universe as Exo-Force ?

Hi everyone ! 

It's not new that Lego likes to make easter-eggs between many themes, letting us guess that they belong to the same universe. (I think of Vladek being an ancestor of Ogel and Solomon Blaze being an Ultra Agent and part of the Galaxy Squad) 

But a friend of mine just had the Ninjago Salvage Mech for christmas and has noticed that the symbol on the left thigh is the exact same as the Exo-Force Stealth Hunter.

What do you think ? Simple logo re-use or the themes are in the same universe ? 

Makes a Triangle symbol with his hands, the eye in the middle.

5 hours ago, Thy said:

Hi everyone ! 

It's not new that Lego likes to make easter-eggs between many themes, letting us guess that they belong to the same universe. (I think of Vladek being an ancestor of Ogel and Solomon Blaze being an Ultra Agent and part of the Galaxy Squad) 

But a friend of mine just had the Ninjago Salvage Mech for christmas and has noticed that the symbol on the left thigh is the exact same as the Exo-Force Stealth Hunter.

What do you think ? Simple logo re-use or the themes are in the same universe ? 

Makes a Triangle symbol with his hands, the eye in the middle.

Lego Designer Mark Stafford actually addressed this question on Reddit.

There are some other crossover bits seen in the show. The most blatant being a reference to Clutch Powers, and more obviously several of the Ultra Agents Super Villains being prominently featured as "Elemental Masters".  

Now that you mention that and I'm looking at that thigh I see it also has the red team emblem from Galaxy Squad on it as well!! I really enjoy when they do the little crossover parts especially the Ultra Agent villains that were used as elemental masters. Really brought a feeling to me to me that they were in the same world and for villains such as Toxikita were more then being "turned evil" by Antimatter but having their true potentials unlocked.

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Lego Designer Mark Stafford actually addressed this question on Reddit.

I didn't know about that Reddit topic ! Very interesting.

So according to the Reddit thread, Exo Force is considered a spiritual successor.

We don't need to be a detective to see there is a connection somehow. There is no list how each theme could be related but I can see that on how each Ninja has their own colour scheme and their old master wears white. Both themes also feature only 1 girl in the main characters roster. Even the inspiration is kinda similar. Exo-Force was inspired by mech & anime like Gundam while Ninjago is inspired by Ninja and Samurai. Clearly, both themes were inspired by Japanese culture and arts. I'm sure there are more...

So, when one of the designers dropped that easter egg in Salvage Mech I was not surprised. I actually hope they do more of these easter eggs because  not only it pays homage to old themes, it also enriches your imagination how those themes could be related.

8 hours ago, makoy said:

So, when one of the designers dropped that easter egg in Salvage Mech I was not surprised. I actually hope they do more of these easter eggs because  not only it pays homage to old themes, it also enriches your imagination how those themes could be related.

Someone hasn't seen the Nindroid MechDragon's stickers... :wink: (Number 4)

nindroid_mechdragon_stickers.jpg

4 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Someone hasn't seen the Nindroid MechDragon's stickers... :wink: (Number 4)

It was mentioned in the Reddit thread so thanks for adding the picture.

Frankly I didn't bother about that mountain in the sticker because Ninjago Island is quite mountainous as well so I initially thought it could be just another mountain but upon closer look you'll see it is split into two... so it is most definitely Sentai Mountain.

A lot of the Adventure stuff is sort of semi officially intertwined. Power Miners and Atlantis exist in the same world (shared characters in sets. Brains). Atlantis also takes place in the same world, but not necessarily the same time as Pharoah's Quest, Dino and Alien Conquest. With the AC Aliens being basically the same race or creators of the Atlantis sea creatures. Space Police III may also be in that shared universe. IIRC there is some reference tying Alpha Team to Agents. And Ultra Agents, Galaxy Squad and Monster Fighters have some linked story. Ninjago and Exo-Force seem to be almost a gimme given some of the thematic similarities. You could drop Exo-Force and Sentai Mountain into a small corner of the overall world of Ninjago without batting an eye or breaking theme. 

Good catch, though I see more people arguing that Ultra Agents could be linked to Ninjago, more than I see theories for Ninjago and Exo-Force being in the same universe.

I've never put any real thought into the two. I'd conclude that while the stories or what you see in both themes don't draw many legitimate similarities or connections besides the obvious broad themes, the stickers and other easter eggs are what really boosts this theory.

Edited by gamejutzu