Part 4 - Winning the people
Part 5 - The Candidate
Part 6 - The Safe Harbour Plan
Part 7 - Beyond
Part 8 - The Launching
Part 9 - Denied
Part 10 - Admius Legistrad

31377320420_32d24d35ea_z.jpg

"I remember as if it was yesterday, when in this city and all over the island, we declared our independence from Fernando Augusto, who many of us have called The Mad King. And right we were!"

Román Esteban Fontonajo gave the crowd a while to cheer. Hating on the king was always a good opener. Now came the critical part.

"But even a mad man can become reasonable. Sure, it was our glorious Trade Companies, people like de Chauncourtois, Wyndzon or Guilder, who, while not courageous as we Nellisans from the very get-go, made him reasonable in his very dormatory - a fantastic coup I say - "

Cheering, again. Román Fontonajo gave them their time.

"So Fernando Augusto came to reason, and the Magna Charta was signed, granting us in the New World, the Glorious New World I say!" - this time he didn't let the cheers interrupt him - "GRANTING US the rights to officially decide our own fate. Like we have always done! But now we will elect an official council, and order will be restored! And no king shall ever rule us again!"

Another echo of cheers erupted from the crowd.

"Many brilliant minds have worked on our new constitution. I have had many long night discussions with Wyndzon, the Governors Damaximus, Guilder and Servadac, with de Chauncourtois, Monezterell and others. As usual I have given my input - no pardon me - our input from Nellisa even before Fernando Augusto was surprised in his nightsuit."

He really had to stop with these king-jokes now.

"But there is one slight problem."

He paused, giving the crowd a brief moment, long enough to consider, but not long enough to conclude.

"""We Nellisans have not yet officially accepted the constitution. But - We will change this.
TODAY!
NOW!
I hereby declare Nellisa to be an official part of Colonial Eslandola.
I hereby declare that we accept the glorious constitution of Glorious Colonial Eslandola."""

Some cheered, others were slightly puzzled, trying to figure out what had just happened, trying to make up their own minds. Now was the moment to strike, to win them.

"And to make sure that we, the inhabitants of Nellisa, the most brilliant and most colourful pearl of New Terra, will be heard I will represent us in the Colonial Council myself! - Román Esteban Fontonajo, as representative of the Sea of Thieves? Now YOU tell me! WHO DO YOU WANT?!"

Now the cheers bulged, erupted, clashed. "FONTONAJO!", they shouted, uncoordinated at first, but soon in unison. "FONTONAJO, FONTONAJO, FONTONAJO!"

Juan Alfonso Fontonajo stood there, silent as usual. Once again he admired the brilliance of his father. He still had a long way to go. They both had to. But the first step was made.

Finally.

30908290024_0de7aa5899_z.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

Great story/text!  Román knows how to work a crowd! And a nice MOC, too. Good little gathering, nice palm tree, and I like that Román is standing on a shipping crate -- very Eslandola-like. :pir-grin:

Now, will he toss his hat into the ring for something more than regional councilmember? ...

13 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Now, will he toss his hat into the ring for something more than regional councilmember? ...

Good series usually consist of ten episodes. Who knows what is to come? :-) 

I really like how you've transformed this into a series - this is a really nice little vig, including the palm tree was a great idea! :thumbup: 

For such a small base, this has an amazing amount of quality! Lovely palm!

Great storyline you've got going here, Elos - I wish you all the best in your elections! The story is well-written and the vignettes are well-built, although this one seems a bit too crammed for me. A few more square studs would probably have helped.

Neat little build, Elostirion, and great to see some more action in the elections!  That palm tree is pretty nice, and having him stand on the crate, as Capt Wolf mentioned, i just perfect! :pir-classic: