spig1992

LEGO Seasonal 2017

Does anyone know if there is a green-skinned male head that's NOT the Hulk? I want to swap out the yellow head in the Halloween set, and turn the white hands into black gloves or green, and make the Butler a Wicked Warlock of the West ...

2 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Does anyone know if there is a green-skinned male head that's NOT the Hulk? I want to swap out the yellow head in the Halloween set, and turn the white hands into black gloves or green, and make the Butler a Wicked Warlock of the West ...

3626cpb1635.jpg

Saw this one Green Goblin one on Bricklink, got the crazy eyes though.  There's also Brainiac but he has the dots on his forehead.

I don't think the the Mini Volkswagen would be considered directly part of the normal seasonal series, but a car-related seasonal series may be a good idea:

• Valentine's day: Couple in red convertible with picnic stuff in the back seat. Or Couple on a horse-drawn ride?
  • Easter: Person with easter bunny costume driving a white car?
  • Summer: Car with beach stuff. Much like the Volkswagen set.
  • Halloween: Hayride truck with kids in costumes and lots of pumpkins.
  • Thanksgiving: Car with the whole family, perhaps going to visit relatives?
  • Christmas: Car with Christmas tree on top and presents in trunk. Would it be too frightening to have a car full of Santas, carpooling to malls? That or Santa on sleigh with a beefy reindeer on roller skates.

For these to be minifigure-scale and be decent, they probably need to have more pieces (and priced accordingly) compared to current seasonal sets.

On 7/27/2017 at 10:05 PM, Robert8 said:

Ugh, it seems like I've been waiting for this one for forever.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think they should have used a trio of 1x1 round plates for the corn, but I digress. It's a comfy little set.

Thank you very much for the links, Robert8! :classic:

I dislike Halloween and so I'm not fascinated about the Halloween set, too. :sceptic:

But the Thanksgiving set is really a beauty! :wub: The small tree as well as the vegetable patch look brilliant and so does the small cart, too! Not the minifigs, but the rest of the set can easily be used for a medieval or a Western diorama, too - very nice! So it for sure will make it into my collection.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

We'll be seeing another 24 in 1 holiday set this year. Set number is 40253. A reindeer and Christmas tree will be two of the builds.

Edit:

40263 Christmas Town Square

40263.png

Edited by Umbra-Manis

Thank you very much for this information and the pic, Umbra-Manis! :classic:

1 hour ago, Umbra-Manis said:

We'll be seeing another 24 in 1 holiday set this year. Set number is 40253. A reindeer and Christmas tree will be two of the builds.

Oh no, not again! Why can't TLG offer us some small add-ons to the Winter Village like the amazing little sets they did as Xmas promos from 2012 to 2014?! :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, Umbra-Manis said:

40263.png

So that's the last set in the series of Valentine's Day - Easter - Halloween - Thanksgiving - Xmas this year.

I hate those 2x4 stalls - much, much too small and absolutely unrealistic. :thumbdown:

But everything other - esp. that well decorated Xmas tree with railings around - does look superb! :wub:

Btw: Do you think that the girl's pants are the very new orange-yellow color, too?

20 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

So that's the last set in the series of Valentine's Day - Easter - Halloween - Thanksgiving - Xmas this year.

It's 1x Valentine's Day - 1x Easter - 1x Halloween - 1x Thanksgiving - 2x Xmas, so there is one left  :pir-wink:

Just now, notpennysboat said:

It's 1x Valentine's Day - 1x Easter - 1x Halloween - 1x Thanksgiving - 2x Xmas, so there is one left  :pir-wink:

Really! Last year we had Elves' Workshop and Santa Claus - so we have to get one more Christmas set. :classic:

2 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Edit:

We have both set or only the 40263 Christmas Town Square?

2 hours ago, LEGOFANNER said:

Really! Last year we had Elves' Workshop and Santa Claus - so we have to get one more Christmas set. :classic:

We have both set or only the 40263 Christmas Town Square?

They're separate sets, I realized afterwards that looks confusing. 40253 is a 24 in 1, 40263 has the picture. 

15 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

They're separate sets, I realized afterwards that looks confusing. 40253 is a 24 in 1, 40263 has the picture. 

Thank you, Umbra-Manis but I meant we have: 1st version: 40253 24 in 1 and 40263 Christmas Town Square as two sets, 2st version: 40263 Christmas Town Square set only.

But now I know that the 1st version is true. I'm happy. Thank you!

Edited by LEGOFANNER

That look nice, but not as good as the 2015 ones, especially the Santa set

Hope the other one will be better.