8-Bit Ramen

Lego Club Magazine???

I've been getting Lego club magazine since I was about 7, and I know they come out like every other month, but did it end? It feels like it's been a while... Do you think they realized I'm not between 6-9 anymore? That's a shame. If one was suppose to come, I'll probably just email Lego saying I never got it. I've done that before and they sent me it PLUS a Lego collectible minifigure. 9 Year old me was pretty happy. 

They introduced an age cap on Lego magazine subscriptions last year, unfortunately. But you can still read every issue for free digitally on club.lego.com, or pick up free copies at Lego Brand Retail stores.

Edited by Lyichir

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

They introduced an age cap on Lego magazine subscriptions last year, unfortunately. But you can still read every issue for free digitally on club.lego.com, or pick up free copies at Lego Brand Retail stores.

Haha. No Lego stores for me, I live in North Florida. But I will look at them online.

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Nope, the magazine is still being published. Changes have been made to the policy, I believe subscription is linked to LEGO ID, which has your birthday in it. Age range is 5-9. 

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/club/member/parents

https://www.lego.com/en-SG/service/help-topics/fun-for-fans/club/changes-to-club-jr

Oh. That's odd. I'll look into maybe getting a new subscription.

We have a Lego Club magazine show up in the waiting room at my work. Recent issue too, so obviously they are still being published! :classic: I haven't really read them in years though, Brickset and Eurobricks suffices for my Lego news!

The age cap for printed magazines seems to be correct.  I used to get the magazine when I was younger.  Some time during college, I missed a renewal notice, so I ceased to get the magazine.  So, I helped my youngest brother and sister sign up instead.  That way, they could receive the magazine under their names and I could still see the magazine (with insert publications for both boys and girls, which were different sometimes).  Shortly after they signed up, my brother (age 14) got a magazine with a cover stating the age cap and a notice that he would cease to receive the printed copy.  My sister (age 12) still gets the magazine, but I believe the printed copy will soon cease for her as well.

It is kind of disappointing, but a life-long free subscription is kind of an unreal expectation.

1 hour ago, Slegengr said:

The age cap for printed magazines seems to be correct.  I used to get the magazine when I was younger.  Some time during college, I missed a renewal notice, so I ceased to get the magazine.  So, I helped my youngest brother and sister sign up instead.  That way, they could receive the magazine under their names and I could still see the magazine (with insert publications for both boys and girls, which were different sometimes).  Shortly after they signed up, my brother (age 14) got a magazine with a cover stating the age cap and a notice that he would cease to receive the printed copy.  My sister (age 12) still gets the magazine, but I believe the printed copy will soon cease for her as well.

It is kind of disappointing, but a life-long free subscription is kind of an unreal expectation.

Yeah. I feel bad about it, but I might just use a fake age and sign up again. Would that be bad? I just really liked them...

23 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ramen said:

Yeah. I feel bad about it, but I might just use a fake age and sign up again. Would that be bad? I just really liked them...

Maybe find a cousin/nephew/niece/neighbor/etc.  in the age range to sign up.  I know a friend who registered for his sister, since he was too old but she was still young enough.
It would be nice if LEGO would just make a subscription with a fee so they could still provide a magazine to people over the age limit.  A cost might be prohibitive to some people, but is a printed magazine worth more than a digital magazine?  LEGO does still provide the magazine for free online, so the inside information is easily obtainable by anyone.

Go online an say you have a child, that's what I had to start doing. I had them shipped to my mom's but then I moved too far away to get my mail and just went to the local LEGO Store. I noticed I didn't get this years, so I lied and said I have a son who I believe is 6.

LEGO has gotten WAY too greedy with getting rid of coupons, getting right of the calendar coupons even! Getting rid of the great little pick-a-brick boxes at Christmas. Then not allowing AFOL who spend hundreds if not thousands and thousands a year of LEGO get a cheaply made magazine?! $&%* them!