spig1992

LEGO Seasonal 2017

I like these vignettes. The style for 2017 seems to include several plates that has smaller builds on them?

Since this is pretty much the "catch-all" thread each year for seasonal stuff as well as Lego store exclusives and promos... :wink: :grin: 

Here are some photos of the upcoming year of the Rooster set and keeping with the trend of the polybag micro Mini Cooper and VW Camper Van, here is a miniaturized VW Beetle set which will probably be given away in Lego Stores and S@H. :thumbup:

40234 Year of the Rooster

40252 Mini Volkswagen Beetle

Edited by Legocity2713

Thank you all very much for the pics! :classic:

The Valentine Scene as well as the Easter Scene are looking brilliant! :wub::wub::wub:

It was a good decision of TLG to come back with minifig scale and City compatible seasonal sets this year! :thumbup:

And I do hope that we'll get some more amazing sets of this kind this year - beach scene, fall scene and Christmas scene would be excellent!

It appears that through the gates is supposed to be some sort of haunted house against an orange sky or something.  I like that it has three dimensional depth past the gates.  Definitely a must have.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

MY GOD

That Halloween set is probably my favorite seasonal set ever

Why do so many people like it? Admittedly I'm not a Halloween fan, but how is it that great?

The Halloween and Easter sets do nothing for me but I bought the Valentines set and it is great! Added it into a park in my town with a few mods.

About time there's a Halloween seasonal set worth having. I purposely missed out on last years and the year's before was just stupid. Seems the FRIENDS Halloween sets in the European magazine has fared better than the official sets.

I also love the Valentine and Easter sets for this year but honestly enough is enough. I might get the Easter set if there are any left next week but we could use new ideas rather than just rehashes of older sets.

I'm guessing the butler in the Halloween set is just a generic butler but wonder if he is somehow the basis for the Haunted House butler or even Lord Vampire before he became a vampire?

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Why do so many people like it? Admittedly I'm not a Halloween fan, but how is it that great?

The parts

The pumpkin head, the cauldron, mouse, nice hairpiece, etc...

And overall the site is quite creepy with the haunted house in the background. 

:wub::wub::wub:

On 12/31/2016 at 8:31 AM, Legocity2713 said:

40252 Mini Volkswagen Beetle

Anyone know what technique is used to make that rear window get a nice slope with no gaps?

5 minutes ago, Johnmeel said:

Sticker on a transclear brick?

Doesn't look like it. It would've had a small border around (as is always the case with stickers)

3 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Doesn't look like it. It would've had a small border around (as is always the case with stickers)

Stickers. Take a look at instructions: https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/search?initialsearch=40252#?text=40252

This set is heavy sticked.

BTW - any news about availability?

PS. I also love halloween set!

Seeing all the complaints about a picnic in February being unrealistic... It was 82°F in Houston, Texas yesterday.  Pushing too *warm* for a pleasant picnic.  So I suppose maybe mid February is a bit too late in the year for a nice picnic :grin: 

So glad they're back to vignettes.

Thank you vey much for the pic, LegoLeroy! :classic:

I'm absolutely no Halloween fan, but do have to admit that this Halloween set looks very well designed! But I don't know if I'll buy it or not.

The only thing I'm surprised about and even a bit disappointed is that there for sure won't be any summer and Thanksgiving sets. Because since they are located in the year before Halloween, TLG would for sure even release them before and even have the pics of them earlier on the instructions of the Easter set etc.

37 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

The only thing I'm surprised about and even a bit disappointed is that there for sure won't be any summer and Thanksgiving sets. Because since they are located in the year before Halloween

There should be a Thanksgiving set as it is celebrated the month after Halloween. No worries!

41 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you vey much for the pic, LegoLeroy! :classic:

I'm absolutely no Halloween fan, but do have to admit that this Halloween set looks very well designed! But I don't know if I'll buy it or not.

The only thing I'm surprised about and even a bit disappointed is that there for sure won't be any summer and Thanksgiving sets. Because since they are located in the year before Halloween, TLG would for sure even release them before and even have the pics of them earlier on the instructions of the Easter set etc.

Thanksgiving comes after Halloween

I would like to see other seasonal sets. There is a lot of wasted potential. And some of this occasions are definitely more important than Valentines.

For example:

April Fools' Day
Children's Day - in many countries in June
Mother's Day - in most countries around May
Father's Day - May/June
International Workers' Day or Labor Day (May or September)

And start of summer vacations - mostly in June/July. For children one of the most important days in the year.

On 1/22/2017 at 5:14 PM, Robert8 said:

Thanksgiving comes after Halloween

*American* Thanksgiving comes after Halloween. Canadian Thanksgiving comes before.