Capn Frank

My Pirate Town Display at the Local Botanical Gardens

WisLUG does an annual Lego display for the month of December at the local botanical gardens for Olbrich's Botanical Express.  I got the privilege to do a 46" X 46" or a little more than a meter by a meter. The description for the layout says:

Even if they get lumps of coal, Pirates celebrate Christmas too.  There's so much to get ready for, chasing Santa, stealing presents, and decorating a tree.

31251130742_1032874188_b.jpg

See my wonderful pirate layout among the poinsettias and garden rail trains. :pir-grin: 

30573828784_cc9d5abc67_b.jpg

The pirates are after Santa Clause who is in the red rowboat at the bottom center.  A redcoat ship ship is coming to Santa's aid. :pir-laugh: 

30573819224_91bd39bb58_b.jpg

Here is a close up of the Pirate Town.  I've shared these builds in the MOC forum or BoBS forum.  The layout is my first attempt at using Collaborative Standard for a Pirate Town at conventions.  There are 3 rows of octagons and squares, and each row back increase elevation by 4 bricks.  

Thanks for looking. :pir-classic: 

I guess they scared away all the fish when they opened fire of Santa! :laugh:

It’s a great display. I love when so much can be fit in to a limited space without seeming cluttered. Perhaps it helped to see all the elements separately too.

Is this the same system you propose for a collab at Brickworld?

29 minutes ago, Captain Green Hair said:

Did you get a good response?

I talked to a train operator who was right next to my display and said a lot of kids loved it.  :pir_wub: 

This is certainly a nice display, Phred!

It is interesting to see your BoBS buildings in one display.  This reminds me of the scenes in minitown at LEGO Land with all the activity and different buildings.  The inclusion of Santa's rowboat and the splashing cannonball are great!  The display looks really nice surrounded by the poinsettias and other Christmas foliage!

On 12/21/2016 at 5:26 PM, kurigan said:

Is this the same system you propose for a collab at Brickworld?

It is the same system.  Setup was real quick too.  The setup is nice because I don't have to rebuild everything for a new layout at other events, I just have to put my new builds in the front. 

I used Duplo to support the "terraced" builds in rows 2 and 3. :grin: 

Thanks for the complements.

I wish I could see this in real life. Looks very lively & real wit the surrounding stones and floweres. Cool job, Mate! 

Thank you everyone for the complements.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:14 AM, Kapp said:

This is grat. Are they selling christmastrees?

Yes, they are.  Pirates celebrate Christmas too. :pir-classic: