Hi Guy,

i will show you my last Project. A Grader in Scale 1:12,5 and Style form Volvo G940C. I build this one this year for Bricking Bavaria 2016. The Grader have the most Functions then the real Model. One Function is missing. 

Here a list of the Functions:

1x L-Motor Autovalve for Lift Up/down the Front Blade

2x L-Motor Autovalve for Lift Up/down the Middle Blade

1x L-Motor Autovalve for Slide the Middle Blade Left/Right

1x M-Motor Autovalve for Lift Up/down the Rear Ripper

1x M-Motor for Compressor

1x Servo for Steering

1x M-Motor for Rotate the Middle Blade

1x M-Motor for Articulated steering

1x XL-Motor for Drive

1x M-Motor to change the Gears in the 2-Speed Gearbox

The Decals are Printed on the Liftarms. Tires are not Lego. But in the Diameter have Lego no tires.

y3myKbDhkBS4jwcTGNEJHjIuMZZJvUqcrBcLB3sT

y3mD434rbgqpxAKjBbodf7UCmXrAg-Ygbrr0q2Ex

y3mRm0isjGa5Zheqld1JIe6P0fRIS9oapCB8hjI_

Edited by AdamL

What a beautiful machine. To expensive for me to build, where did you get those tires?? Could seriously use a couple off those.

That is a big model. Looking good! Would love to see the video.

When you say decals are printed on liftarms, you mean they are stickers or actually custom printed on the liftarms themself?

47 minutes ago, Dafgek81 said:

What a beautiful machine. To expensive for me to build, where did you get those tires?? Could seriously use a couple off those.

They can be find here:

Z-T0035-1.jpg

http://store.rc4wd.com/MIL-SPEC-ZXL-22-Tires_p_724.html

Nice tyres, really. Have few of those and they are great. 42054 tires are equal in diameter with them and are a bit wider.

Time for some comparision shots:

volvo-g940c,2020830186.jpg

Your model have lost proportions of the real machine. You have used one of the biggest tires possible, so it could allow to make model with great proportions. In this scale, making the front part of the frame angled should be easy. I do not know what did you put inside it, but could it be a little thinner? Do you have some photos of real machine? Blueprint maybe? Quick search on Google didn't find too many data about this machine.

volvo-g940c,2020830230.jpg

Rear ripper does not resemble its real counterpart in any way. It looks like unfinished.

20174-8307741.jpg

Cylinders that elevate the center blade could have some extensions from round bricks (like in 8275 set). For me your model looks too bulky when compared to real machine,

Edited by M_longer

And here comes M_longer ...

That's an impressive MOC. I'd like to see the internals - it was probably a challenge to fit all the motors with functions.

My first intention was to say unscaled and that I hate no-Lego parts... but I also think that it is a good grader attempt and you have had a great time doing it and this is the important thing. Sometimes I lose the fun with so much realism and fidelity.

2 hours ago, zux said:

And here comes M_longer ...

... and says what he thinks about the model. Oh come on, don't tell me that you do not see those things that I have pointed :)

Hi Guys, 

thank you all. 

@Milan sorry, yes is a coustom print from the Steindrucker here in Germany. The Link http://www.steindrucker.com

@DTom @Milan I make a video in my holiday in January 

@zux No problem i make some pictures at afternoon for you.

@jorgeopesi I follow you. It was a long time to build that one. But when you finish so a big model, it was an big feeling.

So now you @M_longer :wink::

The Link for the Tires are right.

When you want du build in 11 Motors, you must go a little difffernt way as the original Model. I have in the middle arm 2 L-Motors in. So is the diameter from this one the smallest that is possible. 

I have selected this tires, because i like the tread, and the lego tires looks for me in the proportions to small. 

It´s a moc. A Moc is never finish. :tongue: 

9 hours ago, AdamL said:

When you want du build in 11 Motors, you must go a little difffernt way as the original Model. I have in the middle arm 2 L-Motors in. So is the diameter from this one the smallest that is possible. 

I think that it could be built within scaled dimensions. Anyway, do you have documentation for this machine?

7 hours ago, AdamL said:

@M_longer When you think you Can make it. Make it.

Adami, you haven't seen his work i quess. This guy builds beautiful stuff and what he says comes as positive and constructive criticism, he means well and you could use it to get better.

11 hours ago, AdamL said:

When you think you Can make it. Make it.

I love when people say this :)) OK, I'll take a look at that PDF (thanks for linking it) and see if (and how) it could be done.

Oehhh a grader buikd-off, love to see hows this ends......

And since you like a challenge, below is a link to my Actros 4150K I want to build a second version, but with more realistic suspension in the front and back, Here are the links to my version and the original LDraw.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=4150k&stype=dfic

http://www.brickforge.de/

And the Brickshelf folder

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=46718

Maybe you can help me with it.

Edited by Dafgek81

@M_longer I'm very excited abour how you will build the arm with two L Motor Autovalves in it.

One Tip for you in this scale the arm can be max 3x3 Studs. Gold Luke

49 minutes ago, AdamL said:

@M_longer I'm very excited abour how you will build the arm with two L Motor Autovalves in it.

It's my little secret :)

49 minutes ago, AdamL said:

One Tip for you in this scale the arm can be max 3x3 Studs. Gold Luke

3x5 actually, with sloped front part. And so far it is at 5-6th position on models list to do, so it will take a while. Which does not mean that I am not waiting for a video showing your model in action :)

I think that a very good grader can be done but only using class tyres, there are two giant old ones that would be easy to build.

ETaFI3M.jpg?1

L3lPRPA.jpg?1

8903DZr.jpg?1

But seeing them I think I was wrong :laugh: the best option would be a medium or small real grader with big body like the volvo has, using class tyres,

Edited by jorgeopesi

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

I think that a very good grader can be done but only using class tyres, there are two giant old ones that would be easy to build.

--SNIP (pictures) --

But seeing them I think I was wrong :laugh: the best option would be a medium or small real grader with big body like the volvo has, using class tyres,

What about the tires on the recent Volvo front-loader set (see CAT picture above)?  They seem a little small on the loader, but I think they would look nice on a grader that was built to suit.  I wonder if Lego will ever do one with power functions.

3 hours ago, teos said:

What about the tires on the recent Volvo front-loader set (see CAT picture above)?  They seem a little small on the loader, but I think they would look nice on a grader that was built to suit.  I wonder if Lego will ever do one with power functions.

The problem with almost every construction machine is that they are narrow, you will  need the bigger wheels you have in order to have enough room for all mechanisms, in graders everything is even worst, they are very narrow and they have a lot of functions.