Happy Holidays Everyone!

My town has finally got what it was missing, a more habitable apartment complex that has some green space (a rarity due to a severe land shortage problem). Ending the long tradition of single-room flats the new spacious units include a mind-boggling 4 rooms. Some even have toilets, although these cost extra.

The development consists of 12 apartments, 3 stacks of 4 built one on top of another. Around 1,500 dark tan masonry bricks were required. As these are more expensive than standard bricks some believe they were intentionally used to funnel state aid to mining companies although this could be just a conspiracy theory.

Despite the obvious design improvements however most of my minifigs are not happy at all which is not a surprise really as they can’t afford one. The few that can are also not happy do to bad choices when picking friends.

Hope you like the build.

David

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Mix-2.png

Edit: it didn't take long for my 2 year old daughter to dip her hand into interior decorating :cry_sad:

Edited by Serengeti

Absolutely fantastic build. It does look really realistic - reminds me of some of the apt blocks you see around Sandyford :classic: Love the glass balconies, and the bike rack shelter is genius. 

That's really nice looking. The building look good and fits very well in the fantastische surroundings. Als the interieur arrangement well doen. 

Wow, very cool build. This manages to look way better than similar real-life complexes :)

Also some interesting building techniques used, e.g. for the blinds.

Very nice!

Lots of cool details

Good idea to use long tiles for blinds.

The glass of balconies look realistic; from what I see they are simple window glasses stuck in antenna/lever bases?

Inspirational!  Very much like the "block" apartments found in my neck of the woods...only now they are covered in snow!

Thanks everyone for the comments and interest in this build! Great to get some feedback. I have seen the blinds and glass barriers done this way before from other builders so kudos for the original idea goes out to them. The apartment exterior was built initially with no intention to do an interior so retrofitting the block was  a challenge, probably the biggest of which was attempting to achieve a fairly spacious look with in reality quite cramped spaces. The living room and bedroom were most trouble here as the available space was very small. @Delbaerov this is the reason for the lack of a washroom although as mentioned in my initial post a number of apartments have a toilet and all, it is just this feature is a real luxury. The other tricky feature was accommodating the many windows, especially in the kitchen. This forced the relocation of the fridge in the eating area as a fridge up against the kitchen window wouldn't look too good.

@antp yes, that's exactly it.

@eanair thank you! It is loosely based on apartments around here. Before I started clicking bricks I googled 'apartments' and 'dublin' for some ideas!

Awesome creation.
The exterior looks so authentic that it´s just mindblowing. Great use of pieces everywhere to accomplish that.

This would look good in every city layout. So convincing.
Seriously love this MOC of your´s ! :wub:

KlodsBrik.

For a ordinary apartment building, it sure is nice to look at. I don't suppose it is modular?

I also like the techniques for the blinds and the balcony glass, as well as the space heater (NPU!), stove and washing machine.

This is such a nice build....it is 100% perfection...everything is right.... I would advise you to never tear it apart....you can't make it better than this...!! It is so realistic, that i first thought the black/white pictures were taken of the real building... !!  Great stuff!!!

Now this is a modular building !

I like everything about this from the exterior to the furniture.

Awesome work 'Serengeti' and Brick On always !

The huge scale and amazing detail of this building would be fitting in the massive Legoland cityscapes, I know Miniland doesn't use minifig scale but most of us don't even come close to completely furnished and detailed MOC buildings of this size. Absolutely impressive and an incredibly attractive  MOC throughout. 

On 2016-12-22 at 4:07 PM, Serengeti said:

---

Edit: it didn't take long for my 2 year old daughter to dip her hand into interior decorating :cry_sad:

Very well done! So much to like (and to "borrow").

One improvent can be made, as far as I'm concerned. The path behind the complex is a bit too clean. You could mix the tan with dark tan, LBG etc.

Remember: Keep the kids away from the Lego!