Ahzeal

DK: Rogue One, The Ultimate Visual Guide Book

Just now, khatmorg said:

I don't think they did, they are in wing-up mode in the space battles as well. Wing-down is probably atmospheric mode.

Space battles?? The TIE Strikers are atmospheric patrol craft.

I'm 90% sure all the TIE Strikers on Scarif were flying with their wings down (at least those I saw).

8 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Space battles?? The TIE Strikers are atmospheric patrol craft.

I'm 90% sure all the TIE Strikers on Scarif were flying with their wings down (at least those I saw).

When they first released information about them they stated that while they were designed for atmospheric flight they are also space worthy. I edited my post to clarify that I meant battlefront space battles.

14 minutes ago, khatmorg said:

btw what does the second picture depict? it's not working for me.

Yeah, I can't see it either. Presumably it has the Hovertank on it.

8 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Yeah, I can't see it either. Presumably it has the Hovertank on it.

Oh, I'm sorry guys, looks good to me, I checked the permissions too, please check again, or if still doesn't show, here's a link: https://goo.gl/photos/RfZ8MFGwXHrLWMAx6

It's the bigger part of the comparison, it shows the walkers, U- and Y-Wing, the Striker, and the two biggest vessels. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

According to the book, wings are up when landing and when in normal flight, particularly gaining altitude. Wings down is attack mode (they use the word "dart"). Since we only see the Tie strikers fighting in the movie, we only see them with wings down.

Edited by belkor

4 minutes ago, belkor said:

According to the book, wings are up when landing and when in normal flight, particularly gaining altitude. Wings down is attack mode (they use the word "dart"). Since we only see the Tie strikers fighting in the movie, we only see them with wings down.

Thanks for explaining. I don't have the book, and based my observations solely off the movie. :)

2 hours ago, Artizan said:

there was an even larger cargo shuttle in the movie with 8 wings.

I spotted it too! I thought it was two shuttles joined together, though :tongue:

20 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I spotted it too! I thought it was two shuttles joined together, though :tongue:

Apparently, there will be a lot of material in the background to MOC when the movie comes out on home video :) 

On 1/11/2017 at 11:06 AM, Artizan said:

That may be the Eta class shuttle.

The 'Art Of R1' book has a concept painting showing the Death Trooper transport from the front. It basically looks like a mash up of TIE Striker and Kylo Ren's shuttle. It's definitely one I want to MOC when I call get some better reference.

I got all the "visual guides" and not buying this one wasn't an option. And it's, by far, the best done one.
I really hope the awesome characters from Jedha described there (don't have the book with me, so I don't remember the pages) like Tam Posla the hellbent law-bringer, Gavra Ubrento the grease-smeared mechanic, Woan Barso the paranoid pilot and K-OHN the philanthropist droid will make their way into other media. I hope they all left the planet on Woan's ship ;)

They are simply a perfect opportunity for a nice team story in the mood of an old "Death Star" novel.

On 1/9/2017 at 9:56 PM, Artizan said:

Is there an image of that TIE transport that is used to deliver the death troopers?

I don't know if you play Galaxy of Heroes on mobile (if you don't you should, it's great), but there was an update just over the last week, which added the Reaper to the vehicle roster. Unfortunately you can't see the underside of the ship properly, but it's the best reference I've seen so far.

eBq8120UBCl2jiYkCjHfcHGMzn8qn07sVTzAHz0q

ah cool - an image search for 'TIE Reaper' will show the image though it's pretty low-res. The painting in the art book shows the underside and front pretty clearly so it's really just the back that is a mystery. My guess is it would have a shuttle type engine with a slot-shaped exhaust rather than a rounded nozzle but that's just an assumption. Would be nice to get some more 360 degree images.

30 minutes ago, Joemmo said:

ah cool - an image search for 'TIE Reaper' will show the image though it's pretty low-res. The painting in the art book shows the underside and front pretty clearly so it's really just the back that is a mystery. My guess is it would have a shuttle type engine with a slot-shaped exhaust rather than a rounded nozzle but that's just an assumption. Would be nice to get some more 360 degree images.

In-game this rotates in 360, just around the horizontal axle. So you can kind of see the back, it's not perfect though, since the back panel covers a lot of the top of it.

14 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

TIE Reaper? You mean this?

latest?cb=20170126055154

yes, that's the TIE Reaper...I would think my photo tells the whole story ... :D

Edited by brobert

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, Artizan said:

its shown in the book The Art Of Rogue One ISBN: 978-1-4197-2225-7

its on page 160 they call it a super tanker !!

5 hours ago, brobert said:

yes, that's the TIE Reaper...I would think my photo tells the whole story ... :D

again its its shown in the book The Art Of Rogue One 

its on page 222 / 223 listed as death trooper transport

Edited by roadstermatt

6 hours ago, brobert said:

Your photo is broken for me.

9 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Your photo is broken for me.

ah, why didn't you start with that...I don't know what's going on, does it show for anyone else? it's supposed to be in a shared album...it's a pain to share photos here, and I'm not going to start using another upload service...:hmpf_bad:

10 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

its shown in the book The Art Of Rogue One ISBN: 978-1-4197-2225-7

its on page 160 they call it a super tanker !!

again its its shown in the book The Art Of Rogue One 

its on page 222 / 223 listed as death trooper transport

I understand these may be in the book, but those names are for the concepts most of the time. I don't own that particular book but e.g. in the Art of TFA it also has many designs close to the final versions, but still being referred to with the concept name, like the Jedi killer.

Super tanker is likely not the "official" name of that shuttle, that's not very Star Wars-y, and like we mentioned the "dt transport" also has a name now.

On 1/10/2017 at 3:09 AM, brobert said:

Dear talented MOC-ers!

I've just received my copy of the great book Rogue One The Ultimate Visual Guide, and while some of you might very well be aware of it- or even utilizing it for your creations, I want to draw all of your attention to it. It is basically the usual Visual dictionary mixed with the Incredible Cross-sections books, and contains a lot of useful information on everything Rogue One, but mostly the vehicle sections are what I believe will prove a good source for many of you.

I thought I'd share just two pictures of it, so maybe I'm still not too naughty, and I think some of you may appreciate it, it shows the scale of most prominent RO vehicles to each other:  

Thanks for sharing too! I have merged and moved your topic since is related to this book (in general). 

I have taken an image of it which I wanted to relate with my TIE Striker review. For your viewing as well. 

31972629982_f27fe602b2_o_d.jpg

9 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

Thanks for sharing too! I have merged and moved your topic since is related to this book (in general). 

I have taken an image of it which I wanted to relate with my TIE Striker review. For your viewing as well. 

AH, sorry, I didn't realize we had a topic for this already :wacko: