Ashi Valkoinen

[MOC] Full set of LEGO ÖBB railjet

Hello all,

I finished last week my ÖBB railjet train. I designed it in LDD back in 2013, built locomotive and four wagons in the end of 2014, and now, two years after I built the half of the train, now I own the full set. The Siemens Taurus locomotive is followed by Bmpz/2, Bmpz/1, Bmpz/1, Bmpz/1, ARbmpz, Ampz, Afmpz cars, making this train MOC 4 metres long. The 8W train weights around 8 kgs, so I decided to use SBrick to power it. One SBrick is installed in the locomotive, other in the driving car (Afmpz), each runs 2 PF train motors and get powered from AA battery box with rechargeable batteries. The 12 AA batteries enables a full exhibition day run (10 a.m. - 6 p.m.), I put in the last 5 days around 10 km-s into the train. :)

I made the train to take standard LEGO-geometry (including more points after each other or sharp turns made of only R40 curves), however the train needed real-time and careful driving through SBrick application when I run it on multiple points and S-curves. Then I put neodinium magnets between couplers and now it works fine with a constant speed set on the screen.

Here are some photos and a video showing the train, video also shows how it runs on multiple curves.

01-rjnew_sm.png

02-rjnew_sm.png

03-rjnew_sm.png

Ashi, that looks really great! Well done. Now you need some R104 curves!

Would be great to see your RailJet and my ICE 3 on the same layout some day. I will need to shift from 9V to PF and include various train motors, batteries and SBricks in my ICE as well as you did.

Best regards,

HoMa

On 21/12/2016 at 11:14 PM, Ashi Valkoinen said:

I don't know if his nickname is "Helos", but the guy who sent me the file for the stickers is called Stefano Masetti. :)

Oh yeah is Helos ...the same friend who helped me with my Railjet! :laugh:

railjet-022.jpg

Since it is a popular train, quite many MOCers of this hobby created it. It is interesting to see how differently we interpret colors and shape of this train. For example, Helo used different dark grayes for lower part, while I decided that the lower gray is closer to black than bluish gray. Other hungarian young modeller (15 y.o.) D.Máté decided to use wedges on front - which allows you to keep thin red and gray line on the "B" end of the loco, but you also lose some shape on it.

I wish we who own a set of LEGO railjet train could put them next to each other on some event. :)

Helo sent me those "railjet" patterns in vectorised format, so I could adjust it to my model, really nice of him it was.

..or wait, the raijet is yours on the picture you posted? IF yes, I think we had met at Kidsfest, Vienna, 2013... I remember to see both locomotives in real! *huh*

Very impressive and well built train, at whom Helos's decal give a more realistic look.

Anyway, four metres length at 8W, are a lot of stuff.

On 23/12/2016 at 7:38 PM, Ashi Valkoinen said:

Helo sent me those "railjet" patterns in vectorised format, so I could adjust it to my model, really nice of him it was.

..or wait, the raijet is yours on the picture you posted? IF yes, I think we had met at Kidsfest, Vienna, 2013... I remember to see both locomotives in real! *huh*

Hi Ashi, you've met Helos in Vienna ...the locomotives that you've seen are the original one (the Railjet and one in red livery) my Railjet locomotive is different because has light and the back is gray instead of  dark red. The dark blue model, has 4 pantographs and different doors because is the 1216 model instead of the older one 1116.

Helos has sent to me the same railjet patterns in vectorised format too ...he's very kind! :classic: