"Left, right, left, right, left" cried the Major as the soldiers marched along the street in the early morning. Following the company, Captain Anthony Genaro couldn't help but think that marines had it much better. Sure, you had to deal with all the perils of the sea, but you never had to drill, much less go on long marches, at such an ungodly hour. After all, no marine officer would dare risk disturbing the captain's sleep. But these thoughts were soon replaced with others as Anthony arrived under the black sign for one of Breshaun's most reputable wine merchants.

30927218034_442158c285_c.jpgBreshaun Wine Merchant by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

A bell over the door rang as Anthony stepped in. A lone assistant stood there brushing fictitious dust off an immaculate display of bottles while barrels, probably just arrived with the merchant convoy, were stacked along the windows. Before Anthony could move, a voice cried from the cellar. "I'll be right with you, sir," the voice cried as hurried footsteps came up the ladder.

31621837072_5f9d89f879_c.jpgBreshaun Wine Merchant by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

The shopkeeper quickly appeared, closed the hatch, and after briefly adjusting his jacket he turned and exclaimed "my dear Captain, welcome, a thousand welcomes to you!" as he gratefully shook Anthony's hand. "We've heard of your heroic successes at keeping those pirates at bay, keeping them away from our merchant fleets," continued the shopkeeper, shaking Anthony's hand with increasing vigor. "But, oh, how rude of me, where are my manners. Davis, Davis there," called the shopkeeper to the assistant. "Bring the Captain a Bleaunote Royal, 614." "Which I'm doing, isn't I." replied Davis in his nasally whine. "Please, sir, how may I be of service" continued the shopkeeper, his attention returning to Anthony.

31652351381_198dd0f7bc_c.jpgBreshaun Wine Merchant by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

"I'm in need of several crates of wine," replied Anthony. "One of the highest quality and several others of good quality, but nothing too expensive" Anthony went on, briefly giving Davis a polite nod as he took the glass of Bleaunote Royal. "Certainly, sir" said the shopkeeper. "Now, what exactly did you have in mind?"

31768517165_cdbfda5140_c.jpgBreshaun Wine Merchant by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

31731408496_b85af7208a_c.jpgBreshaun Wine Merchant by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Nice build! I really like the handle for the door and the shelf with bottles. The windows are neat to!

On the other hand, I don't like the visible blue pins above the door. Perhaps cover them with something? :pir-sweet:

This is a great build! The dark red really works well and the mixture of textures definitely sell the wall. I like the door and handle as has already been mentioned. The random cheese slope with a knife next to it is a great touch. They may need to taste some wine and cheese before they buy a crate. :pir-sweet: Also I like the attempt to put the bell above the door! Great attention to details which really make this build. Good job!

Great looking wine merchant, CG. I like the use of dark red and the brick bricks to give the wall texture, and the snot'ed windows are a great detail. Your troops are nice too, although their officer seems a bit young for the commission. :pir-wink: (Also, their arm work appears rather sloppy! Raise those arms briskly during march, lads! Wouldn't have been accepted in her Majesty's army.)

The interior is great too - I like details such as the door to the cellar, the wine racks, and the different furniture. (And although it took Silentwolfs comment to figure it out, I too like the bell.)

Story is nice too - It appears that Genaro is making a name for himself!

A fine build that encompass two of my passions, fine wine and marching bluecoats!!! :tongue: But, what is the hooded man doing there? Is he a priest of Zeus preaching for the abolition of wine or something?

How did I miss this one earlier? Very nice! I like the SNOT floor, and the bell over the door is very clever. I also like what I presume is the cellar door in the floor behind the counter. The plate of cheese on the counter is a nice touch! :pir-grin:

So, the question is, how is Bleaunote Royal vintage 614?

Excellent story and build! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

marching bluecoats

Should we all be making more builds with marching bluecoats? :bonaparte: 

6 hours ago, Phred said:

Should we all be making more builds with marching bluecoats? :bonaparte: 

yes please! drinking marching bluecoats!

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 1:18 PM, robinnilsson403 said:

Nice build! I really like the handle for the door and the shelf with bottles. The windows are neat to!

On the other hand, I don't like the visible blue pins above the door. Perhaps cover them with something? :pir-sweet:

Thank you. I thought the bell would do a better job of covering the pins, but I guess not.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 1:20 PM, Mengish said:

Lovely build and nice details. What more could we ask for? A glass of wine? Hmmm...yes please...

Glad you like it.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:25 AM, SilentWolf said:

This is a great build! The dark red really works well and the mixture of textures definitely sell the wall. I like the door and handle as has already been mentioned. The random cheese slope with a knife next to it is a great touch. They may need to taste some wine and cheese before they buy a crate. :pir-sweet: Also I like the attempt to put the bell above the door! Great attention to details which really make this build. Good job!

I agree, little details often make a good MOC great (or in my case, less terrible :laugh:), and I'm glad that you enjoy them.

23 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I almost missed this one.

Quite nice - great details - I'll have some cheese with the wine :thumbup:

Alright, but don't expect him to break out the reserve for an Eslandolander.:grin:

23 hours ago, Bregir said:

Great looking wine merchant, CG. I like the use of dark red and the brick bricks to give the wall texture, and the snot'ed windows are a great detail. Your troops are nice too, although their officer seems a bit young for the commission. :pir-wink: (Also, their arm work appears rather sloppy! Raise those arms briskly during march, lads! Wouldn't have been accepted in her Majesty's army.)

The interior is great too - I like details such as the door to the cellar, the wine racks, and the different furniture. (And although it took Silentwolfs comment to figure it out, I too like the bell.)

Story is nice too - It appears that Genaro is making a name for himself!

That's very kind of you to say.

As for the commission, his uncle is the King's barber, and a commission from the King is bound to result in rapid advancement (even if you can't get your men to look sharp while marching). 

22 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

A fine build that encompass two of my passions, fine wine and marching bluecoats!!! :tongue: But, what is the hooded man doing there? Is he a priest of Zeus preaching for the abolition of wine or something?

Nah, just some priest heading about his daily business (which happens to be keeping tabs on people for the Order).

20 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

How did I miss this one earlier? Very nice! I like the SNOT floor, and the bell over the door is very clever. I also like what I presume is the cellar door in the floor behind the counter. The plate of cheese on the counter is a nice touch! :pir-grin:

I'm very glad that you like it. Yes, that is the cellar door (primarily used to cover for my lack of masonry bricks).

20 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

So, the question is, how is Bleaunote Royal vintage 614?

Dark and full-bodied. The vintage isn't the best (far too dry, 609 would be better), but the merchant isn't going to waste his best inventory on free samples (especially when his primary goal is simply to get the customer a little tipsy before they discuss prices:pir-grin:).