SkaForHire

Next MCRA - Infos, Dates and Maps

2 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

If I have a 1WR which can only visit one port, how does that work for trading? Can it actually visit the two ports needing for trading?

Speed 1 ships can visit 2 ports (which gives 1T a decent value for their price)

13 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Speed 1 ships can visit 2 ports (which gives 1T a decent value for their price)

So then Speed 2 ships can still only visit 2 ports?

@MKJoshA Yes, it can. Every ship (so even a class-0 with a speed of 0) can at least visit two ports - even if it is bound to one zone.

So then Speed 2 ships can still only visit 2 ports?

Yes.

Just a reminder for everyone - the next MRCA deadline is to be February 5th - in short, tomorrow - so weigh your anchors and submit your forms, folks!  The new map can be found in this post, and unless I am quite mistaken, all the forms should be ready and up-to-date! :pir-wink:

1) Trade Runs:

First, choose which ports you wish to travel to. Use the settlement values chart (below). Your vessel can visit a minimum of two ports and a maximum of your vessel's speed limit.

For a class-0-ship with speed 0: Does that mean it can visit 2 ports in a traderun? Or does it mean that it can visit 0 ports in a traderun?

6 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

Does that mean it can visit 2 ports in a traderun?

Yes. They have to be in the same zone, though.

All ships can visit a minimum of two ports, and up to their speed stat, but some are limited by only being able to sail in one zone.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:04 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Has there been an announcement of the next MRCA deadline?

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, Kwatchi said:

Sunday, March 19

:thumbup: 

To break blockades, you may send a predator fleet to the zone, since you know where the enemy is, there is a higher chance of intercept.  Also you can send me a PM to remind me that they are going on this specific mission.  Finally,  you CAN be creative with your fleets... IE there is a way to send more complicated battle fleets then what is normally sent.

5 hours ago, SkaForHire said:

To break blockades, you may send a predator fleet to the zone, since you know where the enemy is, there is a higher chance of intercept.  Also you can send me a PM to remind me that they are going on this specific mission.  Finally,  you CAN be creative with your fleets... IE there is a way to send more complicated battle fleets then what is normally sent.

But why being so secretive about the vessels blockading the ports? I asked already 3 times, still no answer.

This should be open information as IC, it is not very difficult to determine what vessels are blockading your port as you see those ships laying in front of your port.

I have to agree with Maxim here. If the ships are close enough for an effective blockade, those on shore will have a pretty good idea of the strength of the blockading fleet.

And gamewise, I wouldn't much like to send out a fleet without some idea about the enemy. People have no way of knowing what sort of fleets Mardier have at their disposal, and even less so how big the blockades are.

5 hours ago, Bregir said:

I have to agree with Maxim here. If the ships are close enough for an effective blockade, those on shore will have a pretty good idea of the strength of the blockading fleet.

And gamewise, I wouldn't much like to send out a fleet without some idea about the enemy. People have no way of knowing what sort of fleets Mardier have at their disposal, and even less so how big the blockades are.

Indeed.  This is like Eslandola fighting blindfolded... which doesn't even make sense IC.  We may or may not be as powerful as Mardier (I don't know how we can know that for sure without knowing how powerful Mardier is), but in any case we're not some puny struggling nation that can't even afford a decent intelligence agency.  We should have a reasonably accurate idea as to what we're up against, methinks.

17 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Indeed.  This is like Eslandola fighting blindfolded... which doesn't even make sense IC.  We may or may not be as powerful as Mardier (I don't know how we can know that for sure without knowing how powerful Mardier is), but in any case we're not some puny struggling nation that can't even afford a decent intelligence agency.  We should have a reasonably accurate idea as to what we're up against, methinks.

Have any of actually you tried to do something in-game in regards to intelligence gathering?  Everyone should have a lot of PIPs lying around.

Just curious.

9 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Have any of actually you tried to do something in-game in regards to intelligence gathering?  Everyone should have a lot of PIPs lying around.

Just curious.

I think if there were some mechanism for that it would be great, though as far as I know there isn't.

14 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Just curious.

This brings me onto an idea... Hopefully I can execute it tomorrow evening.

Still not sure how the Pip's can help with it...

14 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

I think if there were some mechanism for that it would be great, though as far as I know there isn't.

.At the very least, it would require gamemastering.

9 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

This brings me onto an idea... Hopefully I can execute it tomorrow evening.

Still not sure how the Pip's can help with it...

Execute the idea?!? :pir-oh:  That sounds awful... guillotine, or just ax?

:pir-grin:  ...bad pun alert...

Just now, Bregir said:

.At the very least, it would require gamemastering.

Of course, and it might be rather too much at this stage... but an interesting way to play out spying and such without just having to ask questions and be told openly and all that.

Well, Eslandola did have some ships successfully run the blockade last MRCA, so that should count for something re in-game intelligence gathering.

Historically, blockades are not constant, their sizes would shift with ships coming in and out.  Also, one or two large ships could usually blockade a small city that did not have some sort of naval defense on hand.   It is probably noticeable to any who are in those towns, that it does not seem that more than five vessels are in sight at any one time.

Also, I would like to note that there are 1000s of threads, if you need immediate answers, PMing me is easier.  Or asking one of your leaders to ask in the court works too.

25 minutes ago, SkaForHire said:

Historically, blockades are not constant, their sizes would shift with ships coming in and out.  Also, one or two large ships could usually blockade a small city that did not have some sort of naval defense on hand.   It is probably noticeable to any who are in those towns, that it does not seem that more than five vessels are in sight at any one time.

Also, I would like to note that there are 1000s of threads, if you need immediate answers, PMing me is easier.  Or asking one of your leaders to ask in the court works too.

OK, PM headed your way...

-------------------------------------

Willem Guilder has received the following dispatch from Eslandola intelligence agents in his employ:

There appear to be no more than five ships on each blockade. A 5HA leads each squadron, but the rest of the ships are 4As or smaller. Also, it appears Mardier is gathering forces back at Kings Port, so we do not expect to see them reinforce these blockades.

Hey I'm still a little new to BoBS and I was wondering how long it usually takes for the MCRA to be done. Is it monthly? Or when should I expect it to come out? And if it's not monthly, when does my income for buildings happen, is that monthly independant of the MCRA or is that with the MCRA? 

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Hey I'm still a little new to BoBS and I was wondering how long it usually takes for the MCRA to be done. Is it monthly? Or when should I expect it to come out? And if it's not monthly, when does my income for buildings happen, is that monthly independant of the MCRA or is that with the MCRA? 

The MRCA takes as long as it takes: it was supposed to be monthly but working out the results proved too difficult to do in a routinely timely fashion.  Rewards from the MRCA are added to your account once the results are posted.  DB earned from builds are added to your account (officially) at the end of the month they are submitted.  In practice those DB are available as soon as you register the build.  You can check your current available DBs in the spreadsheet provided in the Account Summary thread - make sure you check the most recent version.