Hey everyone---

A look through my other submissions will reveal that I love cranes.   Incredible machines… functional, but, at least in my opinion, they can be aesthetic also.
Perhaps not in beauty, but in almost a complex, physical, Rube-Goldberg type of way. Last year I completed a large crane, a scaled copy of the Liebherr 1750.  
This time around I wanted to something bigger, yet smaller at the same time.  Encouraged by our "tiny mocs" thread, I had fun looking at other micro builds others have done.                                                                            

Although the crane below is not all that small in an absolute-value kind of way, given that I sought to replicate an
immense crane, at least in scale it is.   In fact, although I did not plan this, when it was all said and done the model below was very close to
scale of official Lego Micro Figures. Not perfect, but close. 

Introducing my Micro version of the Liebherr 13000.  My build is a little different.. Did not replicate all the winches and the engine is seated in a
different spot than the real crane.  But other than that it is more or less a replica of the crane.  Functions and features include:

-        Modular

-        Four fully-functioning winches

Engine compartment with diesel engine

-        Manual forward and backward drive

-        Manual rotating superstructure

-        Movable cab

Not a ton of functions – but at least some for a micro model.  Video and pics below:

More pics and information at: http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/435307

Higher quality photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92955936@N04/albums

1482198934m_SPLASH.jpg

14821983221_SPLASH.jpg

14821983232_SPLASH.jpg

14821985232_SPLASH.jpg

14821985254_SPLASH.jpg

14821989362_SPLASH.jpg

14821983243_SPLASH.jpg

Edited by nerdsforprez

I love it! These kind of little functional creatures leave little room for arbitrary design decisions. Well done!

4 hours ago, wissamms said:

Extremely nice, I love it!

Small comment: can't you add some more wheels inside the tracks? looks very empty inside

Yes, in fact, if I could change on thing, that would have been it.  I also did not like how the axles holding the connectors to the distant gears (sprockets) were bent.  If things would have affects the drive of the model, then I would have, but thankfully, the drive was unaffected. 

Thanks everyone else for the kind comments.....in fact this was a lot more fun of a build than I would have thought.....

That's really neat.  I'd love to add maybe 200-300 pieces to my blue crawler (official set) and change it into a similar crane.  I just wouldn't know where to begin.

15 hours ago, teos said:

That's really neat.  I'd love to add maybe 200-300 pieces to my blue crawler (official set) and change it into a similar crane.  I just wouldn't know where to begin.

I think it might be possible, but u would have to change the scale of it.  A 13000 is such a large beast. Also, don't know if the tracks in 42042 would be the correct size given the scale.